JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 79 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #625
Pro

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Finally had an oppurtunity to post some feedback on the newest A/P set...

I like this set much more than the old A/M set... and I was someone who played about two full seasons with the old one.

Running the ball outside is much more balanced for the user now, prior set was usually between a 3-yard loss to a 3-yard gain on most outside runs... so I got used to sticking to running between the tackles. I'm not afraid to mix in more outside runs now, though you still have to be aware of the alignment of the defense on the edges.. for audibles/flipping

CPU Offense does pretty well overall, which is great for the flow of the game imo. Even though CPU QBs can get hot, I felt like on the old set there were times where they could get hot and then nothing I threw at them could slow them down for an entire possession (or more.) It's not like that with the new set, which is much more realistic...(probably due some to A/M vs A/P?) teams can execute a half dozen or so plays in a row to string together a drive into your territory, but you can still stop some of those drives if you play patient or get a sack

Still really like the variety in throws and catch animations by both CPU/Hum offense... this set still gives me more diving and leaping catches than the other sets I had used prior. Easier now on this set imo to throw more out and corner routes without the CPU CB's jumping the route for the INT as often too. I like the adjustments to the coverage sliders...

more later
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #626
Rookie

OVR: 4

SnakeEyez;

This new set is designed for AM testing, though I'm sure AP works fine if you prefer the feel. Just a heads up.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #627
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyez
Finally had an oppurtunity to post some feedback on the newest A/P set...

I like this set much more than the old A/M set... and I was someone who played about two full seasons with the old one.

Running the ball outside is much more balanced for the user now, prior set was usually between a 3-yard loss to a 3-yard gain on most outside runs... so I got used to sticking to running between the tackles. I'm not afraid to mix in more outside runs now, though you still have to be aware of the alignment of the defense on the edges.. for audibles/flipping

CPU Offense does pretty well overall, which is great for the flow of the game imo. Even though CPU QBs can get hot, I felt like on the old set there were times where they could get hot and then nothing I threw at them could slow them down for an entire possession (or more.) It's not like that with the new set, which is much more realistic...(probably due some to A/M vs A/P?) teams can execute a half dozen or so plays in a row to string together a drive into your territory, but you can still stop some of those drives if you play patient or get a sack

Still really like the variety in throws and catch animations by both CPU/Hum offense... this set still gives me more diving and leaping catches than the other sets I had used prior. Easier now on this set imo to throw more out and corner routes without the CPU CB's jumping the route for the INT as often too. I like the adjustments to the coverage sliders...

more later
You talking about the version 2.0 set? It's actually designed for all madden, but if it is working well on AP (which doesn't totally surprise me), that is terrific! I'll have to try it out as playing with this on AM has been a bit too challenging for me

-----------------------------------------------
On another note:

FistofRage has done a nice job with his slider set. We have very comparable values and there are some things he has done that I have not tried before that I love (there are other settings I don't like as well).

So, I am going to be putting together a hybrid of his set and my current 2.0 set. This will be delivered as an alternate set initially, and if it goes really well, we'll make this the new base set. I will likely release an initial beta version over the weekend.
One final thing: I have officially decreased CPU RBK to 30 on the current set.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #628
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You talking about the version 2.0 set? It's actually designed for all madden, but if it is working well on AP (which doesn't totally surprise me), that is terrific! I'll have to try it out as playing with this on AM has been a bit too challenging for me

On another note:

FistofRage has done a nice job with his slider set. We have very comparable values and there are some things he has done that I have not tried before that I love (there are other settings I don't like as well).

So, I am going to be putting together a hybrid of his set and my current 2.0 set. This will be delivered as an alternate set initially, and if it goes really well, we'll make this the new base set. I will likely release an initial beta version over the weekend.
One final thing: I have officially decreased CPU RBK to 30 on the current set.
Can't wait bro, dying to start a CFM!!😜
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #629
Rookie

Is the "Even Teams" setting off or on in these sliders?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #630
Rookie

Regency1998's Arena

With these sliders, how are the playmatchups? Like are MATT cassels, ponders, geno smith ripping apart defense, and getting 75%+ completion percentages? And if you have a legit secondary, or dline, or defense, will you be able to shut down a offense tht is average to bad? Lastly, how is the running games for both user to cpu? Really all I'm getting at I guesse is do player ratings matter?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #631
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency1998
With these sliders, how are the playmatchups? Like are MATT cassels, ponders, geno smith ripping apart defense, and getting 75%+ completion percentages? And if you have a legit secondary, or dline, or defense, will you be able to shut down a offense tht is average to bad? Lastly, how is the running games for both user to cpu? Really all I'm getting at I guesse is do player ratings matter?
I understand what you mean.....I'm going to be posting a new and improved set by tomorrow (maybe tonight)....and I think we have nailed getting the game to play very nicely to player ratings while still keeping it challenging.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:30 AM   #632
Rookie

Regency1998's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I understand what you mean.....I'm going to be posting a new and improved set by tomorrow (maybe tonight)....and I think we have nailed getting the game to play very nicely to player ratings while still keeping it challenging.
Thanks for the fast reply Josh! I will definatly try your set tomorow, and play a few games with them. Along with giving you, and the thread, stats to show how well they played (sliders) in that game. I definatly am stoked to try this set out, because I love when player ratings matter alot, creates seperation between the lesser players, to the elites, and personally in my opinion, you just dont get tht with the regular EA madden sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »