the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon6 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duparc
Tis sliders working on CFM offline? Bucs are bad team in madden 15 but i win every game!

Braaah:

Most sliders are designed for CFM offline... Hope this helps you out.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
Braaah:

Most sliders are designed for CFM offline... Hope this helps you out.
Gameplay seems different in all levels of play now. online cfm, offline cfm, and play now.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #75
Banned

Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Thanks for the input...I look forward to finding out what you conclude in the long run re: RTP...

I would tend to agree that the lower settings will make the DL rush with more "abandon", as they don't concern themselves with the possibility of incurring a flag...

Because of this year's "sack issue", my thought was that raising RTP above default MAY slow them down a bit, affording the time needed for PRIMARY receivers to get open...

One of the reasons that the completion percentages are so high, is because the "red route" (if you were to pull up their play art) is bailed off of too quickly...

Some of that has to do with QB awareness, but it's also because CTH settings below default historically steer the ball away from the primary receiver and to the secondary and check down options...it really should be called the "Pass Receiver Ability" slider, as it impacts route running...

Bailing off the primary not only, raises the completion percentage, but also impacts YPA and total yardage negatively...it also can cause the 3rd Down Conversion rate to drop, because the "red route" is the one that always has the distance required to convert tied to it...

So:

I'd say using IG to make the QB "smarter" in conjunction with keeping CTH @ default, while quelling the rush with a slightly higher RTP and a slightly lower Offsides MAY give the CPU the time to find and stick with the primary receiver...

That leads to a tighter stat line / look / feel because the primary option is often a lower percentage pass for more yardage...

As far as penalties that affect passing go, I'm thinking of something like:

Offsides: 40 (less "jump the snap")
False Start: 60 (get set to pass block sooner, may help with screens)
Holding: 60-75 (duration of block increases)
IG: 80
RTP: 60-80 (less "abandon")

I'm also a big proponent of OPI / DPI @ 100, because the "Five Yard Fight" at the snap has a nice "risk / reward" in Press or Cover 2 / Man 2...it usually ends up with one wideout with low STR / AGI / Release getting taken out of the play...much like...football?

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude now that is SOME OUTSTANDING game theory right there!

It's funny because one of the drills that my posse and I do when building the sliders is to choose a certain group of pass plays, time them in HUM vs. HUM mode, to establish some baselines, and then work on OL/DL line interaction/block stickiness to try to achieve what you described, allowing the "RED ROUTE" to develop. As you know, these sliders are simply beta's because "red route" pass play development, as well as "sweep/toss" run blocking development are among the issues still being worked on in lab. Again, the challenge is the tediousness of always having to start all sliders at default when checking out every angle and theory, eventually it just becomes exhausting.

The problem with raising the RTP pen slider too much is that once you go past 55 units, at these slider settings, very, very SILLY roughing the passer penalties start playing out....

Example, the DE literally will graze your QB's shoelace and the yellow napkin drops... No bull, straight dope.

I hope you continue to drop-in and participate, or if time permits, PM me... Maybe we can develop and test the AM sliders that I am working on together... Your call.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #76
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Wiz I know this is way more complex then sliders..but did some looking into the playbooks..most pass plays aren't even used..even more disheartening is most playbooks on 3rd and long, have only "go routes" as chosen plays..do you or anyone else following know if non-checked off plays are still called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Wiz I know this is way more complex then sliders..but did some looking into the playbooks..most pass plays aren't even used..even more disheartening is most playbooks on 3rd and long, have only "go routes" as chosen plays..do you or anyone else following know if non-checked off plays are still called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StefJoeHalt:

Very astute observation. This is may be why the publisher did not address the sack glitch in the most recent patch. In fact, when talking to my bud who happens to work at the publisher, internally their isn't much noise per se regarding the CPU QB glitch sacks.

This is why I took the time to discuss how a CPU QB glitch sack should be defined. In the real NFL, if any QB holds the ball in the pocket for 3+ seconds, he is going to be smashed for a sack more often than not. In the real NFL, if the defense smothers the pass routes, a coverage sack is just around the corner. IN the real NFL, when the O-line or RB/TE miss their blocking assignment, or if the QB does not audible for extra protection from the RB/TE when he sees a blitz coming on, then the pass play more often than not will end up in a sack. In the real NFL, having pocket awareness is a talent and not a generic tool to all QB's. Soooo, if the sacks that the CPU QB is taking fall into this realm, then my assumption is that we have to accept them as Madden taking steps to be more realistic to the actual game on the tube.

Possibly the publisher sees the QB glitch sack issue in this fashion, and in fact, the "sack glitch" is more a function of bad game design rather than corrupt programming code that needs a patch:

Certainly their is two glaring game design flaws that constantly rear their head:

1) Horrible playbook calls on 3rd and long, 3rd and medium, etc.
2) Donny "Fricking" Moore and his albatross when it comes to ratings assignments are not properly proportioned across the offensive and defensive players (which is why in my book, SECElit3's project is the gold standard)

Bottom line is that QB Edit tweaks along with re-rating the entire roster DOES go a long way to deal with the CPU glitch sack problem, and this may be why the publisher feels that the problem is not a "patch issue", because if the issue can be truly tamed by using some slider-witches brew along with a modified roster, then what is their to patch?

Wait.....What is there to patch?!?!?! How about DIS-patching Donny Moore! Let's start there....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images1MLMC367.jpg (10.2 KB, 98 views)
Old 10-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 32

Haha... That picture is so right on. Elusiveness a 99... That dude has no clue, won't even defend or explain his absurd ratings, or why he rapes this game with them year in and year out. How come he can't even get the right players on the roster halfway through the season...

It's pretty simple... Do the damn job you were hired to do and do it like you give a damn. How does this guy not know he is quickly becoming a joke? How long is it going to take EA to see that this guy is costing them business?

The ratings are so out of balance this year in favor of the defense...

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-24-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #79
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Jets 22 Patriots 20 Last second TD thriller , Jets Geno 36-46-406-78%-1TD-AYPA-8.8-Long Pass-34, Brady 19-26-164-73%-1TD-1INT-AYPA-6.3-Long Pass 27 Rushing Jets Ivory 28-54-AVG-1.9-Powell 2-1-1TD, Pats Ridley 12-119-AVG-9.9-2TD, Total Sacks 10 7 Pats 3 Jets , Total Fumbles 2, Total INT-1, Total Plays 124,
Old 10-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Haha... That picture is so right on. Elusiveness a 99... That dude has no clue, won't even defend or explain his absurd ratings, or why he rapes this game with them year in and year out. How come he can't even get the right players on the roster halfway through the season...

It's pretty simple... Do the damn job you were hired to do and do it like you give a damn. How does this guy not know he is quickly becoming a joke? How long is it going to take EA to see that this guy is costing them business?

The ratings are so out of balance this year in favor of the defense...

tRUe dAt!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mini Me.jpg (7.6 KB, 94 views)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »