JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 70 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #553
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What were his traits set to? How did the rest of the set feel, look, play?
He has "Throw the Ball Away." I do not remember his "Sense Pressure" trait, but he is not normally one the QBs I was super-successful getting too.

Anyway, I thought you played with the Eagles? Shouldn't you know that?

I'm curious if the issue is the IG slider. I will caveat that these are small sample sizes, but it seemed, whether using your new or your old set, every time I would go either up or down, significantly, sacks would jump. If I went back to 50 and replayed that game, or played the next, sacks would immediately be back to the 3-4 range. Now, definitely, part of the problem may be that my 8-3 Cowboys (and especially the D Line with about 30 sacks exclusive of the DBs/LBs), have very high confidence at this point, but still, my experience has been that at IG 1, QBs release faster and scramble, but are reluctant to throw the ball away.

I have a hypothesis, actually, that this year, low settings tend to help scrambling/aggressive QBs, encouraging them to get out of the pocket and make crazy throws to get out of trouble, while higher IG tends to help pocket passers to make more intelligent throws down field or throw the ball away. IF that were true, then it would seem that 40-50 would actually be the best setting . . .

I really wish EA could program an offensive AI that could actually play as close to a human as possible, and that penalty sliders, off all things, affected penalties.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #554
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played ALL MADDEN for a test with the original 1.0 set and noticed that I was fumbling the ball a lot. I fumbled like 3 times before the half.... When you guys are testing these, has anyone else seen that?

I only played one game so it could have been a fluke but it made me go back to AP... but I am going to test whatever the most current AM set is tonight when I get home for the pre-season in my CFM.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #555
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
He has "Throw the Ball Away." I do not remember his "Sense Pressure" trait, but he is not normally one the QBs I was super-successful getting too.

Anyway, I thought you played with the Eagles? Shouldn't you know that?

I'm curious if the issue is the IG slider. I will caveat that these are small sample sizes, but it seemed, whether using your new or your old set, every time I would go either up or down, significantly, sacks would jump. If I went back to 50 and replayed that game, or played the next, sacks would immediately be back to the 3-4 range. Now, definitely, part of the problem may be that my 8-3 Cowboys (and especially the D Line with about 30 sacks exclusive of the DBs/LBs), have very high confidence at this point, but still, my experience has been that at IG 1, QBs release faster and scramble, but are reluctant to throw the ball away.

I have a hypothesis, actually, that this year, low settings tend to help scrambling/aggressive QBs, encouraging them to get out of the pocket and make crazy throws to get out of trouble, while higher IG tends to help pocket passers to make more intelligent throws down field or throw the ball away. IF that were true, then it would seem that 40-50 would actually be the best setting . . .

I really wish EA could program an offensive AI that could actually play as close to a human as possible, and that penalty sliders, off all things, affected penalties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan

I have a hypothesis, actually, that this year, low settings tend to help scrambling/aggressive QBs, encouraging them to get out of the pocket and make crazy throws to get out of trouble, while higher IG tends to help pocket passers to make more intelligent throws down field or throw the ball away. IF that were true, then it would seem that 40-50 would actually be the best setting .
I agree with you about the QB behave related with IG. Simply touching only IG and RTP this happens:
1) as much as you lower IG the QB releases the ball faster. The QB % increase and the OL becomes easier to beat. Low IG is like to reduce the pass block ability of the OL
2) as much as you raise IG the QB % drops and the OL becomes better
3) as much as you go down with RTP the QB% drops
4) as much as you go up the QB% increases

I also think the impact of the IG is bigger than RTP.

Forgetting for a second IG and RTP the reason why the CPU takes the sack is because most of the times he throws the ball just if the WR/TE..is a clear step away from the defender. Playing with threshold at zero makes the DBs even faster and they already are normally faster than the WRs. I'm trying threshold at 95 in complement with a low pass coverage to give a bigger chance to the WRs to gain a step of advantage on the defender. Trying this way to reduce the number of times the QB hold the ball taking a sack.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #556
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I had IG on 50 for a very long time....frankly, there is probably a good reason for that.

I'm going to play at least one other game using the OP set. Based on my own intuition and what I am reading here, I am probably going back there and probably back to my old blocking-related penalty sliders.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #557
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I am curious what plays people are using to get sacks? As I have used IG @ 1 for a while now and I do not see 6 or more sacks by any one team, but it also sounds like some are playing in CFM and I myself am playing in "Play Now."

So I am curious where everyone is playing with these sliders at, as I assume it would be helpful to many others?
Old 12-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #558
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
I agree with you about the QB behave related with IG. Simply touching only IG and RTP this happens:
1) as much as you lower IG the QB releases the ball faster. The QB % increase and the OL becomes easier to beat. Low IG is like to reduce the pass block ability of the OL
2) as much as you raise IG the QB % drops and the OL becomes better
3) as much as you go down with RTP the QB% drops
4) as much as you go up the QB% increases

I also think the impact of the IG is bigger than RTP.

Forgetting for a second IG and RTP the reason why the CPU takes the sack is because most of the times he throws the ball just if the WR/TE..is a clear step away from the defender. Playing with threshold at zero makes the DBs even faster and they already are normally faster than the WRs. I'm trying threshold at 95 in complement with a low pass coverage to give a bigger chance to the WRs to gain a step of advantage on the defender. Trying this way to reduce the number of times the QB hold the ball taking a sack.

I raised IG to 10, generally at 1, and I can see a better rush attack by the computer; Something to watch? May have to adjust fumble or run blocking to counter any raise to IG?

I am playing against the vikings and in the first series with all sliders the same as the OP except with IG at 10, I have seen QB Bridgewater scramble and throw the ball away...Does look better in that regard, more balanced? Seems some better decisions by the QB...Bridgewater got himself injured and now QB Ponder is in and he is making some nice choices downfield as opposed to just dumping off to the short receiver...Thus he is taking chances on throws and both making some and missing some...
I keep RTP at 50...

User running is much easier - I am thinking run blocking will have to be lowered...Breaking off 5 yard runs now and converting 3rd and short with ease.

NOTE: I am running Traps and Dives.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-12-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #559
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am curious what plays people are using to get sacks? As I have used IG @ 1 for a while now and I do not see 6 or more sacks by any one team, but it also sounds like some are playing in CFM and I myself am playing in "Play Now."

So I am curious where everyone is playing with these sliders at, as I assume it would be helpful to many others?

CFM, obviously.

For me, career/franchise mode is the only one I am interested in.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #560
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

All my games are being played in CFM. "Play Now" games play quite differently than CFM as in "Play Now", all players have a 65 confidence level. I have no doubt that CPU QBs are playing better....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »