JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Gave these a nudge last night and really liked them. It was against the bucs and they were 1-9 so their confidence etc would have been down so looking forward to playing a better team to see how they perform. I had my own set of sliders which were providing a challenge but were not realistic at all. I've bumped CPU fumbles up to make the running game harder and raised their reaction and tackling to give them abit more on the defensive side. Great work brother. Let me know if I'm on the money with changing some of those things
Old 10-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #66
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Gave these a nudge last night and really liked them. It was against the bucs and they were 1-9 so their confidence etc would have been down so looking forward to playing a better team to see how they perform. I had my own set of sliders which were providing a challenge but were not realistic at all. I've bumped CPU fumbles up to make the running game harder and raised their reaction and tackling to give them abit more on the defensive side. Great work brother. Let me know if I'm on the money with changing some of those things
Thanks for the kind words.

As for your tweaks, yeah, those would be the ones I'd change for the effects you wanted; you're on the money there.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #67
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OMG....I have to post this, even at the risk of sounding like I am tooting my own horn......

Playing as the Pats. I run a pass play that has Gronkowski running straight down the seam. He has the safety beat way down the field. I throw the pass with Brady; but it looks like he has overthrown it. The Safety goes up with both hands and I figured it would be batted down. However, the ball is over his arms. Gronkowski is directly behind a couple of yards away (both he and the safety facing directly towards the ball. Gronkowski leaps up (NOT a user catch) and is falling backwards, reaches up his right hand and snares the pass (as he is falling backwards). He brings the ball towards his body as he falls flat on his back on the turf to make the 45 yard reception!! It was the most unbelievable catch I have seen on a video game!! If I had a vid, I could probably make tonight's SC Top 10 of the Day with that one

I am still shaking after that one, just incredible!! Had to share that one.

(Oh, next possession, Gronk has a catch on a five yard hitch get stripped away by the corner for an incomplete pass......)

When this game is on, it is ON!!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #68
MVP

HC0023's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OMG....I have to post this, even at the risk of sounding like I am tooting my own horn......

Playing as the Pats. I run a pass play that has Gronkowski running straight down the seam. He has the safety beat way down the field. I throw the pass with Brady; but it looks like he has overthrown it. The Safety goes up with both hands and I figured it would be batted down. However, the ball is over his arms. Gronkowski is directly behind a couple of yards away (both he and the safety facing directly towards the ball. Gronkowski leaps up (NOT a user catch) and is falling backwards, reaches up his right hand and snares the pass (as he is falling backwards). He brings the ball towards his body as he falls flat on his back on the turf to make the 45 yard reception!! It was the most unbelievable catch I have seen on a video game!! If I had a vid, I could probably make tonight's SC Top 10 of the Day with that one

I am still shaking after that one, just incredible!! Had to share that one.

(Oh, next possession, Gronk has a catch on a five yard hitch get stripped away by the corner for an incomplete pass......)

When this game is on, it is ON!!
GOOD STUFF JOSH
Old 10-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #69
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
GOOD STUFF JOSH
Ha, thanks! When I see stuff like that, I realize just what a leap this series has made from an animation standpoint. The problem is that it can be such a pain to unlock this game's potential.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #70
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Im this close to give up.

Few play now games, worked great. I say ok, lets do a 3 games test in CFM. 1st game. 3 sacks in 15 att.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 10-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #71
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Im this close to give up.

Few play now games, worked great. I say ok, lets do a 3 games test in CFM. 1st game. 3 sacks in 15 att.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Try 10 sacks in 28 attempts!! That is insane number!!

Happened in week 2 when the 'Skins sacked Chad Henne 10 times (real life too).

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1409140was.htm

Not trying to undermine your frustration, but it DOES happen. If it happens every game, that is one thing (granted, it DOES matter HOW it happened - bad AI is annoying as heck). If it is a blip on the radar, that is another.

Just a friendly reality check; it is so easy to become fixated on one thing that one loses their enjoyment.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #72
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Ha, thanks! When I see stuff like that, I realize just what a leap this series has made from an animation standpoint. The problem is that it can be such a pain to unlock this game's potential.
So, I played 5 games in my Vikings Offline CFM today, I tried first on All-Madden but just as I feared the CPU players are a little too juiced for my skills. Anyway, I switched them to All-Pro and made a few tweaks to some of the penalty sliders and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprise. I have been on the side of QBA needing to be high in order to get good QB play and I never thought zero RB and PB would work. Not only does it all work well together I saw some great stuff!

For example, this is the kind of stuff I'm seeing. In a game against the Bucs I saw McCown, step up in the pocket, decided to run and take off, only to pull up just shy of the line of scrimmage and loft a perfect touch pass over my LB and in front of my safety, while the WR made a great leaping grab! I later saw him roll out, and seeing he could get the first down, run past the marker and slide to avoid the hit! Good for him because I was trying to kill him by this point. In a game against the Packers ARod got me deep once but abused me with the run, he took off on numerous occasions and always either got out of bounds or slid. I have not had a problem with sacks either, they have become very difficult to get, I only got ARod once and am averaging about 2-3 a game! I did have 5 in one game.

One thing I noticed, zone D is terrible, could just be me. With the other sliders I was using I played zone way more often than man and it was working pretty well. With these I find myself calling man almost all the time, unless it's like 3rd and long and am just looking to allow the short pass and make the tackle to avoid giving up the first. Whenever I call zone I seem to get picked apart. Do you think it's the PDR or the PDC that is causing this? I read in another thread that the PDR slider affects how the D reacts to run or pass. Meaning that at a lower setting the run reaction would be better and at a higher setting the pass reaction would be better. Or do you think the PDR affects both the same? Do you think it's because the PDC slider is at 40? I was playing with 85 and a low PDR, like 15 I think.

Anyway man these are playing really nice on All-Pro, you've done a great job! I really enjoyed having the day off today and just playing some good Madden all day. Thanks!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales

Last edited by Last Gunfighter; 10-21-2014 at 12:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »