JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 91 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #721
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Ok my adjustments didnt pan out like i thought but i really liked what i saw with cpu rbk at 20 so i took it a step further. I was also still seeing too many total hum rush yards so i brought that down too. I also think hum needs to be just below the cpu accounting for the fact we run a bit more dynamically and get too much help up the middle. This could be the reason for the disparity in time of possession.

I wanted to try hum rbk at 0 and cpu rbk at 5 earlier because my theory is the rbk slider acts as a "% of big gain slider". Hear me out.

If a running back averages 20 carries a game and you have the cpu rbk slider set at 10 thats 10%. 10% of 20 carries is 2. The back would get 2 big gains per game where he would break into the secondary. This isnt exact of course but its more of a controlled dynamic the better backs will have more, the worse backs less. This also will help the line get more tackles and the secondary get less tackles. Also screens become more of a dice roll instead of a given. Its a 50/50 shot that your primary will have coverage on him when you prepare a throw.

Now at rbk at 0/5 i was seeing too many PA sacks but not too too many so i really didnt want to let the idea go. So i went with hum rbk at 5 and cpu rbk at 10. Im seeing alot less sacks and rushing totals are toned down. The rbk slider to me is the running back equivalent of qb acc. In order to see the better backs shine through for 100 yard games and not everybody else as well, those sliders have to be low. I moved tackling for both back to where you have it as well. Pretty solid on my end so far so good.
Well, I still can't believe that some of you guys find the user run game too easy; my back gets the ball and in no time, two or three LBs (or d-linemen) have shed blocks and are in the backfield. Regardless, I am going to check out your settings to see what I see.

I do agree about the CPU run game though...it needs to be toned-down a bit.

I'll check out your suggestions though....
Old 12-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #722
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, I still can't believe that some of you guys find the user run game too easy; my back gets the ball and in no time, two or three LBs (or d-linemen) have shed blocks and are in the backfield. Regardless, I am going to check out your settings to see what I see.

Definitely still a work in progress but its a start. I totally get everyones play style is different but theres gotta be a happy medium in there somewhere that works for just about anyone. On offense i see way too many yards up the middle with Moreno. And i play lax on defense no switch, no def adjustments, quick playcall.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:54 PM   #723
Rookie

dubzy21's Arena

Quote:

I think just upping the HUM tackle would help since there are also a lot of broken tackles... unless you think something else needs to/should be done
Old 12-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #724
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzy21
I think just upping the HUM tackle would help since there are also a lot of broken tackles... unless you think something else needs to/should be done
I agree....the block sliders are not the answer (lowered CPU run block to 10 as rickyfins suggested and had 3 sacks on the first drive against Flacco). I'm going to try bumping up Human TAK 5 ticks instead.

As far as the human run game.....I just don't know yet....if everyone is seeing what I am seeing, then there should be no question about the CPU defense being over-reactive. But if we are not and all things are equal, then something is amiss...

Rickyfins....please check your PMs....
Old 12-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #725
Rookie

dubzy21's Arena

Quote:
I agree....the block sliders are not the answer (lowered CPU run block to 10 as rickyfins suggested and had 3 sacks on the first drive against Flacco). I'm going to try bumping up Human TAK 5 ticks instead.

As far as the human run game.....I just don't know yet....if everyone is seeing what I am seeing, then there should be no question about the CPU defense being over-reactive. But if we are not and all things are equal, then something is amiss...

Rickyfins....please check your PMs....
that's what I was thinking with the HUM tackle as well.... funny thing, I've seen my running game getting a little better over the past few games (still below average) but again, all of my line and Forte's confidence are all below 50 and I have played teams with good run defenses all year
Old 12-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #726
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Out of curiosity, with these holding settings, has anyone seen any holding calls?
Old 12-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #727
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

This exactly! I'm looking for ways in which I can tone this down and open up the human run game a bit.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #728
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

For those of you struggling with the human run game, set the CPU pass reaction to 52. A setting of 53 opened it up too much and 51 wasn't quite enough...this should help some of the defensive reaction to run plays - but pass defense may be a tad tougher (but not by too much).

To help with the CPU run game, I'd suggest bumping up user TAK by 5 points and see how that does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »