Home

Penalties need to be set before gameplay sliders

This is a discussion on Penalties need to be set before gameplay sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalties need to be set before gameplay sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
In my gameplay experiences, the sliders I am working with do provide plays where you do see kick out blocks on runs to the outside and the occasional RB picking up a blitzer in a blitz package.

But in general, your observation is accurate, M15 HAS NOT delivered the level of adaptive AI that certainly the OS community was anticipating.

You may want to reconsider your approach to setting up your sliders though, since I believe that the proverbial "Band-Aid" that is being sought to address the sack glitch and robo-QB certainly can be addressed by taming the "arcade/cartoonish tendencies" of the underlying AI and watering down the "over-hyped" attributes that Donny's ratings deliver, through the penalty sliders

The Wiz has a working slider brew and is presently playing dozens of games with it. Typically have a couple of bud's come over to my man cave during the evenings and play Madden (have two PS4's to work with) against the CPU until our significant others threaten "dire consequences" if they don't come home.... To date, the stats and metrics are not bad. Good mix of low scoring contests, a few blowouts, the turnovers seem about right based on our skill level and poor decisions throwing the rock, and the sacks and robo-QB glitches are not a "front and center" when playing against the CPU.

Plan to continue testing several more theories that the Wiz has to explore for at least a complete season, or so. One theory that the Wiz did explore and did not work out well, was initially working on getting the OL/DL interaction right. Since a lot of Madden is an animation sequence, I would get the a decent OL/DL interaction but the common identified glitches would still happen, so I did not pursue that line of thought very long. It wasn't until I decided to build the entire brew from the penalties on up, that I started to have breakthroughs on taming the beast.

Just my .02 ....
Testing OL/DL testing is easy....You test plays where Guards pull; test the reaction and blocking of corner and safety blitzes...

Nothing will be perfect in this mess of a game, but getting OL to at least pull on time and make their block, how long they hold it is secondary...I just want the defender to be in position; nothing more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Testing OL/DL testing is easy....You test plays where Guards pull; test the reaction and blocking of corner and safety blitzes...

Nothing will be perfect in this mess of a game, but getting OL to at least pull on time and make their block, how long they hold it is secondary...I just want the defender to be in position; nothing more.

Feelin' ya.... To date this is still one of the most baffling things that I have not mastered how to address through a slider mix.... Ultimately the issue is faulty AI logic that stems from bad programming....

Futzing with PBLK or RBLK makes the game feel better with regards to this issue, but PBLK and RBLK create other problems if futzed with too much or at extremes....
Old 10-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I am going with straight default for HUM/CPU sliders....I am adjusting special teams sliders some...

What I will adjust are penalty sliders, injury, fatigue and "maybe" speed threshold, but I believe 50 is solid, so threshold would be a very last resort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »