the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #81
Banned

vikings22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Haha... That picture is so right on. Elusiveness a 99... That dude has no clue, won't even defend or explain his absurd ratings, or why he rapes this game with them year in and year out. How come he can't even get the right players on the roster halfway through the season...

It's pretty simple... Do the damn job you were hired to do and do it like you give a damn. How does this guy not know he is quickly becoming a joke? How long is it going to take EA to see that this guy is costing them business?

The ratings are so out of balance this year in favor of the defense...
Be careful, apparently having a negative opinion of an admin or other such entity can get you banned. That is what 4thQtrStre5s informed me on Facebook.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #82
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
The problem with raising the RTP pen slider too much is that once you go past 55 units, at these slider settings, very, very SILLY roughing the passer penalties start playing out....

Example, the DE literally will graze your QB's shoelace and the yellow napkin drops... No bull, straight dope.
Actually, the penalty sliders that "work" (elicit flags) have a narrow range sweet spot...

That range changes slightly every year...

RTP is usually called around 54 and gets nuts around 56...

Interestingly, when you go well above that range, they stop getting called...just the animations and influence to gameplay remain...

For instance:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2-sliders.html

kchuskey has his RTP @ 85...a buddy of mine tested them pretty extensively and not only saw VERY few / next to none RTP calls, but also noticed a distinct positive impact on sack numbers...

It was the one glaring difference between this set and the others, which all were at or near default OR dropped to the 20 range, in the hope that THAT would help quell the intensity of the rush...

Why?

It's either because the higher setting makes the rush more tentative OR because the CPU QB "perceives" that the opposite is actually true and the line is coming with such abandon (trying to trigger the call) that he gets the ball out faster...or some of both?

At any rate, this one is a tough one to quantify and a potential "game changer"...

Since you're a lab guy, I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw this theory your way...

Enjoy!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings22
Be careful, apparently having a negative opinion of an admin or other such entity can get you banned. That is what 4thQtrStre5s informed me on Facebook.
You realize I've been here since 09, and I have contributed greatly to OS during my time here. I do have a negative view of a so called "entity" because I see that the job is not being done. Even worse, I see that there is little to no desire to change. More so this year than any other year, I see that these ratings are causing major issues with the game play, that in some cases make the game unplayable. Donny Moore is doing a terrible job with balancing these ratings. He is not correcting his behavior. There is no excuse for UDFAs not to be on their respective team roster, or players no longer on the team, to still be on the roster.

Unfortunately, I don't have a direct line to EA so I have to employ other methods to try to facilitate a change. Yes, most of what I say is pure anger. EA Sports has the exclusive license for football. Football happens to be my favorite sport. I've been playing football games since the Atari 2600 days. Back then I had a choice. In 2005, EA greedily stole the license, and in doing so, now is the only company that can provide a licensed football game. They are using the control they have to cut corners. I fear that we will never again see a great football game thanks to EA. It sickens me... sorry for the rant

Sorry for tainting your thread Wiz

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-25-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #84
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
You realize I've been here since 09, and I have contributed greatly to OS during my time here. I do have a negative view of a so called "entity" because I see that the job is not being done. Even worse, I see that there is little to no desire to change. More so this year than any other year, I see that these ratings are causing major issues with the game play, that in some cases make the game unplayable. Donny Moore is doing a terrible job with balancing these ratings. He is not correcting his behavior. There is no excuse for UDFAs not to be on their respective team roster, or players no longer on the team, to still be on the roster.

Unfortunately, I don't have a direct line to EA so I have to employ other methods to try to facilitate a change. Yes, most of what I say is pure anger. EA Sports has the exclusive license for football. Football happens to be my favorite sport. I've been playing football games since the Atari 2600 days. Back then I had a choice. In 2005, EA greedily stole the license, and in doing so, now is the only company that can provide a licensed football game. They are using the control they have to cut corners. I fear that we will never again see a great football game thanks to EA. It sickens me... sorry for the rant
I know i play a much different way then most of you guys do . Coach Mode players we have are small group that enjoy the game this way. And Secelit3, I must say its because of guys that really want to try to give not only yourselves but the community here at OS the most realistic nfl gaming experience that you all can possibly bring to us all on your slider efforts. I SALUTE ALL OF YOU , And i do enjoy and compliment all of you guys said this last year , Said this in a thread 6 months ago . And will continue to say it YOU Slider and Roster Guys do your thing year in and out
Old 10-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
I know i play a much different way then most of you guys do . Coach Mode players we have are small group that enjoy the game this way. And Secelit3, I must say its because of guys that really want to try to give not only yourselves but the community here at OS the most realistic nfl gaming experience that you all can possibly bring to us all on your slider efforts. I SALUTE ALL OF YOU , And i do enjoy and compliment all of you guys said this last year , Said this in a thread 6 months ago . And will continue to say it YOU Slider and Roster Guys do your thing year in and out
We really appreciate your endless hours of slider testing, and helpful feedback. You guys are the true. "Powerhouses of the OS community.

I truly believe we will be victorious one day, and facilitate the change that will give us an incredible football experience.

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-25-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #86
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok Whizzer, so I've been playing with Josh's sliders and really enjoying them but I wanted to give yours at shot. Here's a game from my Vikings CFM using the these sliders. Overall game felt really good. I was down most of the way and had to made a furious rally in the 4th but in the end was done in by the 4 INTs I threw with Bridgewater, 1 was a Hail Mary with :01 on the clock.

One thing that stood out to me was the USER WR seem to make no real effort or play on the ball. If you don't hit them right in the hands they don't even make an attempt, while the CPU D is breaking on everything. When I throw a fade to the corner of the endzone my WR shouldn't just stop and let the DB run by him and either knock it down or intercept it. Same thing on an out or crossing pattern, I saw a lot of WRs looking like they just gave up on a play and make no play for the ball at all. There's no WR/DB battle.

I also saw some instances of LBs just standing in place waiting for the runner to come to them. Once when Cam broke the pocket and took off, my LB, who was in zone coverage just stayed where he was, about 12 yds down field, and didn't move until Cam got to him.

Just some observations from one game. The game was challenging and fun, just would have like to have seen better interaction between the WR/DB. I'll play a few more and see how it goes.

Carolina Panthers at Minnesota Vikings
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Carolina Panthers ()0147728
Minnesota Vikings ()3331423
Team Stats Comparison

CARMIN
Total Offense314307
Rushing Yards16054
Passing Yards154253
First Downs1719
Punt Return Yards143
Kick Return Yards3742
Total Yards365352
Turnovers24
3rd Down Converstion4-1111-19
4th Down Conversion0-11-1
2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-22-2
Penalties1-50
Posession Time30:2129:39
Carolina Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Newton20/2818220
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Stewart21844.0
Newton7598.4
Williams5183.61
Benjamin1-1-1.0
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Olsen66010.01
Stewart6325.3
Cotchery5346.8
Dickson13333.01
Avant11313
Benjamin11010.0
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Kuechly101

Cason5
Johnson51

DeCloud5

White4

Short41

Lester4

Davis3
Harper2

Paysinger2

Regis2

Blackburn1

Chandler1

Lotulelei11

Benwikere1
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Gano
4/44
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Nortman632053.31
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Bridgewater30/5928314
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Asiata9262.81
McKinnon8283.5
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Rudolph88610.7
Patterson7537.5
Wright6549.01
Thielen66210.3
Ellison2126
Smith11616
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Hodges9000
Brinkley8100
Rhodes6000
Smith5000
Robins5000
Blanton5100
Robinson4000
Barr4100
Munnerlyn4000
Watts2000
Miller1000
Johnson1000
Griffen1100
Joseph1100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Walsh3/42/21155
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Locke3150501

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-25-2014, 01:10 AM   #87
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Ok Whizzer, so I've been playing with Josh's sliders and really enjoying them but I wanted to give yours at shot. Here's a game from my Vikings CFM using the these sliders. Overall game felt really good. I was down most of the way and had to made a furious rally in the 4th but in the end was done in by the 4 INTs I threw with Bridgewater, 1 was a Hail Mary with :01 on the clock.

One thing that stood out to me was the USER WR seem to make no real effort or play on the ball. If you don't hit them right in the hands they don't even make an attempt, while the CPU D is breaking on everything. When I throw a fade to the corner of the endzone my WR shouldn't just stop and let the DB run by him and either knock it down or intercept it. Same thing on an out or crossing pattern, I saw a lot of WRs looking like they just gave up on a play and make no play for the ball at all. There's no WR/DB battle.

I also saw some instances of LBs just standing in place waiting for the runner to come to them. Once when Cam broke the pocket and took off, my LB, who was in zone coverage just stayed where he was, about 12 yds down field, and didn't move until Cam got to him.

Just some observations from one game. The game was challenging and fun, just would have like to have seen better interaction between the WR/DB. I'll play a few more and see how it goes.

Carolina Panthers at Minnesota Vikings
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Carolina Panthers ()0147728
Minnesota Vikings ()3331423
Team Stats Comparison

CARMIN
Total Offense314307
Rushing Yards16054
Passing Yards154253
First Downs1719
Punt Return Yards143
Kick Return Yards3742
Total Yards365352
Turnovers24
3rd Down Converstion4-1111-19
4th Down Conversion0-11-1
2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-22-2
Penalties1-50
Posession Time30:2129:39
Carolina Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Newton20/2818220
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Stewart21844.0
Newton7598.4
Williams5183.61
Benjamin1-1-1.0
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Olsen66010.01
Stewart6325.3
Cotchery5346.8
Dickson13333.01
Avant11313
Benjamin11010.0
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Kuechly101

Cason5
Johnson51

DeCloud5

White4

Short41

Lester4

Davis3
Harper2

Paysinger2

Regis2

Blackburn1

Chandler1

Lotulelei11

Benwikere1
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Gano
4/44
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Nortman632053.31
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Bridgewater30/5928314
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Asiata9262.81
McKinnon8283.5
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Rudolph88610.7
Patterson7537.5
Wright6549.01
Thielen66210.3
Ellison2126
Smith11616
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Hodges9000
Brinkley8100
Rhodes6000
Smith5000
Robins5000
Blanton5100
Robinson4000
Barr4100
Munnerlyn4000
Watts2000
Miller1000
Johnson1000
Griffen1100
Joseph1100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Walsh3/42/21155
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Locke3150501
Forgot to mention, 2 fumbles, one by Stewart and one by Cam on a scramble.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ho guys, I Played many many times Cargers at Arizona: IG at 80; I've never seen Palmer scramble or throw the ball away. I decided to try IG 20. He started to move in the pocked at he made some throw half second before I hot him with the DE.
The reasons behind this I think is because with a low IG the coverage is a bit less tight. Normally we set high penalties to see the penalties to be called more more often. Now, to make the CPU QB to throw the ball away you would set a high IG hoping the QB throws away or the penalty gets called, but in reality a high IG results in a more tight coverage and if the QB doesn't have the trait to throw the ball away he will take the sack. On the contrary a low IG makes him to throw more often the ball at the last second cause the coverage is less tight.
Now, I don't know if what I saw is only because of the IG slider or because of a combination of IG and where I have the other sliders set.
What do you think. Anybody saw anything like this?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »