the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 34 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #265
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Uuuuh, check that Bob, it seems that maybe the Wiz should not (can not?) post in the OS Sports, Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders cyber chalkboard moving forward....Kinda confused about thread creation guidelines, but rules are rules and the Wiz is cool to abide by them ....

OS peeps that would like to pick my mind for ideas or slider recs can drop the Wiz a line at [email protected]

Packing up my crayons and lunch pail. Was fun knowing y'all. Sayonara!

Dude, are you like 8 years old or something? If you have something to contribute then do it! We've all been listening to "The Wiz this" and "The Wiz that", "The Wiz's data shows..." and "Me and my peeps testing in my man cave..." I'm thinking there is no "man cave", you have no peeps (other than the marshmallow ones you may be eating), and you probably don't even own Madden or a game system! If you spent as much time on the sliders as you have posting in this thread they would have been "dropped" like 3 weeks ago!

Look, obviously your a bit "out there", and although your post were amusing at first the schtick has become old. If you truly want to help out your peeps/homies/bros/bruddas from annudda mudda then just post the freakin' sliders enough with the "Look at me, look at me, I'm the Wiz!"....geeez....

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #266
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

What comic relief!

All you people coming down hard on the guy for not releasing his set on YOUR timeline. Is he your employee? Getting paid fat stacks to come up with a slider set by a pre-set deadline? GMAFB. He is an unpaid VOLUNTEER that is kind enough to share his work with the community. Whether he releases one set or twenty, it is all gravy. You like it or you don't. If you don't, there are plenty of other slider sets to choose from, not to mention the rare concept of buckling down and figuring it out for yourself. Make your own observations and adjustments for once, instead of relying on someone else's goodwill.

As far as I can tell, he HAS released at least one set this year, and he was here all of last year as well (not just 42 days ago, as someone erroneously posted) when he released several successful sets that were enjoyed by many OS users.

I swear sometimes I think most of the users here are teenagers without the slightest understanding of the demands of adult life. You know, work, wife, kids, medical issues, social commitments (it is the holidays after all) etc? Making a slider set for a bunch of selfish whiners on OS probably ranks somewhere near the bottom of the list of a healthy well adjusted adult's priorities and responsibilities.

Stop the madness.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #267
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
What comic relief!

All you people coming down hard on the guy for not releasing his set on YOUR timeline. Is he your employee? Getting paid fat stacks to come up with a slider set by a pre-set deadline? GMAFB. He is an unpaid VOLUNTEER that is kind enough to share his work with the community. Whether he releases one set or twenty, it is all gravy. You like it or you don't. If you don't, there are plenty of other slider sets to choose from, not to mention the rare concept of buckling down and figuring it out for yourself. Make your own observations and adjustments for once, instead of relying on someone else's goodwill.

As far as I can tell, he HAS released at least one set this year, and he was here all of last year as well (not just 42 days ago, as someone erroneously posted) when he released several successful sets that were enjoyed by many OS users.

I swear sometimes I think most of the users here are teenagers without the slightest understanding of the demands of adult life. You know, work, wife, kids, medical issues, social commitments (it is the holidays after all) etc? Making a slider set for a bunch of selfish whiners on OS probably ranks somewhere near the bottom of the list of a healthy well adjusted adult's priorities and responsibilities.

Stop the madness.
I agree with everything you are saying, except he came in trumpeting that he was the great and powerful slider wizard talking in the 3rd person and he had the "magic slider brew" and got some folks on the hook.

He told us at great lengths of all the time he spent on the sliders and had a team of others testing as well. Hundreds of hours he claimed went into making the sliders.

And then he doesn't post a set. And all the people who were sitting on pins and needles have a meltdown.

I create my own sliders, but I read all the other slider threads to get a general consenus of what the sliders are doing from set to set because I don't have enough time to test every slider at every click, no one does or at least shouldn't have. Once I see the trend or something that really makes sense, I pick a starting point and go from there. Release a set and hope others can use it as a good base.

You are right though, it was ridiculous for people to wait on the edge of their seat for this guy to release something. He was probably just conducting a test to see people's reactions when he bailed and was never going to release a set. But that's his choice, he didn't owe anyone anything.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #268
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
What comic relief!

Stop the madness.
Seriously man??? Whatever, that's all well and good but after "pimping" the drop of his "wicked brew" for weeks now he has basically stated that he is taking his ball and going home because he doesn't want to play by the OS rules. You want to talk about being juvenile?

"Healthy and well adjusted adult"....have you read any of this thread?

Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #269
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
I sincerely hope your right. The one thing that keeps me coming back is how knowledgeable he makes it all sound. He has a crazy colorful way of doing things but he makes sense when you get right down to it and cut out the third person stuff. But hes got to show something and stop saying hes walking away when an admin enforces the rules. It makes him seem less credible especially when he says hes so close to dropping his set. I dont know man im waiting to see a few others release their AM post patch adjustments (Jarrod, Fists, Saints7) then im taking Fists advice and just playing. At this point im more looking toward Mlb15 the show and next years Madden.
I have my sliders down for The Show, so I recommend you play 14 again and start as soon as spring training starts and just enjoy. I usually buy sports titles in 2 year intervals. Months of testing followed by a year of playing and enjoying. MLB 14 plays just fine for me, so no need to upgrade until 16. If I hear Madden fixed all the issues, I'll buy it next year but not until after Thanksgiving after the last patch dropped. Its crazy to buy sports games at launch because a slider or tuner could undo months of testing.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #270
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Seriously man??? Whatever, that's all well and good but after "pimping" the drop of his "wicked brew" for weeks now he has basically stated that he is taking his ball and going home because he doesn't want to play by the OS rules. You want to talk about being juvenile?

"Healthy and well adjusted adult"....have you read any of this thread?
So he has a screw loose because you don't agree with his writing style? His "posting persona"?

Like I said, he did release at least one set this year. Maybe it worked for you, maybe it didn't. Maybe there was just one small portion of what he tested and posted about that helped you or someone else enjoy that one particular aspect of the game a little more. Maybe you're an all or nothing kind of guy and got tired of waiting for the big payoff- whatever.

I don't really know what happened with regard to the "violation of OS posting rules", but it sounds very minor, especially in comparison to some other things I've seen happen around here.

It is what it is. There's just no sense in lamenting over what could have been. Take what good you can squeeze out of it and move on.

I understand the frustration with the sliders - believe me. The venom should be directed toward EA Tiburon for making them the ineffective mess they are, not the volunteers here on OS that are trying to help solve them.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 12-03-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #271
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
What comic relief!

Stop the madness.

Well your pretty damn rude bro wow! He made an All Pro set then after that he said he liked what he was seeing testing All Madden even more so he was going to put that out. Two completely different sets. And as far as people feeling slighted he was the one giving his set this huge build up and acted childish when an admin told him stick to one thread. Im sure hes a great guy and probably very funny but coming on here and touting your set as GOAT for WEEKS then saying eh screw it im taking my ball is a cop out. Hes done that twice! Since your throwing out assumptions ill take a guess and say you clicked the last page to join an argument and insult people since you have such an adult life and not enough time to read an entire thread like the rest of us whiners. Nice going.

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 12-03-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #272
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
So he has a screw loose because you don't agree with his writing style? His "posting persona"?

Like I said, he did release at least one set this year. Maybe it worked for you, maybe it didn't. Maybe there was just one small portion of what he tested and posted about that helped you or someone else enjoy that one particular aspect of the game a little more. Maybe you're an all or nothing kind of guy and got tired of waiting for the big payoff- whatever.

I don't really know what happened with regard to the "violation of OS posting rules", but it sounds very minor, especially in comparison to some other things I've seen happen around here.

It is what it is. There's just no sense in lamenting over what could have been. Take what good you can squeeze out of it and move on.
I never said he had a screw loose, but lets be honest, he's not your average Joe. And to tell you the truth I could care less about his writing style or his "posting persona". I have no problem waiting as I know from personal experience how time consuming slider testing can be and I am not lamenting over it at all, life has enough worries of it's own, when video games cause me that much grief I will quit playing.

What I do care about is his treatment of the OS community and all the people who spent their time reading his usually very long and often very odd post, building hype over something that he never delivered. He came on here with a lot of pomp and fanfare, changed his name to the Slider Whisperer, and promised to deliver the be all and end all of sliders. (And yes he did post a set but he himself stated they were a beta set.) The "Holy Grail" of sliders he has been touting and stringing the OS community along with has yet to materialize and now appears as though it never will.

I completely understand someone not having the time to do this but he boasted constantly about all the testing him and his homies did and how it would be worth the wait for his "wicked brew" only to pull the plug because of some minor issue with the OS rules??? C'mon man, if he came on here to help other Madden players get a more enjoyable experience from the game that is great but he came on here tooting his own horn and promising the moon and when things didn't go his way he just packed it in and left.

I have posted in most of the slider threads on here and I readily give props to those who have worked hard to contribute whatever they can. By the same token I don't think anyone on here should sit quietly by while someone waste their time, which is what I feel he has done. It's nothing against him personally, I actually used his set from 2 years ago and they worked well but he came on this year even more over the top than he was in the past and got everyone to buy in to what he was doing and then left us all hanging. You can call me a whiner if you want but I would call out anybody else who did the same thing.

I'm done, there are plenty of other "Slider Witches", as he calls them, who are still working hard and providing a great contribution to the community. I prefer to spend my time commending their work and collaborating with their efforts.

Peace...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »