the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 21 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #161
Banned

OVR: 0
Cool Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I'd like you to get past your holier than thou, condescending attitude towards others...You spend more time making little self complimenting stories stating the obvious than actually providing any true substance...

Never really fancied myself as "holier than thou" type of peep, never was much into wearing my hair long, walking in Birkenstocks all day and wearing a white tunic robe if you know what I mean... And not sure that condescending is the right adjective either... However, I do appreciate you reading my narratives, although it would seem that my levity does not sit well with you. I respect that.

This is why some peeps are more "play-it-by the book", non-fiction types, that dig entertainment produced by Marlin Perkins and his award winning documentaries like "Mutual of Omaha's; Wild Kingdom", and then there are kats like me, who's Crayola crayon goes outside of the lines sometimes.

And regarding the flow of "true substance"... There will be some ideas coming your way that you may just want to incorporate into your efforts, that is, if you choose to want to have game play that better represents what goes down in an NFL game.

One last note...Beware of donating money to a dude in a wheelchair who has dirty shoes... Just sayin'...

lates....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Never trust a man with dirty shoes.jpg (9.6 KB, 94 views)
Old 11-19-2014, 03:39 AM   #162
Banned

Icon8 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Roster ratings play a huge role in how the game plays - so do the plays and when the plays are called on the field...This issue of poorly done plays and playbooks and ratings has been around since the first football game; I used to play Sierra's FBPro 98 and earlier iterations of the game going back to sometime around 1991....The bonus with FBPro 98 was that you could actually edit game plans and playbooks...Heck, you could even create plays from scratch in the "Blackboard" portion of the game.

Oh, and when you fast simmed a game in FBpro 98, you actually got realistic stats, compared to what madden spits out..

A group of people got together and made what became the VPNFL files which created a rating scale/range for players by position and eliminated dead plays or AI busting plays from the playbooks so the CPU actually played a smarter game of football - why EA/Tiburon cannot grasp what has been obvious for ages, is beyond me....Lord knows the CPU play call on 3rd and long is completely ruined, hence easy sacks..

The VPNFL files and their mission statement can be found here: http://www.pnfl.biz/vpnfl/index.html

Now, is there a way to edit playbooks and get the CPU team to actually use the playbook? I believe in previous game versions the CPU playbook would revert back to it's default? If that is still the case, then there is a huge issue that EA/Tiburon could easily remedy to allow the Madden community to create better default playbooks for each team....

I miss Madden on PC; cause you could crack into that baby and really make the game play right...

Funny you mention this, because the AI's playbook seems to focus on only running a dozen or so plays from each teams playbook, and this bites worse than visiting your in-laws for your mother-in-laws special chili casserole, and because they are on a Social Security budget, the guest bathroom always only has single-ply toilet paper... Brrrrutal

Upside is that I did find a potential slider mod solution for 2nd/3rd and long situations that cause the CPU QB, more often than not, to look for the down field receivers, while keeping the sack number low.... Now if you decide to bring the house, then all bets are off, since bringing more than 3 or 4 blitzers in the NFL significantly increases the odds of a sack and the same is mirrored in Madden.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg single ply toilet paper.jpg (12.4 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-19-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #163
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Whisperer,

When are you planning on revealing your updated sliders and all the other good stuff you refer to in your postings?
Old 11-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Roster ratings play a huge role in how the game plays - so do the plays and when the plays are called on the field...This issue of poorly done plays and playbooks and ratings has been around since the first football game; I used to play Sierra's FBPro 98 and earlier iterations of the game going back to sometime around 1991....The bonus with FBPro 98 was that you could actually edit game plans and playbooks...Heck, you could even create plays from scratch in the "Blackboard" portion of the game.

Oh, and when you fast simmed a game in FBpro 98, you actually got realistic stats, compared to what madden spits out..

A group of people got together and made what became the VPNFL files which created a rating scale/range for players by position and eliminated dead plays or AI busting plays from the playbooks so the CPU actually played a smarter game of football - why EA/Tiburon cannot grasp what has been obvious for ages, is beyond me....Lord knows the CPU play call on 3rd and long is completely ruined, hence easy sacks..

The VPNFL files and their mission statement can be found here: http://www.pnfl.biz/vpnfl/index.html

Now, is there a way to edit playbooks and get the CPU team to actually use the playbook? I believe in previous game versions the CPU playbook would revert back to it's default? If that is still the case, then there is a huge issue that EA/Tiburon could easily remedy to allow the Madden community to create better default playbooks for each team....

I miss Madden on PC; cause you could crack into that baby and really make the game play right...
I couldn't tell you how many hours I wasted with Front Page Sports as a kid. Sure, when my buddies were around we'd play Madden, Bill Walsh, and Tecmo Bowl, but when I was alone, Front Page Sports was being played. I could print up my box scores, easily edit rosters, create plays. You name it you could do it with that game. That game was by far the deepest Football game to ever come out. Really wish Sierra was still around. Would love to see a generic Football game by them with the technology that's around today.

Sierra's Front Page Sports Football was cutting edge 20 years ago.

Nice to see someone mention that game.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #165
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I couldn't tell you how many hours I wasted with Front Page Sports as a kid. Sure, when my buddies were around we'd play Madden, Bill Walsh, and Tecmo Bowl, but when I was alone, Front Page Sports was being played. I could print up my box scores, easily edit rosters, create plays. You name it you could do it with that game. That game was by far the deepest Football game to ever come out. Really wish Sierra was still around. Would love to see a generic Football game by them with the technology that's around today.

Sierra's Front Page Sports Football was cutting edge 20 years ago.

Nice to see someone mention that game.
I still believe it was the greatest football sim game created...Glad to see another who was just as into it as me.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #166
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes.... Sierra. The good days of 1998.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 11-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 5

yeah that was a great game. I remember how excited I was when the players finally got numbers on their jerseys.

But it beats madden 15 in some aspects. And that, my friends, is the state of football gaming in 2014.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
yeah that was a great game. I remember how excited I was when the players finally got numbers on their jerseys.

But it beats madden 15 in some aspects. And that, my friends, is the state of football gaming in 2014.
Their baseball game was pretty good but not as good as Micro League Baseball sim. Even though it had generic named players, Tom Landry's game was great too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »