Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 02:21 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
The sack issue cannot be fixed solely by sliders. Sliders are just too inconsistent.... The root of the issue is buried within the rosters themselves. I personally think the Ideal trait for "senses pressure" has a lot to do with it. I also think the defenses in the game, with the default rosters are extremely overrated. Attributes such as block shedding, speed, acceleration, strength, etc. are set way too high.

Back to the ideal trait... I think it is either broken or not working correctly. I've done some testing with it, and the QB performance at that setting is no better than it is at oblivious. My suggestion would be to modify the senses pressure trait for all quarterbacks to trigger happy, and let the force passes tendency determine the identity of the QB. This seems to work well.

That said, this can't apply to drafted QBs.... sadly
Completely and wholeheartedly agree with this point of view. In fact, if my interest was to play only one or two seasons of CFM, I would have never worked on a slider mix. By far, your roster project matched to your sliders (although I would personally have to futz with a few settings you have, such as, QB ACC for both the HUM and CPU) is the GOLD STANDARD!

I have used Armor and Swords edited QB roster with these sliders just to see the impact of edited pocket awareness traits on the game play, and much like you theorize, the CPU QB play is SUPERIOR when compared to using a standard EA roster polluted with Mr. Moore's absurd ratings work.

the Truth is that our common nemesis is none other than Donny himself! Truly believe he does more to crush my dream of a realistic NFL video game experience (like MLB the Show, or 2k basketball franchise) than any single other human on earth. And believe me, EVERY CHANCE I get, I make sure that I tell my buddy who is an EVP at EA Sports and works on the Madden franchise that Donny IS NO RATINGS CZAR!

Curse you Donny!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images1MLMC367.jpg (10.2 KB, 88 views)
Old 10-24-2014, 02:27 AM   #58
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spboden
Wiz,

So i wanted to give you some feedback that i found very interesting. when i loaded in your sliders, i accidently went All-Madden. I already have a CFM started with GB. So my first game is against Seattle...I have tried numerous sets, but nothing realistic.
Anyways, seattle destroyed me in the 1st quarter...wilson scrambled, hit open WR, beast mode was in full form...I could not stop him....then i realized your sliders were for AP....so i decided to keep it on AM and change a few things. first I changed the cpu acc to 5, run block to same as mine, and that helped but caused sacks. So i put everything back to how it was and decided to lower the fumble on both mine and cpu to 45...i put everything back the way you originally had it but those. well it helped control the running a bit, but wilson then became very conservative and took sacks. So once again i changed everything back but my fumbles...leaving it at 45. Same results I was getting sacks and stopping the run. So i decided to but everything back to where you had it and played again.
I was getting beat by seattle in the 1st quarter 20-7...no sacks, i blitzed alot, did moves, but could not contain Wilson. The beast mode was back and i had to do everything to stop him. I was able to start making some defense plays, but i would call audibles at the line, blitz, I basically had to play flawless to stop him.
I think that the fumbles had something to do with it....the only complaint i had was that wilson was incredible and very tough to stop...i could not get a sack at all....when beast mode got outside he made my CB look like deer in headlights. I was playing as DT, DE, LB, just about everything.
So with that being said, I think these are good on AM...just need to figure out how to keep sacks low and keep the offense from scoring everytime. It could be me also....but thought i would share this.

Question for you..when u made tweaks did u change at Main Menu or within CFM menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Question for you..when u made tweaks did u change at Main Menu or within CFM menu?

Bro, bro, bro.... HAS TO BE in the MAIN MENU and then IMPORT them into the CFM, and for good measure, I save the file before I start playing the CFM game scheduled.....

Hope this cleared it up...
Old 10-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #60
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Broncos 27 Jets 24 The TD KING 27-36-337-1TD-75%-AYPA-9.3-Long Pass 78 yrds , Rushing Ball 18-62-AVG-3.4-1TD, Broncos D 4 sacks , Jets Geno 26-33-279-78%-2TD-AYPA-8.4-Long Pass 95 Bubble Screen to the difference maker for this offense Percy Harvin , Rushing Ivory 25-92-AVG-3.6-1TD- O Total Fumbles and 0 INT for this game, Total Plays 119, So far the Jets coach mode Record in this Test CFM is 3-3, Wins against QB"S Schaub , Cutler, And Rivers, Loses Against Rodgers, Stafford, and Mr TD King Peyton, Whose up next Mr Brady
Old 10-24-2014, 02:40 AM   #61
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
Bro, bro, bro.... HAS TO BE in the MAIN MENU and then IMPORT them into the CFM, and for good measure, I save the file before I start playing the CFM game scheduled.....

Hope this cleared it up...

Wiz two part reason I asked that..Madden team stated sliders haven been untied unlike previous years..now I know know we are takin madden team but just a thought..it's been at least three years now that I have and many others have ONLY imported from main menu...also after reading previous post from other OS member regarding changes in sliders..is it possible that QB awr plus QB ability to scramble and evade sacks is tied to FUM slider? We all believe/feel that slider helps RB right? Well maybe it's not just RB but in fact any Offensive player with the Football in his possession? I mean again we are talking YEARS of old code...

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 02:46 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Broncos 27 Jets 24 The TD KING 27-36-337-1TD-75%-AYPA-9.3-Long Pass 78 yrds , Rushing Ball 18-62-AVG-3.4-1TD, Broncos D 4 sacks , Jets Geno 26-33-279-78%-2TD-AYPA-8.4-Long Pass 95 Bubble Screen to the difference maker for this offense Percy Harvin , Rushing Ivory 25-92-AVG-3.6-1TD- O Total Fumbles and 0 INT for this game, Total Plays 119, So far the Jets coach mode Record in this Test CFM is 3-3, Wins against QB"S Schaub , Cutler, And Rivers, Loses Against Rodgers, Stafford, and Mr TD King Peyton, Whose up next Mr Brady

Well you certainly have debunked some common misconceptions...

1) A higher SpeedThresh prevents "big plays" and there is no separation by the fast dudes.... WRONG! Harvin takes a bubble screen to the HOUSE, against a very speedy defense, the Mules....

2) CPU QB only throw dump offs and underneath passes when setting the QB ACC so low... WRONG! KingTD has a 9.3 AYPA which, surprise, surprise, surprise is well within NFL norms....

What is great to see, is that you are beating teams you should compete with and losing to teams with solid QB's and solid D's (personally think that SD Chargers are over-rated)

Thank you once again for your follow up ....
Old 10-24-2014, 02:54 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Wiz two part reason I asked that..Madden team stated sliders haven been untied unlike previous years..now I know know we are takin madden team but just a thought..it's been at least three years now that I have and many others have ONLY imported from main menu...also after reading previous post from other OS member regarding changes in sliders..is it possible that QB awr plus QB ability to scramble and evade sacks is tied to FUM slider? We all believe/feel that slider helps RB right? Well maybe it's not just RB but in fact any Offensive player with the Football in his possession? I mean again we are talking YEARS of old code...

Great question!

One of the theories that my posse and I did explore was the impact of the FUM slider on CPU QB play.... Unfortunately when everything else was at default and the FUM slider was taken to its polar extremes, we did not come across any discernible connection between the FUM slider and CPU QB awareness...

You must always keep in mind that to test any theory, you must figure out HOW TO ISOLATE the slider that could trigger your theory and then play the _hit (rhymes with FIT) out of your tweak for several games with different types of talent and observe, and track the stats.

The only true slider that we felt had a measurable impact on CPU QB awareness was the INT GRND pen slider (go figure! Thank you Donny for that gem) mixed with the PASS COV slider, the PASS BLK slider, ROUGH PASS pen slider, and to a much lesser degree, the WR CTCH and PASS REAC slider... Weird, I know...
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #64
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
You must always keep in mind that to test any theory, you must figure out HOW TO ISOLATE the slider that could trigger your theory and then play the _hit (rhymes with FIT) out of your tweak for several games with different types of talent and observe, and track the stats.

The only true slider that we felt had a measurable impact on CPU QB awareness was the INT GRND pen slider
AMEN to the first paragraph. People want to change 5 sliders at once and it is like...."whoa"...if something goes wrong, you don't know which change(s) caused it.

Just a question....did you test out the impact of the RTP slider on QB Awareness? I tried lowering it previously in a brief experiment and it felt like it had a similar impact to raising IG. It was kind of weird...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »