JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 76 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #601
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Also why did you drop IG.
IG was put back to 50 because frankly too much gets broken when it's moved. The QB play becomes unstable when moved away from default.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #602
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
IG was put back to 50 because frankly too much gets broken when it's moved. The QB play becomes unstable when moved away from default.
100% agree. I've had IG at default 50 for a good while now. Have always thought it produced the most consistent results. Setting it extremely high or low was very sporadic I found. Default 50 is far from perfect, but I really don't think there's a "fix" for QB AI.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #603
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
what gets broken or is unstable?
Old 12-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #604
Rookie

Red face Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Sorry...but not seeing 'Psychic DBs' on my end. I feel that CPU DBs react realistically and will jump routes when you make a bad read. If you are playing against elite defenders, then it is over if you make a mistake.

No need to be sorry. I've played enough Madden to recognize psychic DB play but, and it's most frequent on All-Madden. Unfortunately, it reared it's ugly head vs Atlanta, who are far from an elite defensive team. I love a good challenge and love paying for my mistakes, but when you throw a pick (let alone 5) and think "wow let me check the replay of what happened there", and the DB makes an uncanny psychic superhuman play, that's just not enjoyable to me. It's funny, it's like when you see it happen once, it just keeps happening, like something triggers in the game. I've had a ton of great games on M15, but this just wasn't one of them. Sorry.

Ahem.....you dropped Holding to 70 (hardly a "minor change"....bump it back up to 80. It's that high for a reason and it is to help with the pass rush, especially for teams that blitz all the time.

The 5 sacks Ryan took weren't due to the pass rush getting there quick and abusing the OL. They were due to Ryan holding the ball far too long and refusing to take a shot or throw the ball away. Raising holding to 80 (which also effects the running game on both sides) isn't going to stop Ryan from taking sacks after 5 seconds in the pocket. Tbh I dunno what's worse; him taking a sack after 5 seconds (dumb QB play), or him potentially completing a pass after 7 seconds (anaemic pass rush). That's ultimately the outcome of raising or lowering holding by 10 in this scenario, and both produce equally unrealistic results. It's not that the pass rush is overpowered or the OL underpowered. He had a lot of time in the pocket majority of the game. An unrealistic amount even. With that, he still took 5 sacks in 7 minute quarters. Raising holding by 10 will only make the running game on both sides more powerful, while giving Ryan even more time in the pocket. It's the decision making and unwillingness to throw the ball away or take shots, not the OL not "holding" long enough. Unless of course the holding slider somehow effects QB AI.
I did play another game. Browns (me) vs Bucs. I won 20-17 on a last second FG. Very enjoyable game. Played much differently and felt more realistic. Only minor changes to my last slider set, with the biggest being slow game speed not normal. Outcome similar, but night and day in terms of gameplay and what happened to get to that point.

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-14-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #605
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
what gets broken or is unstable?
In my experience, QB's seem to lose a sense of what is going on around them. The QB play just seems more natural at 50, whether it's a scrambling QB or a pocket passer. I have raised roughing the passer to 60 and have seen far less sacks. It seems as if raising it has allowed the QB to sense the pressure and then forces the QB to make a play, whether it is throw it away, check down, throw it downfield, or run. I've seen all of those scenarios play out. It's not perfect but I'm going to continue to test and see how things play out. By raising roughing the passer, I have seen a few called, but not to anything extreme. I seen one for each team in my last game.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #606
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Cool Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh, I went back and studied my streams on breakaway plays. I did see some slower linebackers run down a few guys who were faster, but it wasn't in the open field for a track meet. They were normally caught after being slowed down by a hit, which lead to the LB chasing them down via a good pursuit angle. That to me is not a problem and is a good thing. I have seen faster personnel get out in the open and not get caught. I think 50 threshold is working just fine, but it's definitely a user preference. The pursuit rating also gives the defensive player a speed burst along with the other ratings, so that is something else to take into account.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #607
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played a game with your set and it felt real smooth. It was a competitive game until the 4th and rivers couldn't do anything. I won with the Cardinals 35-17. Scored 21 in 4th. I shut rivers down to 155 yards. I'm worried the human pass d may be too tight how would I adjust that? I'm looking for a competitive set that I can lose on. I liked how the qb play was with ig. At 50. Rivers did well throwing the ball away and moving around he just really didn't go down field at all. Like I said I just think the coverage was too tight to find an open man.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #608
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Just played a game with your set and it felt real smooth. It was a competitive game until the 4th and rivers couldn't do anything. I won with the Cardinals 35-17. Scored 21 in 4th. I shut rivers down to 155 yards. I'm worried the human pass d may be too tight how would I adjust that? I'm looking for a competitive set that I can lose on. I liked how the qb play was with ig. At 50. Rivers did well throwing the ball away and moving around he just really didn't go down field at all. Like I said I just think the coverage was too tight to find an open man.
How many times was he sacked? Rivers is the poster boy for taking unnecessary sacks in M15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »