Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh,

Are you using EA rosters? Also any problems using 15 minute games with clock run down to 15? thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
My full support behind your premise!

In fact, the Wiz's sliders were built from the penalty sliders up. It has taken a while to document exactly what the effect/impact of the PEN SLIDERS are on the game, but once the Wiz unlocked the PEN SLIDERS secrets, building the sliders become a lot more obvious.

However unlocking the pen sliders, HAS NOT been the panacea that I thought they could be for M15 and sacrifices had to be made to get solid gameplay.

Sacrifices include:
1) Limited penalties called in the game
2) The "QB awareness" sack is a programming logic reality. The upside is that the wicked brew that I have concocted, consistently has the "QB awareness" sack issue down to 2-3 sacks a game. In fact, when the Wiz uses Armor's QB Edit's roster, the sack issue, in some games, practically disappears...However, to achieve this, OL/DL animations are goofy to the point of absurd, and CPU QB movement in the pocket looks and feels scripted (ie. CPU QB "hyper-aware" of the impending sack and throws ball to early before pass routes have a chance to develop)
3) CPU QB completion percentages can be tamed (consistently hitting 64% -75%, depending on the CPU QB), buuuuuuuut..... Some of the incomplete pass animations look ******** and not realistic ..... Furthermore, to get these percentages, I often have to take a base defense and go "button ninja" on the controller to set a custom coverage....

And while on the topic of custom coverage's, I am not sure if other OS'ers have noticed that there are very few pass coverage defenses that cover the flats in a base defense! In fact, when I go "button ninja" on my controller, properly assigning flat coverage is one of my biggest priorities.... I have found that when you take away the flats, the CPU QB% falls in line, or below, NFL norms, and to boot, you see a good mix of passes down field (bombs, 20 yard outs, seam routes to exploit Cover 2's, etc.)...

And not to beat the sack issue to death, but I have found that the CPU QB sack issue is not a one-trick pony. The Wiz's data supports that the CPU QB sack issue is more complex and is also a function of LACK OF AWARENESS by the OL and very poor play selection by the AI...

Often I will have the CPU in a 3rd and 5, and the CPU AI will dial up a pass play with mostly fly routes! Well of course, I am blitzing a LB or DB, so the play has a very small chance of success since it takes so long for a fly route to develop.

Or, I will send an extra blitzer, and more often than not, their will be an OL who will be picking his trunk for treasures (or a HB/FB who will double block a rusher that the OL has more than under control, and completely neglect the extra blitzer in plain sight!), as my extra blitzer bee-lines it to the CPU QB...

In fact, I started seeing so much of these two issues, that I started tracking the CAUSE of the CPU QB sack, while using my wicked slider brew, and came up with the following percentages after having played well over 600 snaps in a passing situation against the CPU QB:

1) % of times that CPU QB sack was due to CPU Awareness: 28%
2) % of times that CPU QB sack was due to OL knuckleheads: 21%
3) % of times that CPU QB sack was due to play calling madness: 16%
4) % of times that CPU QB sack was due to more rushers than blockers, and coverage was too tight in the flats for a dump off pass: 18%
5) % of times that CPU QB sack was due to a coverage sack, and play did not have a safety valve, dump-off pass, available to CPU QB: 17%

Not scientific, but certainly supports the theory that CPU Awareness (programming logic issue with M15 right out of the box), OL Knuckleheadedness (programming logic issue with M15 right out of the box), Play calling madness (programming logic issue with M15 right out of the box), represent close to TWO-THIRDS of the CPU QB sacks in my experimentation.

What does this all mean? Obvious programming logic issues, because these type of CPU QB sacks SHOULD NOT happen with this frequency. Again, the Wiz's wicked slider brew has tamed the CPU QB sack issue and CPU QB completion percentage issue, but sacrifices had to be made. And personally, these sacrifices DO NOT sit well with me, since the game can at times feel "squirrelly" and not play like real NFL football. And unless EA drops a patch to SPECIFICALLY fix this programming logic issue, the Wiz will probably pack his bags, and move on....
@MarketingWiz -

Was wondering....Have you considered trying to build out your sliders based on the FBG rated rosters? Take a look at SECElit3's slider set that he has shared with us. I would hate to see a slider guru like yourself pack it up and call it a day.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@MarketingWiz -

Was wondering....Have you considered trying to build out your sliders based on the FBG rated rosters? Take a look at SECElit3's slider set that he has shared with us. I would hate to see a slider guru like yourself pack it up and call it a day.

Waddup peep?

Believe it or not, the Wiz has actually played with every single "legit" slider set on the OS slider forum. And after much testing, I have to say that SECElite3's sliders coupled with his FBG work is a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice solution, but I am a football junkie, so I will typically play 15 CFM seasons (the lifespan of a franchise QB) and it is my understanding that the FBG rated rosters lose their "magic" after a couple of seasons, so unfortunately, that is a NO-GO for me....

At the present the Wiz does have a slider mix that is working well. It works within the parameters of "Donny's/EA's" ridiculous player attributes and has significantly addressed the CPU QB sack glitch and the Robo QB completion percentage glitch.... There are a few more theories that I am testing (more than anything to make sure that the stats and metrics are being achieved with the most "organic/natural feel/look" possible out of the programming logic) and depending on how that pans out, the Wiz will be done with his slider work and begin his TRUE CFM franchise...

The Wiz is probably going to CFM franchise it with either the Faiders, or the Lambs, then relocate the franchise to Los Angeles, and try to bring those great franchises back to their '70's glory days and bring the Lombardi to SoCal for the first time ever!!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any chance you'd be willing to share your slider set?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #61
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spboden
Josh,

Are you using EA rosters? Also any problems using 15 minute games with clock run down to 15? thanks
Using week six EA rosters. Game clock should not matter as long as you get an appropriate number of plays per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #62
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillion245
Any chance you'd be willing to share your slider set?
I believe he has his own thread.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I believe he has his own thread.

Actually, I do not have my own thread, but I felt that the work that JoshC1977 is doing is on point. It may need some polishing (depending on JoshC1977's goals and expectations), but his premise is on point and I had a free moment, so I dropped in to provide JoshC1977 my vote (for whatever that is worth ) of confidence for his work.

Not sure if I will post my own thread since last time I did, the response was overwhelming and keeping up with the replies to my PM and thread was just too craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzy...

I love the work that most OS'ers do, and we must all appreciate the countless hours slider guys and roster makers put into their craft. At present, I do not always have the necessary time to keep up with providing feedback and suggestions (and I have also learned that it is quite easy to "ruffle" other OS'ers feathers with my glib style of writing), so rather than doing a half-_ss (rhymes with gas) job and letting the OS community down, I think that I will drop in, here and there, and lend my observations to those who are curious to my findings and are earnestly trying to solve M15's slider quandary for their enjoyment.... I may change my opinion, but for know consider the Wiz, the "M15 Slider Whisperer" .....

Old 10-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #64
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Actually, I do not have my own thread, but I felt that the work that JoshC1977 is doing is on point. It may need some polishing (depending on JoshC1977's goals and expectations), but his premise is on point and I had a free moment, so I dropped in to provide JoshC1977 my vote (for whatever that is worth ) of confidence for his work.

Not sure if I will post my own thread since last time I did, the response was overwhelming and keeping up with the replies to my PM and thread was just too craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzy...

I love the work that most OS'ers do, and we must all appreciate the countless hours slider guys and roster makers put into their craft. At present, I do not always have the necessary time to keep up with providing feedback and suggestions (and I have also learned that it is quite easy to "ruffle" other OS'ers feathers with my glib style of writing), so rather than doing a half-_ss (rhymes with gas) job and letting the OS community down, I think that I will drop in, here and there, and lend my observations to those who are curious to my findings and are earnestly trying to solve M15's slider quandary for their enjoyment.... I may change my opinion, but for know consider the Wiz, the "M15 Slider Whisperer" .....
Great posts and I totally understand your concern about having your own thread (I coulda SWORN you had your own thread ). Please keep the good feedback coming!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »