the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 27 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:18 AM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts 4 12
Mindless QB's that turn every offense into a west coast offense and defensive backs that mirror receivers every move make this game unplayable for me. If you're enjoying please don't let me rain on your parade.
QB's routinely throw deep on me, and I have no problem passing the ball vs psychic defensive backs.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
QB's routinely throw deep on me, and I have no problem passing the ball vs psychic defensive backs.
I would for you to please share the level and slider set your using because I'm not experiencing this at all.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #211
Pro

My sliders are set on how I PERSONALLY want them. To have the game played right.
For example some sliders may need to be less than someone else's because of the way I play.

Basically, mess with them yourself. When you're happy with what you got use that, tweak as you need people play different so don't rely on others sliders to work as well for you as it does for them
Old 11-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #212
Pro

Quote:
Mindless QB's that turn every offense into a west coast offense and defensive backs that mirror receivers every move make this game unplayable for me. If you're enjoying please don't let me rain on your parade.
Weird..most people want DB to be playing closer and actually going for the ball. If I don't handicap myself slightly I'll throw 400 yards a game regardless of the sliders.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I would for you to please share the level and slider set your using because I'm not experiencing this at all.
Happily. I don't pretend to have the perfect slider set, because everyone has a different skill level and different style of play. People also have vastly different perspectives on how the game should play and what they see on Sundays. I've found an enjoyable and realistic set for myself but (which I'm still looking to improve). I'm a sim style player with what I'd consider moderate stick skills, but never play online so wouldn't know. Like I said but, I'm a sim style player. Playing Madden any other way just wouldn't be enjoyable for me as you can seriously exploit the game if you choose to do so. I've exclusively played on All-Pro every single Madden I've had. I then moved to All-Madden this year as people said the game played well with no cheat feel to it. I was using a variation of JoshC1977's All-Madden sliders and was getting good games (after tweaking). I then heard some posters say the gameplay and animations and overall smoothness really shined on Pro, so I figured why not give that a go, and I have to say it's been pretty good. The biggest problem I faced was adjusting sliders enough to make a competitive game. You obviously need to give the CPU a big advantage and the USER a big disadvantage as to not easily win every game, which was happening when I first tried Pro. I've now tweaked enough and found an enjoyable and playable set (for me personally). It's not overly difficulty, but it's not easy per se either. Every game feels different and I find certain challenges depending on the teams and matchups. Every play in the play book actually seems like a viable option too, where as on All-Madden some plays just don't work regardless because of the AI. You'll almost certainly need to adjust for yourself, but there's no super human DB play or that psychic feel which you eluded to before. The QB goes deep on me too. They've burnt me deep many times and have often finished with a higher YPA than me (and I regularly call cover 3 defense). I've witnessed the automatic check down robo QB's too, but overall the good outweighs the bad, and every game is different for me not to throw out the baby with the bath water after one flawed experience. Example, I played Broncos two games in a row with the Steelers, and both games played VERY different. The first, Manning went robo QB with a high completion % and mostly short stuff. The second, he regularly went deep but struggled massively hitting just 50% of his throws. It's not at all uncommon for me to see the CPU regularly complete anywhere from 50-70% of their passes with a few long balls mixed in, which is what I want. The sack issue is mostly gone with the odd 6+ sack game here and there, but again, the good outweighs the bad for me, so I just take it as any given Sunday. I feel the run game on both sides is slightly overpowered (particularly for the user), but not overbearing. It's something I'm looking to address but, potentially through penalty sliders. I have no house rules, but call my plays from the suggestion screen as I feel the CPU's play calling puts them at a disadvantage, so I always pick one of the suggested plays for myself. I also don't go audible crazy to exploit match ups, but that obviously falls under sim style player which I mentioned before. I'm still constantly looking to better the game myself and make tweaks. It's frustration at times but ultimately I enjoy it. I also actually enjoy the game but, which it seems many here don't. I hope these sliders can at least give you a base to work off of and make the game somewhat playable. Not for my sliders sake as I'm not trying to be right or even produce a slider set for others, but for yours.

Difficulty: Pro
Game Speed: Normal
Injuries: 51
Fatigue: 61
Threshold: 0

USER – CPU
QBA: 3 – 66
Pass Block: 0 – 99
Catch: 44 – 44
Run Block: 0 – 99
Fumble: 10 – 50
Reaction Time: 10 – 55
INT: 0 – 44
Coverage: 10 – 99
Tackle: 10 – 44

Offside: 80
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
DPI: 10
OPI: 10
KR/PR Interference: 80
Clipping: 50
Grounding: 50
Rough Passer: 50
Rough Kicker: 50

FG Power: 50 – 55
FG Accuracy: 0 – 44
Punt Power: 50 – 52
Punt Accuracy: 0 – 99
Kick Power: 50 – 52

Last edited by TheWood56; 11-25-2014 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Updated.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #214
Banned

OVR: 5

Is Sliderwhisperer ever going to post any sliders, or is this just an excuse to do his standup comedy routine?
Old 11-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #215
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Is Sliderwhisperer ever going to post any sliders, or is this just an excuse to do his standup comedy routine?
Who knows what the patch do but my $ is on a delay til Christmas. He's brought up enough insightful points and laid out logical linear way to tackle the sliders which is damn difficult considering how many branches connect on the tree. Getting everything perfect is important and should be supported. If the story holds true he's putting in the needed time (besides typing here!).. and no one like this could settle with incomplete results on such an immersive effort.

We should all hope the patch, messes with the Brew.. at one point I was worried Tiburon couldn't fix this for M16. Lots of playing to do but I've seen a couple encouraging signs.

Time will tell for these sliders quickly. Love these levels, 5*. Takes me back to the days of NVG.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #216
Rookie

& if this patch sets the Wiz back hopefully he will share some "gems" with OS so others can take a realistic shot at finishing it off.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »