the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #129
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

ok ill give that a test, I saw in the sliders for everyone thread that you guys are trying that out. It sould like thats the way they should be set to offset each other. Thanks. I might go with his pr and coverage he has on that set as well. I think it was 30/40 for both. Idk.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #130
Banned

Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
I know this isn't my thread but try DPI: 90 OPI: 10 for unpredictable passing stats.

seriously?

Are you sure it is not 89:11 or 91:9? How do these settings relate to WRCTCH, QB ACC, PBLK, PASSREAC, PASSCOV, PCI? More importantly, where does the importance of a PASS RUSH come into play in your calculation for "unpredictable passing stats"?

madness.

for every action there is a corresponding reaction.

inter-dependency among slider mods.

ying-yang.

balance.

until the OS community can understand these simple concepts, finding the optimum game play for M15 will continue to be as elusive as finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.

it would seem that there is more interest in BEING right rather than GETTING IT right. good luck with that, I now remember why I was having reservations about ever revisiting a slider thread; will now have to reconsider whether there is enthusiasm to move forward.

out.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg needle in the haystack.jpg (10.3 KB, 77 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 11:20 PM   #131
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
seriously?

Are you sure it is not 89:11 or 91:9? How do these settings relate to WRCTCH, QB ACC, PBLK, PASSREAC, PASSCOV, PCI? More importantly, where does the importance of a PASS RUSH come into play in your calculation for "unpredictable passing stats"?

madness.

ying-yang.

balance.

until the OS community can understand these simple concepts, finding the optimum game play for M15 will continue to be as elusive as finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.

it would seem that there is more interest in BEING right rather than GETTING IT right. good luck with that, I now remember why I was having reservations about ever revisiting a slider thread; will now have to reconsider whether there is enthusiasm to move forward.

out.

That's why I don't be trying to deal with the headache of getting into the penalty sliders and all that other mess. It just gets TOO complicated and I start getting frustrated. For me personally the only real issues I have with the sliders is the CPUs high completion percentage, and the USER being able to run up the middle too easy. If EA can tighten up the USER pass defense and CPUs blockshedding against the run up the middle(they bust through easy against the pass) the gameplay will be almost perfect for me. I just about got everything else playing the way I want it too..

But I'm still interested to see what you come up with. I like how you be digging deep into the gameplay. It's real helpful for me sometimes when I'm trying to adjust certain areas with my sliders.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #132
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
seriously?

madness.

ying-yang.

balance.

out.

Do not let me deter you from finding out more about m15 sliders and making contributions to OS. The more information the better, regardless of whether it's right or not, it at least creates a better understanding of the madness that is Madden Sliders. EA got it right by pulling sports gamers in, especially those that are obsessed with making the game as close to NFL resemblance as possible. If I were them I would create sliders too for others to edit if I knew most players were going to take more than the time for the return policy for the game to edit them, "probably a broken sentence"

I'm not saying I'm right, my mission is getting it right. If more ideas are thrown out there and more concepts to test, we will get closer to figuring out this mess. If people just give up and don't contribute, we will get nowhere, that's the last thing I want to see.

I, you and others are putting a lot of work and effort into giving the community a better game because we care about making things right. I personally have spent countless hours in just the past few months testing, testing and doing more testing of different slider combinations, difficulties, trying to bring out the best animations while keeping stats as realistic as possible. That time I have spent as well as the time you've spent among others should not go to waste. Yes, it is not our job to make EAs game better but hey, we can and when we do that'll be a huge milestone because it feels awesome to see that your time and effort amounted to something. It would be a pity to "work" anywhere from 40-300 hours or more then let it all go. Then again I'm the optimistic type, you can turn anything into a positive.

As far as your concepts, who says slider makers don't understand them?

To answer your question(s). Pass Rush is important because of the amount of time the QB can hold on to the ball before throwing it. This will in turn affect YPA, targets and comp%, that is why I suggested to change it along with the DPI/OPI.

90/10 is not the magical number but what I do know, at least for All-Pro, these sliders offset each other. A higher DPI = more aggressive secondary, a higher OPI = a less aggressive WR.

I have not seen the code in Madden so I cannot answer how DPI/OPI relates to WRC, QBA, PBL, etc, all I can do is say that I have tested and repeated (as scientific studies would dictate) to ensure my results and this is the conclusion I came up with. Is it definitive? No. It does however hold water because it can be verified.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #133
Pro

tyler28's Arena

Just giving some updates. I changed my opinion to 10 and do I to 90 and it seems to be working better. I also tried all blocking at 0 and it worked out great. I had 2 sacks vs. Patriots I was the dolphins. This really shocked me . I still see huge holes and ran about 4.7ypc. The cpu. Ran for 7 yrds. Lol so I'll try cpu. Run block up again. Brady 303 2 and 2. I tossed about 200 with 3 and 0. I used extensively for everything pass sliders and it worked out pretty well. I still won 42 to 21. So I hope I didn't nerf. All madden. Lol
Old 11-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #134
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
seriously?

madness.

ying-yang.

balance.

out.

Well, I hope you don't throw in the towel and leave your peeps hanging homie.

Seriously dude, you and your buds have put in a lot of time and effort and appear to be close to finalizing your brew, don't waste that and deprive the OS community of the results.

I have played just about every set on here and have had a lot of great games but they all have some issue, be it too many sacks, unreal stats, poor CPU run game, ballhawking D, etc. Every change or tweak messes something else up, so just when you think your close everything gets thrown out of whack by one small change. The other issue that really annoys me is the animations, the sets that seem to produce the best gameplay have the worst animations and vice versa.

C'mon man, help a brother out!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #135
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
seriously?

madness.

ying-yang.

balance.

out.

I am all for anyone's opinions/insight on sliders, but this post here sounds more like an excuse because someone doesn't want to admit, that after all the weeks of hype, there is no magic elixir - but see, many of us sliders workers, myself included, already know there is no solution, cause there is no puzzle in the true sense..A puzzle has a solution - Madden is a mess and is broken..
Old 11-16-2014, 12:41 AM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
seriously?

madness.

ying-yang.

balance.

out.

There's plenty of enthusiasm for this slider set Bro. I have completely stop playing this game in anticipation of this all madden set. The game is broken to be sure, but your postings give me faith that you can make this game at least somewhat fun and realistic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »