JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 74 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #585
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I know Josh will have some more details on this subject, but you can try lowering CPU fumble or run blocking...

Wanna make small changes and see the results...The run game I find is a tough one to key in with an equal amount of threat from inside runs and outside runs at the same time...
I think you might be going a bit too far with your attempts to tweak the run game. Few teams IRL are affective running the ball both inside and out, so they shouldn't be affective doing it in the game. Some teams excel at the inside run and some teams excel at the outside run, they should play to their strength, no? I guess it depends on what team your testing with and what type of run game they have also. If your trying to tune an "up the gut" team to be equally proficient with sweeps and toss' your going to have a tough time. It's like trying to get a dink and dunk team to be a consistent deep threat, it'll be tough to dial in and it's most likely going to mess up some other stuff.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #586
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I think you might be going a bit too far with your attempts to tweak the run game. Few teams IRL are affective running the ball both inside and out, so they shouldn't be affective doing it in the game. Some teams excel at the inside run and some teams excel at the outside run, they should play to their strength, no? I guess it depends on what team your testing with and what type of run game they have also. If your trying to tune an "up the gut" team to be equally proficient with sweeps and toss' your going to have a tough time. It's like trying to get a dink and dunk team to be a consistent deep threat, it'll be tough to dial in and it's most likely going to mess up some other stuff.
I am trying to tune sliders so outside teams run outside and inside teams can run inside...Then there are teams that run good at both inside and outside runs...What seems to happen is, when you tune a team to run inside and then go to a team that runs outside, they are totally shut down, and vice-versa..

I also want a run game by the CPU that will gain extensive yards against 1, 2, 3, and four man fronts...Thus when it is 3rd and 1 and the defense can stop a run with a 3 man front nickle that allows them to also equally cover a pass, then I believe the game is unbalanced...

There are a number of dime and quarter plays that can shut down the run game, but in reality, this shouldn't, and doesn't happen. I am trying to get that type of run game...Forcing the user to make adjustments to stop a run or pass, not just use a base cover 2 or cover 1 or cover 3 and have all the bases covered..
Old 12-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #587
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am trying to tune sliders so outside teams run outside and inside teams can run inside...Then there are teams that run good at both inside and outside runs...What seems to happen is, when you tune a team to run inside and then go to a team that runs outside, they are totally shut down, and vice-versa..

I also want a run game by the CPU that will gain extensive yards against 1, 2, 3, and four man fronts...Thus when it is 3rd and 1 and the defense can stop a run with a 3 man front nickle that allows them to also equally cover a pass, then I believe the game is unbalanced...

There are a number of dime and quarter plays that can shut down the run game, but in reality, this shouldn't, and doesn't happen. I am trying to get that type of run game...Forcing the user to make adjustments to stop a run or pass, not just use a base cover 2 or cover 1 or cover 3 and have all the bases covered..
Thanks for clarifying, I can understand why it is so difficult to tune, there are far too many variables affecting the run game, which is the same issue with most aspects of this.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #588
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Josh; question. How can I calm the CPU run game? i have been dashed every game for over 140 yards plus, it's hard for me. What can I adjust?

I was gashed by Darian Robinson, Frank gore, Danny woodhead... They aren't that great of Backs. My Front 4 is decent actually. Just hard for me. Besides that, I have a solid set based off your set.
Woohoo!! I wasn't the only one. Try dropping CPU RBK down to 30 - that should tone it down a bit.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #589
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Woohoo!! I wasn't the only one. Try dropping CPU RBK down to 30 - that should tone it down a bit.
Thanks bro! Plugging it in after this game!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #590
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Will do Josh. I will go back and review my stream and check out ratings in game. I loved the way I felt threatened by the CPU attack and I really had to play hard, even against the lowly Raiders. I am still in awe about the 2 kick returns for TD's and the late hit out of bounds call. I have seen good things with IG back at 50 and RTP at 60. The QB seems to have a brain now, even on screen passes. I should get some testing in later today.
Sounds very promising.

Are you rolling with the OP sliders on All-Madden, with the exception of 50 threshold and 60 RTP? Or have you made other adjustments?

Also, slow or normal game speed?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:30 AM   #591
Rookie

KrushEm12's Arena

Awesome Set Josh makes for a fun *** game !!! For those who play offline cfm and are getting aggravated with the screwed up confidence point drops theres a way around it ..... If you go to depth charts and move second string players to first string and exit depth chart screen when u go back to depth charts players will get 5 confidence points .... u can do it over n over till they max out at 99 .... QBs - RBs - TEs - LEs - REs - All LBs - FSs - and SSs are the only positions u can do this with !!! This shouldnt be used for online play for the obvious cheat factor !!! I only play offline cfm 32 team control .... For those who use this enjoy boys !!!
Old 12-14-2014, 02:14 AM   #592
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just played a game on All-Madden (first time since the patch dropped). Only minor slider changes. Steelers (me) vs Falcons. 7 minute quarters. Went to OT with me winning on a FG, 20-17.

Sounds like a good competitive game, but was pretty ugly. I threw 5 INT's with Roethlisberger. I'm of some fault, but it was mainly due to psychic DB's who had Jerry Rice like hands. Had that All-Madden cheat feel to it. I guess you're wondering how I won after throwing 5 INT's (which is a very unrealistic outcome). Well Ryan threw 2 of his own, but they were actually pretty realistic in that they were errant throws which went straight to a defender in close vicinity. Ike Taylor had a pick which he juggled about 2-3 times before finally securing on his boot laces upon stumbling over. Very nice animation I've never witnessed before. Still gives them a +3 TO differential but. Well Ryan was strip-sacked by Harrison inside my 20 which we recovered. That still gives a high powered Falcons offense a +2 TO differential vs a Steelers defense very susceptible to the pass and prone to getting burned. The reason I won is a big M15 fault which I'm not sure can be completely corrected. Ryan took 5 sacks (and in key situations) which ultimately stalled drives. Not a TON of sacks, but a lot when you consider I played 7 minute quarters with 17 second run off (so technically only one full half of football). Harrison had 3 sacks, Worilds 1, Heyward 1. Both QB's threw about 56% which needs to be higher and pushing 70% (considering who the QB's are). USER is mostly my fault (along with psychic DB's and superhuman pass defense), and CPU could also be my fault as I dropped QBA to 5, which could explain his errant throws which resulted in 2 INT's. Human QBA was 10 however.

Running game felt good. I was successful with Bell without dominating (4.8 avg). Falcons didn't run much but started off with a burst and picked up decent chunks of yardage early. Had me thinking "here we go, more overpowered All-Madden", but my defense actually stiffened up and held him to mostly minimal gains throughout, including a big goal line stand. Jackson finished with 3.3 avg.

Overall, much more competitive than All-Pro, but mostly due to the CPU All-Madden boost, which sometimes just feels like you're getting cheated.

The "minor changes" I alluded to before were:

USER/CPU

QBA: 10/5
WRC: 45/40
RB: 5/35
FUM: 40/40
RT: 50/50
INT: 35/35
PC: 15/20
TAC: 15/20

FGP: 51/51
FGA: 25/40
PP: 51/51
PA: 25/80
KOP: 51/51

OFF: 99
FS: 1
HOL: 70
FM: 20
DPI: 90
OPI: 99
PCI: 40
CLIP: 40
IG: 50
RTP: 55
RTK: 20

Speed: Normal
Threshold: 30 (normally 10, testing higher)

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-14-2014 at 04:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »