Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #41
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This set isn't designed to be a crazy hard All Madden set (I leave that to Jarrod's expertise - he does a fine job with that).

I'm looking for a balanced challenge; but with AP, QB pocket awareness can be downright awful. I want this set to feel like a 'smarter All Pro' and I think we are quite close to that.

As to your concern about ratings; I definitely think they still matter. There is a HUGE difference in line play based on player ratings and QBs definitely play to their ratings. Does the CPU get a boost because it is All Madden? Yes, they do. But you get a boost because you are a human being going up against an AI.
Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'll keep using em and let you know how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #42
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Have tried about all the sliders and was not getting exactly the "feel" of the game that I was looking for. Was in the process of making my own set until I came across these. These are the "feel" I was looking for. Everything just flows nicely and the gameplay shines with this set. Great work!

For anyone who wants to know, I have played with this set on all pro and it feels just a tad more realistic to me than it does on AM. Unless I see something in more games to come I will be using these on all pro.

Last edited by cedwebb; 10-19-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Have tried about the sliders and was not getting exactly the "feel" of the game that I was looking for. Was in the process of making my own set until I came across these. These are the "feel" I was looking for. Everything just flows nicely and the gameplay shines with this set. Great work!

For anyone who wants to know, I have played wit his set on all pro and it feels just a tad more realistic to me than it does on AM. Unless I see something in more games to come I will be using these on all pro.
Much appreciated. Keep us informed on your progress with AP. I'd be very interested in hearing about the CPU QB pocket awareness and their passing game in general.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #44
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Played week 3 of jag CFM. Lost 35-17. I was killed on the ground with Bradshaw have 3 1 yard TD runs and Andrew luck with 56 yard run and pick six. I was picked 4 times. 2 my fault.

Bradshaw was 25 for 62 3 TDs

gerhart 22 carries 82 yards.

I'll be testing more
Old 10-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Passing game on both sides is nice with these; running game on both sides feels a tad overpowered perhaps.

But major kudos on the CPU QB AI and pass rush fronts. You have a balance between sacks and completion percentages here that's just a hair better than what I was getting on my modified version of Charter's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 3

@All -

So what is everyone's sack numbers look like with this slider set thus far?
Old 10-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #47
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Passing game on both sides is nice with these; running game on both sides feels a tad overpowered perhaps.

But major kudos on the CPU QB AI and pass rush fronts. You have a balance between sacks and completion percentages here that's just a hair better than what I was getting on my modified version of Charter's.
The funny thing is that I thought it was underpowered until I realized I had posted a facemask setting of 50 when I was using 25. I'm going to find an intermediate value that might help things out a wee bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@All -

So what is everyone's sack numbers look like with this slider set thus far?
I'm seeing between 2 and 4 per game for the user.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #48
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK....I have to admit that I thought some of you were crazy that the run game was overpowered until I realized that I had my set setup wrong. I'm glad I did though, because when I set facemask back to 50, I saw the same thing.

So, I did some very brief testing with the OP set and JUST lowering facemask to 42 (just matched the fumble setting - no other rhyme or reason). I like what I saw with a good mix of one-on-one tackles, but some broken ones.

Used the Pats for a bit and saw Ridley rumble a bit through the meat of the defense for a few yards, saw Vereen break a weak tackle attempt by a corner, and saw Vereen get manhandled by both a LB and a safety (separate plays). Also saw similar things with the CPU backs.

Going to update the OP to suggest this tentatively.

Unfortunately, reality sets in as I have a major project at work due mid-week. I will have minimal time for gameplay, but keep the comments coming, I enjoy reading them during my lunch breaks - keeps me thinking of happier things I'll reply when I can....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »