Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #465
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the explanation, i was thinking that reaction was man and coverage was zone that may explain my frustrations. Im trying out a new set now. (i completely started over) It seems to be working out a lot better. My previous rant was in no way to attack this thread it was a general frustration with the game. The slider set here seems to work well and the penalties are great, i just think you lost me when you went to all pro because the sliders are a little different when tweaking between the two difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #466
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Thus it can be said that zero is not necessarily the use of unmodified ratings for any position...The lack of consistency would tell us that much..

Also at 1 in the sliders I noted, I am seeing more false starts than at 0 or 99, and I am seeing things like unnecessary roughness and even had an illegal forward pass....

I am currently working with OPI and DPI at 1 to see if I can get a call of pass interference...This obviously may take awhile and may only happen with user intervention on a WR.

Now, I would say, in regards to penalty sliders, zero is off and 100 is full on, in theory it seems to hold true, though in practice, I am seeing such penalties as multiple false starts by the CPU team with false start set to 1 that I was not seeing at 99 or 50, for example....When it comes to User and CPU player sliders that is a different monster...

So maybe, in regards to penalties - zero is off and one is on, and anything above one just affects game play in some manner?
PI at 1 sounds interesting. I noticed while playing Armor&Swords set this week that i was "seeing" pass interference occur but not being called. I havent seen this occur on other sets and thats what drives me to think penalties are in the game just the sliders that co-exist/affect each other arent at the proper value. I also see holding on his set and Saints7's set but again i cant figure it all out. Craziest thing i saw in a thread was a theory that fatigue and injury have a huge bearing on penalties. A guy said that with injury jacked up, players suffered less serious injuries but at the same time it forces them to play very aggressively causing more penalties. Also with fatigue raised it caused more of the mistakes the lower rated players make. Sounds great in theory but what do i know lol
Old 12-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #467
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
We have only nailed down a couple sliders to be around the same number and boom we see that holding or fs work better at 1 and we thought 99 was the way to go, and we are 3 months in.

Are you guys actually seeing holding get called at 1? If so that is very interesting indeed!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #468
MVP

tyler28's Arena

no its more for the pocket presence and oline blocking. The qb seems to read the pocket better with os and holding at 1. IE, he'll step up when needed, tuck and run or throw the ball away a lot better. The oline seems to drop back better to form the pocket and read the d line. However, this will wipe out the penalty calls.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #469
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
no its more for the pocket presence and oline blocking. The qb seems to read the pocket better with os and holding at 1. IE, he'll step up when needed, tuck and run or throw the ball away a lot better. The oline seems to drop back better to form the pocket and read the d line. However, this will wipe out the penalty calls.
Its great that you guys could make that happen that way but terrible that EA ties the penalties into gameplay so much that they have to be sacrificed to do so.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #470
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thus it can be said that zero is not necessarily the use of unmodified ratings for any position...The lack of consistency would tell us that much..

Also at 1 in the sliders I noted, I am seeing more false starts than at 0 or 99, and I am seeing things like unnecessary roughness and even had an illegal forward pass....

I am currently working with OPI and DPI at 1 to see if I can get a call of pass interference...This obviously may take awhile and may only happen with user intervention on a WR.

Now, I would say, in regards to penalty sliders, zero is off and 100 is full on, in theory it seems to hold true, though in practice, I am seeing such penalties as multiple false starts by the CPU team with false start set to 1 that I was not seeing at 99 or 50, for example....When it comes to User and CPU player sliders that is a different monster...

So maybe, in regards to penalties - zero is off and one is on, and anything above one just affects game play in some manner?
Hmmm....that is an intriguing theory;which if true, means that we could have our cake and eat it too.....
Old 12-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #471
Rookie

Quote:

One of the best tests for run blocking at pass blocking, which are popular sliders to set to zero, is to run plays where the blockers have to pull or lead; how well a blocker pulls and leads and thus picks up the proper defender will show where the better slider setting is..(This is my observation and opinion only.)

I have seen abnormal things happen at 100 and at 0...1 is the least amount, as it appears, of AI intervention of a player's ratings..Thing is, at zero, you may have unmodified use of player ratings, but if the ratings are not being calculated properly then you have abnormalities in game play...I moved from 0 to 1 cause I was seeing blockers, for example, standing stationary and letting defenders run past them..
So, I run the 49ers with a true power-run first playstyle and a lot of their run plays have the Offensive Tackles pulling trap plays and even with human RBK at 0, I consistently find myself easily averaging 6 YPC both with Gore, a balanced smaller powerback, and his backup, Hyde, a slower true powerback. Outside run plays with Gore, I can easily get 5+ yards past the line of scrimmage without being touched, and on inside plays, i I can just power it up the middle for 4-8 yard gains, all simply because the defenders all get perfectly nudged out of the way just for a split second. This is with the exact current sliders on the OP post-patch on All-Pro and Slow speed. I have only seen this problem really go away on All-Madden.

Does this suggest that with User RBK at 1, the oline will block WORSE than at 0?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #472
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bbark3r1
So, I run the 49ers with a true power-run first playstyle and a lot of their run plays have the Offensive Tackles pulling trap plays and even with human RBK at 0, I consistently find myself easily averaging 6 YPC both with Gore, a balanced smaller powerback, and his backup, Hyde, a slower true powerback. Outside run plays with Gore, I can easily get 5+ yards past the line of scrimmage without being touched, and on inside plays, i I can just power it up the middle for 4-8 yard gains, all simply because the defenders all get perfectly nudged out of the way just for a split second. This is with the exact current sliders on the OP post-patch on All-Pro and Slow speed. I have only seen this problem really go away on All-Madden.

Does this suggest that with User RBK at 1, the oline will block WORSE than at 0?
Nope...It means I am using different sliders than you as a whole...As of right now I am working with the following: (Note: Trap plays are over powered in general)

HUMAN/CPU

(Offense)
QB Accuracy: 50/50
Pass Blocking: 1/1
WR Catching: 40/50

Run Blocking: 1/60
Fumbles: 50/60

(Defense)
Reaction Time: 50/56
Interceptions: 30/30
Pass Coverage: 50/56

Tackling: 1/35

(Special Teams)
FG Power: 53/53
FG Accuracy: 33/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

(Universal Effects)
Injury: 53
Fatigue: 63
Threshold: 0
Game Speed: Slow
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Min. Play Clock: 17 seconds
Skill Level: All-Pro

(PENALTIES)
Offsides: 99
False Start: 0
Holding: 1
Facemask: 1
D.P.I.: 1
O.P.I.: 1
KR/PR: 50
Clipping: 33
I.Grounding: 1
RTP: 50
RTK: 1

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-04-2014 at 11:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »