the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 19 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #145
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
That's funny! Whiz, I don't know who you are, but humor is ALWAYS a sign of intelligence. Keep it coming and yes, I will definitely implement your sliders into a coach mode dynasty to test...Really want to stop donating to the EA Sports fund each year.
Actually humor is not a sign of intelligence but more likely a sign of a troubled life and/or depression and other troubles....Just ask Robin Williams, whoops, you can't...RIP Williams...No disrespect to Robin Williams or his troubles, merely making a point.
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 03:28 AM   #146
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Icon12 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Actually humor is not a sign of intelligence but more likely a sign of a troubled life and/or depression and other troubles....Just ask Robin Williams, whoops, you can't...RIP Williams...No disrespect to Robin Williams or his troubles, merely making a point.

Good to know that George Costanza is among the many fans that have joined the Whiz's M15 slider mod discussions. And since we are on the subject of humor and its relationship to intelligence, here is something to chew on....

Humor is also related to the aptitude to look at some events from a different perspective, I think we can all concur that M15 certainly fits this bill.

And in an ironic twist of fate, on the issue of humor and intelligence, research has in fact identified a relationship between NEEDING INTELLIGENCE to appreciate humor, go figure.



.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg george constanza.jpg (7.4 KB, 110 views)
theSliderWhisperer is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 05:08 AM   #147
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
Good to know that George Costanza is among the many fans that have joined the Whiz's M15 slider mod discussions. And since we are on the subject of humor and its relationship to intelligence, here is something to chew on....

Humor is also related to the aptitude to look at some events from a different perspective, I think we can all concur that M15 certainly fits this bill.

And in an ironic twist of fate, on the issue of humor and intelligence, research has in fact identified a relationship between NEEDING INTELLIGENCE to appreciate humor, go figure.



.

Research has its hangups..My issue is plain and simple, a forum member asked a question in regards to OPI and DPI slider settings, and you, wiz or whatever you wanna call your self, to boost your ego, went completely out of line on the individual for no reason but to be rude and/or condescending; neither of which needs to be present here when we are all just trying to come up with sliders and theories and general ideas about the Madden football game and how to improve it.

If you have things to contribute, by all means do so; everyone here I am sure is interested, even myself; now speaking for myself, when people start making posts that place their work and contributions above all others and paint themselves as the master guru of sliders, then it gets rather annoying to the point, at least for me, of not even caring what someone posts in regards to sliders. It is not just what you serve the public to eat, but how you serve it and what you serve it on that matters too.

The particular person I chose to defend, has helped this community come up with ideas on sliders and has asked questions as well as answered questions in a very polite and beneficial manner, including question I have asked which some may have thought were elementary questions...Your reply to this particular person was you stating they asked a stupid question - and really, there are no stupid questions...There are stupid answers though, I can promise you that...

As for intelligence to get a joke? I know there are studies that suggest intelligence is required or at least helpful to get some jokes; then some jokes just have to be funny to begin with.. All perspective....Some people think Kat Williams is funny; I prefer Lenny Bruce..Does understanding Lenny Bruce mean I am smarter or dumber than the person who likes Kat Williams? Or is it that those who get Kat Williams are more familiar with the references of his jokes?

Still, intelligence and getting jokes does not disregard the long proven issues behind many great comedians who were suffering inside and used comedy and being humorous as a means to deal with their own troubles....Lenny Bruce OD'd on Heroin; a sure sign of issues there. You generally take heroin to escape problems, but then the addiction, if it catches you, creates more issues and the circle begins...
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #148
Rookie
 
Rickyfins75's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
seriously?

Are you sure it is not 89:11 or 91:9? How do these settings relate to WRCTCH, QB ACC, PBLK, PASSREAC, PASSCOV, PCI? More importantly, where does the importance of a PASS RUSH come into play in your calculation for "unpredictable passing stats"?



madness.

for every action there is a corresponding reaction.

inter-dependency among slider mods.

ying-yang.

balance.

until the OS community can understand these simple concepts, finding the optimum game play for M15 will continue to be as elusive as finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.


it would seem that there is more interest in BEING right rather than GETTING IT right. good luck with that, I now remember why I was having reservations about ever revisiting a slider thread; will now have to reconsider whether there is enthusiasm to move forward.

out.






.


Come on now dude i have been all over these threads searching for ideas and have seen you on other peoples threads BEING right, i have seen you on here BEING right. Another "guru" gives someone actual help which didnt leave someone scratching his head and your gonna get upset and take your ball? Your excruciatingly obvious egotistical "look at me" approach to your thread is your business it was actually funny to me for a minute . To your defense you say alot of intriguing things but alot of it is in circles because you come on here and skirt questions with big words. Why dont you straight up give a person an answer or at least a suggestion instead of responding by jumping all over the place with wild theories some people dont get it they just want a straight answer. Give them suggestions somewhere to start. Everyone plays different so theres no 1 all magical set to appease everyone that is absolute and in no way could be wrong in even one area. Now that would be madness! All the other slider guys are helpful because they are trying to help the community. They answer questions and ive seen some guys work together to make good sliders better, they arent competing to have the highest viewed thread and they dont get defensive about opinions they dont agree with. I really hope your brew is good bro if you really arent all talk and it helps others but i already went with Rated E. Good luck.
Rickyfins75 is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #149
All Star
 
Trojan Man's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Huntsville, TX
Posts: 10,645
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

For what it's worth, in the philosophy of humor, there are generally three explanations for why people laugh at things: the superiority theory, the relief theory, and the incongruity theory. Only one of those, the incongruity theory, relies heavily on intelligence, and even that one does not necessarily lean totally on intelligence in its account.

The superiority theory says that we laugh at things because we think we're better than the people we're laughing at in some way. An example would be the Three Stooges, at whom we laugh because they're such ... stooges.

The relief theory understands laughter as a kind of "release valve" for pent up physical sensations or emotions and argues that laugher is a particular somatic response to certain emotional states, making it more like a reflex than a conscious action.

The incongruity theory says that we laugh at jokes because they force a certain cognitive shift in interpretation that we find pleasurable. An example would be the Michael Scott joke, where a saying of a non-sexual nature all of the sudden becomes sexual in nature when someone adds "That's what she said" to the end of a sentence. The shift in interpretive framework elicits a laugh. This is the theory that most relies on intelligence, but as you can see, one doesn't always have to be intelligent to make or get such jokes.

A good overview of these theories is here:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/humor/#IncThe
Trojan Man is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #150
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
For what it's worth, in the philosophy of humor, there are generally three explanations for why people laugh at things: the superiority theory, the relief theory, and the incongruity theory. Only one of those, the incongruity theory, relies heavily on intelligence, and even that one does not necessarily lean totally on intelligence in its account.

The superiority theory says that we laugh at things because we think we're better than the people we're laughing at in some way. An example would be the Three Stooges, at whom we laugh because they're such ... stooges.

The relief theory understands laughter as a kind of "release valve" for pent up physical sensations or emotions and argues that laugher is a particular somatic response to certain emotional states, making it more like a reflex than a conscious action.

The incongruity theory says that we laugh at jokes because they force a certain cognitive shift in interpretation that we find pleasurable. An example would be the Michael Scott joke, where a saying of a non-sexual nature all of the sudden becomes sexual in nature when someone adds "That's what she said" to the end of a sentence. The shift in interpretive framework elicits a laugh. This is the theory that most relies on intelligence, but as you can see, one doesn't always have to be intelligent to make or get such jokes.

A good overview of these theories is here:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/humor/#IncThe
I know we've gone completely off topic from the purpose of the forum, but thank you for the link, excellent read, and from a very respectable source.
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #151
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Whisperer seems like an OK guy. Maybe a little look at me-ish but doesn't he work in the entertainment industry? Probably necessary to be successful doing that. Personally I wouldn't mind an option with another set of sliders, especially from someone who has had people play like hundreds of games testing everything, but stuff takes time and people have other obligations
itsOTTOmatic is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #152
Banned
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 5,575
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Fellas, don't you think you are being a little harsh? The Whisperer has provided some very valuable feedback that has helped a lot of people this year with their understanding of the sliders. On a different note, I am so surprised the ratings, which are the real culprit, haven't gotten much attention this year.

Dunno... just seems the focus is not where it should be.
SECElit3 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Top -