JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 95 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #753
Rookie

dubzy21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Do you have the tuner installed?
what's that
Old 12-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #754
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzy21
what's that
It's an update from EA that is used to modify the game engine (not a patch per se). If you don't know what it is, then you have it installed.

I think the main modification was to influence the d-linemen block shedding ability to tone it down from the original game.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #755
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
Yeah I've noticed that certain 5/6 man blitzes do create better gap closing on defence. Next game I played was the equally 0-2 Bengals and I managed to grind out a 24-12 win (they just couldn't get in the Endzone - and missed a 50+ yard FG that would have put them 12-10 up late in 1st half). I only gave up 48 yards rushing to Bernard and Hill on 16 carries, but as they ended up chasing the game and were constricted by my time management (ended the game with a 16 play 7 minute drive after starting at my own 4 - 86 of my 146 rushing yards came off that drive). Sankey - returning from injury - couldn't run at all, but McCluster could after replacing him.

Was such a strange game as I didn't really dominate, never felt as if I was well clear even at 24-9 in the 4th. Both QBs played reasonable, Dalton was 21/33 for 228 yards, while Mettenburger was 16/25 for 192 yards (only 3 throws attempted in 4th quarter). Did sack Dalton 4 times, but the Bengals were missing 2 of their starting OL which wouldn't have helped.

Really liking these sliders. Not finding them too easy nor too hard (despite the 36-0 shutout in the first game). Good job Josh.
Awesome stuff....sounds like you are getting some good variety. I like that you were able to shut down their run game after getting abused by Murray (frankly, Bernard and Hill are decent backs too). I think we're starting to see ratings shine through a bit better.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with a re-building project with the Jags or to go with another team (I'm used to picking between 120+ teams on NCAA, so 32 teams that all play the same, in general, feels incredibly restrictive). I'm thinking of doing something a bit on the wacky side, like going with a run-and-shoot offense.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #756
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Hey Josh i probably should have asked this from the outset but since youve been using 4.0 have you had games where you held the cpu total yards rushing in check or had yours in check? If so how low? I ask because youve probably played way more games than me and maybe i havent given rbk in the OP a good enough sample size yet.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #757
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Hey Josh i probably should have asked this from the outset but since youve been using 4.0 have you had games where you held the cpu total yards rushing in check or had yours in check? If so how low? I ask because youve probably played way more games than me and maybe i havent given rbk in the OP a good enough sample size yet.
Actually, when building Madden slider sets, I rarely finish games. I need to test in CFM but since EA thinks we shouldn't be able modify sliders in-game during a CFM (to cater to online gamers ), I have to exit and make the slider adjustments and then re-start.

My method for slider adjustments is more about observing animations and behaviors. If a behavior/animation isn't right, I know that a modification is in order.

That said, in the game I HAVE finished, I've been able to hold the CPU to the 70-80 yard range in a couple of games and have had exactly one game over 100 yards rushing (my last one - and that was in preseason).

Frankly, I am in the same spot as you where I just need to run through a bunch of games with this one set. It's just hard for me as I don't enjoy this game nearly as much as I do NCAA 14.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #758
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Actually, when building Madden slider sets, I rarely finish games. I need to test in CFM but since EA thinks we shouldn't be able modify sliders in-game during a CFM (to cater to online gamers ), I have to exit and make the slider adjustments and then re-start.

My method for slider adjustments is more about observing animations and behaviors. If a behavior/animation isn't right, I know that a modification is in order.

That said, in the game I HAVE finished, I've been able to hold the CPU to the 70-80 yard range in a couple of games and have had exactly one game over 100 yards rushing (my last one - and that was in preseason).

Frankly, I am in the same spot as you where I just need to run through a bunch of games with this one set. It's just hard for me as I don't enjoy this game nearly as much as I do NCAA 14.
From my observations playing 8 games into a season is that the rushing on both sides needs some sort of taming and everything else, and i mean EVERYTHING else, plays beautifully. When you have time id definitely give a run through of some regular season games and take a look at the rushing totals for hum and cpu.The problem for me isnt the numbers being high its that they are always high. I want to hold teams to 60 and get held to 60 once in a while it seems like 100 is a given before the 4th quarter. Im at a standstill on what to do too setting rbk too low = more sacks so idk.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #759
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
From my observations playing 8 games into a season is that the rushing on both sides needs some sort of taming and everything else, and i mean EVERYTHING else, plays beautifully. When you have time id definitely give a run through of some regular season games and take a look at the rushing totals for hum and cpu.The problem for me isnt the numbers being high its that they are always high. I want to hold teams to 60 and get held to 60 once in a while it seems like 100 is a given before the 4th quarter. Im at a standstill on what to do too setting rbk too low = more sacks so idk.
As I settle into this a bit more, I am beginning to see some of the signs of the run game issues (moreso for the user game being easy than trouble stopping the CPU). Running on NCAA is a different dynamic than Madden and I have finally started to settle-in with it. You can stop the CPU run if you make the proper pre-snap shifts and mix in a few run commits (that can easily burn you if you guess wrong - which I like). However, as a whole it is still too strong.

I think the issue is that the D-line block shed is too low right now. I'd like you to bump everything back up to the OP set. Then I'd like you to lower Hum RBK to 30 and increase the Offsides slider to 80. This should increase the block shedding a bit and make the interior running a tad more difficult. However, it might have two negative effects: a) more sacks and b) may require an adjustment to the IG slider.

Play a game or two and let me know how it feels. Keep an eye on, a) the run game; b) ease of pass rush; and c) if the CPU is still throwing downfield. I'm going to do the same in a couple of games with different teams.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #760
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
As I settle into this a bit more, I am beginning to see some of the signs of the run game issues (moreso for the user game being easy than trouble stopping the CPU). Running on NCAA is a different dynamic than Madden and I have finally started to settle-in with it. You can stop the CPU run if you make the proper pre-snap shifts and mix in a few run commits (that can easily burn you if you guess wrong - which I like). However, as a whole it is still too strong.

I think the issue is that the D-line block shed is too low right now. I'd like you to bump everything back up to the OP set. Then I'd like you to lower Hum RBK to 30 and increase the Offsides slider to 80. This should increase the block shedding a bit and make the interior running a tad more difficult. However, it might have two negative effects: a) more sacks and b) may require an adjustment to the IG slider.

Play a game or two and let me know how it feels. Keep an eye on, a) the run game; b) ease of pass rush; and c) if the CPU is still throwing downfield. I'm going to do the same in a couple of games with different teams.
I did try out these changes as the Bengals versus the Ravens (a 33-10 loss). A couple of notes:
  • Jeremy Hill finished with 102 yards on 25 carries while Forsett finished with 23 carries for 106 yards. Taliaferro threw in 51 yards on 7 carries (that dude is a load). Yards after contact were key for both backs getting over 100 yards.
  • That said, D-linemen got penetration though looking at the tackle numbers, meaning the offsides adjustment DID help.
  • Flacco was sacked 5 times and bypassed several wide open deep receivers. Long and short....IG is definitely impacted by the change. That can be modified though once we have updated the run game.
I'm going to keep these changes for testing purposes (not for the OP set yet). However, I am also going to lower the facemask slider in an attempt to get more wrap-up tackles. This also means that I am going to need to modify the IG slider (I had to anyways due to the change to the offsides slider).

For those of you who would like to test with me, the test changes are:
  • Human RBK to 30
  • Offsides to 80
  • Facemask to 40
  • Intentional Grounding: To Be Determined
I'll play more tomorrow and hopefully will nail this down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »