Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #481
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Nope...It means I am using different sliders than you as a whole...As of right now I am working with the following: (Note: Trap plays are over powered in general)

HUMAN/CPU

(Offense)
QB Accuracy: 50/50
Pass Blocking: 1/1
WR Catching: 40/50

Run Blocking: 1/60
Fumbles: 50/60

(Defense)
Reaction Time: 50/56
Interceptions: 30/30
Pass Coverage: 50/56

Tackling: 1/35

(Special Teams)
FG Power: 53/53
FG Accuracy: 33/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

(Universal Effects)
Injury: 53
Fatigue: 63
Threshold: 0
Game Speed: Slow
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Min. Play Clock: 17 seconds
Skill Level: All-Pro

(PENALTIES)
Offsides: 99
False Start: 0
Holding: 1
Facemask: 1
D.P.I.: 1
O.P.I.: 1
KR/PR: 50
Clipping: 33
I.Grounding: 1
RTP: 50
RTK: 1
Stress, can you start a thread for your sliders? You're very active on the forums and have had a lot of great input in a bunch of different threads. I'm curious about this set and the changes you've made and would like to ask you some questions, but I don't want to hijack Josh's thread.

Josh, have you tried FS, HOL and RTK at zero, if not do you plan too?

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #482
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter

Stress, can you start a thread for your sliders? You're very active on the forums and have had a lot of great input in a bunch of different threads. I'm curious about this set and the changes you've made and would like to ask you some questions, but I don't want to hijack Josh's thread.

Josh, have you tried FS, HOL and RTK at zero, if not do you plan too?
I have played with FS and HD and zero and it is interesting; I also am intrigued by setting them at 1.

I may play around with RTK; but unless I see something amazing, do not foresee myself setting it to 0.

I second your thought about stress opening a new thread; not because I don't want mine "hijacked" but because stress has some amazing ideas that deserve their own recognition. They are quite worthy of their own dedicated thought group; one that I would follow quite closely.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #483
Rookie

OVR: 0

Josh, what things still need to be tested in your 4th version to get these final. I have been using your sliders as I feel that you have the best explanations and from testing, they have played the best so far
Old 12-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #484
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj89
Josh, what things still need to be tested in your 4th version to get these final. I have been using your sliders as I feel that you have the best explanations and from testing, they have played the best so far
I just need to play one or two more games to make sure I don't see anything funky. I'll likely be posting version 1.0 later today.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #485
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK guys....version 1.0 is out!!!

There have been some awesome things to come out of this thread and I have been able to apply many of them to this set. The biggest change is the use of 1 for the false start and holding sliders; the line play is much more dynamic and you actually see a pocket form on pass plays; which is awesome.

One note on the IG slider. The setting a 78 is calibrated with QBA at 6. QBs will get rid of the ball and will play to their traits more readily. Gunslingers that aren't afraid to challenge defenses will try it deep; elite throwers will hit the open man (short or deep); conservative passers are more likely to dump it off. I strongly recommend leaving this "as is"; along with the CPU QBA.

On the human run game, I have tried to make it as realistic as possible. If you are using a team with a strong run game (like San Francisco or Seattle) you will do well; if not, you will struggle more. When I run the ball, I try to follow the play; I'll cut against the grain if it opens up; but I won't abuse the turbo button to try to kick everything outside. If it is too easy to you, you should be safe to lower either the RBK or the Fumbles slider. Alternatively, you can try lowering CPU Pass reaction a bit (but be aware that this could make the User pass game easier).

On the CPU run game - this is a different animal. I DO NOT recommend bumping up the fumble slider to 50 or above as even the smallest running backs turn into bulldozers. They actually show more elusiveness at lower settings. If you really want the CPU run game to be tough, bump up their RBK first and then try bumping up Fumbles to no more than 49.

If you want coverage to be tighter, you can raise DPI a tad bit; but start watching for coverage sacks when you are on defense. If you start seeing too many, back off of the DPI slider.

Here is the set:

Version 1.0

HUM/CPU
qb acc: 6/6
pass blocking: 0/0
wr catching: 40/40
run blocking: 5/35
Fumbles: 40/40
Reaction time: 50/45
Interceptions: 35/30
Pass coverage: 23/23
tackling: 15/35

Special Teams
FG Power – 50
FG Acc - 1 (use 38 for play now games)
Punt Power - 50
Punt Acc - 50
KO Power - 50

Penalties
Offside: 99
False Start:1
Holding: 1
Facemask: 40
DPI: 50
OPI: 75
PCI: 38
Clipping: 50
int grounding: 78
roughing the passer:50
roughing the kicker: 30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #486
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice looking set Josh..I'll be giving them a try...I have to agree on your evaluation of CPU fumble above 50 making any CPU runner a truck...That is what I see was creating such problems for me with the sliders I've been working on..The CPU blockers would just push defenders off the ball with ease.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #487
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Nice looking set Josh..I'll be giving them a try..
Unfortunately, plugging this sliders on All Pro into my Dallas CFM has seen my sack average jump to 6.2 per game across three games (was 3.8 per game in the previous 5 games played on AM).

Went back and played a couple of those same three games on AM again (using a slightly modified version of your original AM sliders), and sack average fell back down to around 3.0/game.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #488
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Unfortunately, plugging this sliders on All Pro into my Dallas CFM has seen my sack average jump to 6.2 per game across three games (was 3.8 per game in the previous 5 games played on AM).

Went back and played a couple of those same three games on AM again (using a slightly modified version of your original AM sliders), and sack average fell back down to around 3.0/game.
Assuming this was the old set since I just finished one single game since I posted this set and I started it as soon as I posted it....

That said, I did see a couple of icky QB moments in my last game, against Fitzpatrick and the Texans. I'll keep monitoring this. Worst-case, we go back to FS at 50 and Holding at 99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »