JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 63 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Hey guys, are the new uodated 1.0 sliders for All-Pro or All-Madden?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #498
Pro

It says All Pro on the first page.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #499
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
It says All Pro on the first page.
Yep thanks.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes, and WRs never go after the ball - they just wait for the ball to come to them to make the nice, safe catch or let the DB to swat it away.
If you're convinced higher OPI leads to WR's making better and more aggressive plays on the ball (I'm still unsure myself tbh from different things I've seen), why not dramatically lower DPI and really bump up OPI to maximize this sliders effect? So instead of a +25 OPI differential, have a +50 or +75 or even +100. Whatever the max is without breaking the slider.

In this game, DB's make too many unrealistic plays on the ball that you don't see on Sundays. Meanwhile, and more to the point, WR's are far too passive and don't fight enough for contested 50/50 balls. If you could have the WR's playing to their max aggression and the DB's only playing at balls their eyes can see and in a realistic radius to them, that would enhance the passing game greatly. I understand increasing the slider differential could loosen coverage too much (I'm guessing), but if that's the case, you could simply bump up pass coverage to make the coverage and windows much tighter. Ideally, you'd have a passing game with tight windows and coverage, but WR's fighting and winning more of the contested 50/50 balls. Elite QB's would shine more due to fitting it in tight windows and making good reads, and below average QB's would struggle more due to inaccuracy and poor awareness vs tight coverage.

All sounds good (to me anyway), but not sure if it would work that way. If OPI/DPI works exactly as you think but, and from what I can tell pass coverage slider works as it should, it could be worth a look-see. Chances are you've already tested this but. Thoughts?

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #501
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
If you're convinced higher OPI leads to WR's making better and more aggressive plays on the ball (I'm still unsure myself tbh from different things I've seen), why not dramatically lower DPI and really bump up OPI to maximize this sliders effect? So instead of a +25 OPI differential, have a +50 or +75 or even +100. Whatever the max is without breaking the slider.

In this game, DB's make too many unrealistic plays on the ball that you don't see on Sundays. Meanwhile, and more to the point, WR's are far too passive and don't fight enough for contested 50/50 balls. If you could have the WR's playing to their max aggression and the DB's only playing at balls their eyes can see and in a realistic radius to them, that would enhance the passing game greatly. I understand increasing the slider differential could loosen coverage too much (I'm guessing), but if that's the case, you could simply bump up pass coverage to make the coverage and windows much tighter. Ideally, you'd have a passing game with tight windows and coverage, but WR's fighting and winning more of the contested 50/50 balls. Elite QB's would shine more due to fitting it in tight windows and making good reads, and below average QB's would struggle more due to inaccuracy and poor awareness vs tight coverage.

All sounds good (to me anyway), but not sure if it would work that way. If OPI/DPI works exactly as you think but, and from what I can tell pass coverage slider works as it should, it could be worth a look-see. Chances are you've already tested this but. Thoughts?
All good questions. I have found that at OPI of 75 is a sweet spot. Too high and that stop making the leaping grab and they run through everything. Too low and they make no effort at all unless the ball is right at them. DPI controls the tightness of coverage, relative to OPI. Lower it too much, and coverage will be too loose (too high and CPU QBs will take too many sacks). You can't compensate with PCV either as that only adjusts how well they follow receivers (more at low settings) versus batting down passes (more at high settings).

If it weren't for the CPU QB AI issues, I would set OPI/DPI to 75/74 and we would be done. I am trying to get this set to work on All Madden to control the sack issue. If we can get that working...we will try that OPI/DPI setting.

This is what we have to work with....
Old 12-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #502
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyusMaximus
Do these work for Play Now?
Anyone have an answer?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #503
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyusMaximus
Anyone have an answer?
They work in "Play Now."
Old 12-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #504
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

JoshC1977:

I have to commend and thank you for the insight into your revelation re: the relationship between OPI / DPI...

The "discrepancy of one" has lead to two immediate observations:

1) It's now possible to complete intermediate and deep passes, because there is reduced mirroring by formerly "psychic" CPU DBs...

2) CPU QB throws to the "red route" primary receiver more often, leading to more realistic completions and in completions...

I personally, built my "house of cards" with both at 100 (as always) because I like the "five yard fight" at the LOS that is high risk / reward...I'm also of the opinion that, like the INT slider and a few other penalty sliders, it has a "universal ball pursuit" tied to it...

Anyway:

Regardless of where one prefers these to be set, the "discrepancy of one" is prob the most eye opening find I've run across in years...

And I "read and react" to ALL of this sort of thing...

Well Played, Sir!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »