the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 16 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon12 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Looks like your still not ready to unveil the all madden sliders. Boo. But I was wondering if you could give a sleek peek to your pass reaction and coverage settings. I feel that no matter what defense I play the results are about the same from game to game. I'm looking for it to play more realistic in that if I play a terrible pass d. I light it up and vice versa. I am also having the issue with rushing for 5ypc. Every game. I've tried multiple combos of sliders so km not sure what I'm doing wrong.

tyler28:

Boy those are loaded questions and valid concerns. There are no simple answers since there are so many variables involved, including:

1) What level do you play on?
2) What is your SPEEDTHRESH?
3) What is your skill level with the sticks?
4) What is your knowledge of football concepts (ex. How do you attack a Cover 2? Cover 3? Cover 4? How do you properly set up bubble passes? Screens? Draws? etc..)?
5) Do you control the RB or does the CPU?
6) What is your fatigue set at?
7) Do you incorporate PEN sliders? If so, have you properly modded them to enhance certain game play attributes and mute others?
8) What is your QB ACC set to in relation to PBLK/WRCTCH/DPI/OPI/RTP/PCI?
9) How many hours have you invested into playing M15 competitively?
10) Do you use the truck stick when running?

Among others....

I think what I am trying to get across is that PASS REAC and PASS COV settings are irrelevant onto themselves and achieving 5 ypc is not predicated on a slider mod setting, per se.

The way most slider witches tune there mods is to make them at least 10% more difficult to pass/run the ball because repetitive playing improves your stick skills and eventually any slider set can become obsolete as a challenge. The challenge is where to set the baseline at. It is inevitable that there is always going to be yahoo's who state that the slider mods are too easy or too hard, or that they suck or whatever. This is why I have ALWAYS been fascinated by Jarrod21's approach to his slider witch-craft whereby he gives you "slider mod levels" to grow into rather than delivering a "HOLY GRAIL" that eventually you can grow out of.

Personally, I strive to design my slider mods to try to make the game as organic as possible, meaning try to tame known glitches and "massage" the game play so that it "acts" closer to what we see on our flattie's on Monday's Thursday's and Sunday's. Furthermore, I like to "crank up" the CPU's run game to FORCE you to respect the run and FORCE you to use football concepts to properly game plan against the CPU's carving knife.

I have found that to achieve solid game play, there MUST BE a willingness to learn what makes the game play tick. The better slider witches do contribute ideas to improve the game play, but ultimately the end-user NEEDS to KNOW what areas of the game they would like finessed due to their skill set and get under the hood and "turn-some-bolts" and accept that certain game play attributes are not within the limitations of the AI and Donnie Moore's player attribute curse.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg get under the hood.jpg (3.9 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-13-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:47 PM   #122
Banned

Icon6 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@SliderWhiz-zel -

Playa...playa...play...got a question for you...

So one of your 'house rules' in this upcoming All-Madden set is to player lock w/ the QB since you don't control the RB or WRs (I think you mentioned WRs previously)...I'm just a bit concerned b/c of the All-Madden skill level that if the CPU takes control that our disadvantage will be greater...but who knows...I ain't the Whiz-zel..

Send me a shout out homie...

tRUe DaT, you ain't da sizzle whizzle twizzle....

_itch (rhymes with "stitch") you be trippin'...

Shout out to my brudda from annudda mudda ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg stop trippin' tony montana.jpg (10.0 KB, 119 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #123
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
tRUe DaT, you ain't da sizzle whizzle twizzle....

_itch (rhymes with "stitch") you be trippin'...

Shout out to my brudda from annudda mudda ...

Did you just call me a _itch (rhymes with "stitch")...I oughta go over there and beat yo _ss (rhyme's with "class")...but need to take a shot of that brew so I'ma let it pass... Hold up...Hold up...smileys ain't gangsta ...

word .... tick tock ... tick tock .... slider brew is on the clock ... you better share soon and not be a _ock block ... LOL!

*drops the mic* ... pours out a 40 for my brudda from anudda mudda ...
Old 11-14-2014, 12:42 AM   #124
Banned

Icon6 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Did you just call me a _itch (rhymes with "stitch")...I oughta go over there and beat yo _ss (rhyme's with "class")...but need to take a shot of that brew so I'ma let it pass... Hold up...Hold up...smileys ain't gangsta ...

word .... tick tock ... tick tock .... slider brew is on the clock ... you better share soon and not be a _ock block ... LOL!

*drops the mic* ... pours out a 40 for my brudda from anudda mudda ...

truth.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jesus Old English 800.jpg (9.6 KB, 120 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #125
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Looks like your still not ready to unveil the all madden sliders. Boo. But I was wondering if you could give a sleek peek to your pass reaction and coverage settings. I feel that no matter what defense I play the results are about the same from game to game. I'm looking for it to play more realistic in that if I play a terrible pass d. I light it up and vice versa. I am also having the issue with rushing for 5ypc. Every game. I've tried multiple combos of sliders so km not sure what I'm doing wrong.
You want to know how not to be able to run, set Offside to 99 and False Start/Holding anywhere below 80 and you'll have a hard time running the football. Make sure to lower your roughing the passer or you'll get a ton of sacks.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:43 AM   #126
Banned

Icon12 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
You want to know how not to be able to run, set Offside to 99 and False Start/Holding anywhere below 80 and you'll have a hard time running the football. Make sure to lower your roughing the passer or you'll get a ton of sacks.

wait, say waaaaaaaaa?

at any moment Allen Funt and his Candid Camera crew is coming through my screen, right?

uuuuuu, yea, what he said ------>

Attached Images
File Type: jpg say whaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (7.5 KB, 115 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #127
Pro

tyler28's Arena

1st thanks so much fot the reply. Let me run through my stuff.

Acc 15/12
catch 44/44
run block 0/55
fum 44/44
reac 20/20
int 35/33
cov 80/65
tak. 5/0 (25) (i have raised this for cpu but it doesn't affect the holes that are opening up and i dont break a crazy amount of tackles. I do like the animations on a lower setting cant remember if its on 0 or 25

going off memory so i might have missed some

here are my pen

60, 60, 60, 1st three
opi o
dpi35
ingrounding 80
fmask 53
clipping 65
rp 50 rk 75

Threshold 0, inj 57, fat. 70

So ive done a lot of research on these and thats what ive came up with. I does play nice but the passing is what bothers me in that every game feels the same for user, same stats. I have played multiple hrs on this and all previous maddens. I would say i have above avg. skills. I win on all madden all the time, even on different sliders. Im just looking for a realistic game and thats what your thread is about.

I control the running back and i use the hit stick on occasion. any feed back would be great. I think ive found these sliders are working the best for me just confused with pr and pc cause ive see 100/100 and 2/85 and 60/55 its all over the place and my running is a little too good.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #128
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
1st thanks so much fot the reply. Let me run through my stuff.

Acc 15/12
catch 44/44
run block 0/55
fum 44/44
reac 20/20
int 35/33
cov 80/65
tak. 5/0 (25) (i have raised this for cpu but it doesn't affect the holes that are opening up and i dont break a crazy amount of tackles. I do like the animations on a lower setting cant remember if its on 0 or 25

going off memory so i might have missed some

here are my pen

60, 60, 60, 1st three
opi o
dpi35
ingrounding 80
fmask 53
clipping 65
rp 50 rk 75

Threshold 0, inj 57, fat. 70

So ive done a lot of research on these and thats what ive came up with. I does play nice but the passing is what bothers me in that every game feels the same for user, same stats. I have played multiple hrs on this and all previous maddens. I would say i have above avg. skills. I win on all madden all the time, even on different sliders. Im just looking for a realistic game and thats what your thread is about.

I control the running back and i use the hit stick on occasion. any feed back would be great. I think ive found these sliders are working the best for me just confused with pr and pc cause ive see 100/100 and 2/85 and 60/55 its all over the place and my running is a little too good.
I know this isn't my thread but try DPI: 90 OPI: 10 for unpredictable passing stats.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »