JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 90 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #713
Rookie

dubzy21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

So I went to test another set of sliders but I forgot to load them into my CFM and I actually had a really good game with the V 4.0 set against the patriots. They won 23-17 in OT against us. We were actually moving the ball quite well on offense (Matt Forte had over 3 YPC!!! lol) and Cutler actually had some time in the pocket so the receivers routes could develop. On the other side of the ball, Brady seemed like he was playing a bit conservative, though he did have a long pass or two. He had around a 67% completion percentage and over 200 yards. Gronk only received 3 targets all game (the last one was the game winning TD in gronk style) Their rushing attack was good against use but not insane like some other teams (Ridley had about 5 ypc)... I forgot to mention that cutler was 66% for over 250 yards but he (or I) threw 2 interceptions (and they were realistic!) overall, very pleased with this game and now I don't want to change them lol
Old 12-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #714
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Merry Christmas! Are there any disadvantages to playing offline CFM vs. online? Does it make a difference relative to this slider set?
Old 12-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #715
Pro

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Will test 4.0 over this extended weekend... I think I was a version or two behind when I posted last set of impressions, sorry for confusion.

Thanks for continuing to tweak these though. They do make the game better.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #716
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Merry Christmas! Are there any disadvantages to playing offline CFM vs. online? Does it make a difference relative to this slider set?
I play offline....don't see any potential issue in playing online.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #717
Rookie

I played a bit of a game between Dallas (me) and St Louis, I like the sliders with how they play for me on offense, gives a good challenge and really have to think about where you're passing, only gripe is the CPU RB breaks every tackle no matter what and it is a nightmare to try and stop the run.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #718
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
I played a bit of a game between Dallas (me) and St Louis, I like the sliders with how they play for me on offense, gives a good challenge and really have to think about where you're passing, only gripe is the CPU RB breaks every tackle no matter what and it is a nightmare to try and stop the run.
Thats the only issue im seeing is rush totals other than that these are great. I tried hum run block at 0 and cpu run block at 5 but that gives too many play action pass sacks like Josh said. Im going to try hum run block at 25 and cpu run block at 20 (-10 on both) coupled with hum tackling at 35 and cpu tackling at 30 (+ 5 for both) and see if that tones things down. I like seeing big gains once in awhile but too many and the yardage numbers get ugly and overblown.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #719
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Thats the only issue im seeing is rush totals other than that these are great. I tried hum run block at 0 and cpu run block at 5 but that gives too many play action pass sacks like Josh said. Im going to try hum run block at 25 and cpu run block at 20 (-10 on both) coupled with hum tackling at 35 and cpu tackling at 30 (+ 5 for both) and see if that tones things down. I like seeing big gains once in awhile but too many and the yardage numbers get ugly and overblown.
Please let me know how the 20 RBK for CPU works....
Old 12-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #720
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Please let me know how the 20 RBK for CPU works....
Ok my adjustments didnt pan out like i thought but i really liked what i saw with cpu rbk at 20 so i took it a step further. I was also still seeing too many total hum rush yards so i brought that down too. I also think hum needs to be just below the cpu accounting for the fact we run a bit more dynamically and get too much help up the middle. This could be the reason for the disparity in time of possession.

I wanted to try hum rbk at 0 and cpu rbk at 5 earlier because my theory is the rbk slider acts as a "% of big gain slider". Hear me out.

If a running back averages 20 carries a game and you have the cpu rbk slider set at 10 thats 10%. 10% of 20 carries is 2. The back would get 2 big gains per game where he would break into the secondary. This isnt exact of course but its more of a controlled dynamic the better backs will have more, the worse backs less. This also will help the line get more tackles and the secondary get less tackles. Also screens become more of a dice roll instead of a given. Its a 50/50 shot that your primary will have coverage on him when you prepare a throw.

Now at rbk at 0/5 i was seeing too many PA sacks but not too too many so i really didnt want to let the idea go. So i went with hum rbk at 5 and cpu rbk at 10. Im seeing alot less sacks and rushing totals are toned down. The rbk slider to me is the running back equivalent of qb acc. In order to see the better backs shine through for 100 yard games and not everybody else as well, those sliders have to be low. I moved tackling for both back to where you have it as well. Pretty solid on my end so far so good.

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 12-25-2014 at 05:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »