the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

This is a discussion on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Question for you..when u made tweaks did u change at Main Menu or within CFM menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would go back to main menu and make slider changes, it would automatically save. Then I would go back to CFM and upload the new sliders and save
Old 10-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #66
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
The only true slider that we felt had a measurable impact on CPU QB awareness was the INT GRND pen slider (go figure! Thank you Donny for that gem) mixed with the PASS COV slider, the PASS BLK slider, ROUGH PASS pen slider, and to a much lesser degree, the WR CTCH and PASS REAC slider... Weird, I know...
I've had my IG @ 80 for a few years now, with both Madden and NCAA...I HIGHLY recommend that setting re: overall "pocket presence"...

What's you take on the way that RTP works?

I see you have it at 20...does that cause the DL to be less aggressive to the QB, in your experience?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
AMEN to the first paragraph. People want to change 5 sliders at once and it is like...."whoa"...if something goes wrong, you don't know which change(s) caused it.

Just a question....did you test out the impact of the RTP slider on QB Awareness? I tried lowering it previously in a brief experiment and it felt like it had a similar impact to raising IG. It was kind of weird...
"Luuuuuuuuuuuuuke, learn to trust the FORCE...." - Yoda, a green, short, grumpy, grinch-looking witch who will one day rid us of Darth Moore...

RTP was tested and the it's impact to game play IS DISTINCT from the IG slider.

Look at it this way.... IG is transplanting Joe Montana's QB I.Q., into the CPU QB (i.e.- improved decision making at higher IG settings)

RTP is transplanting Mean Joe Greene, Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, Reggie White to play your front line. RTP is what I gloss, "the LandShark gene"... the lower you set it, especially lower than 10 units, the greater chance that your ho-hum d-line turns into, four ferocious LandShark's .... Now, this is still being tested in lab, so I would lean toward this analogy for the time being.

Does it affect QB awareness? Indirectly, yes. But not in the manner that would address making the CPU QB smarter but rather how quicker the CPU QB SHOULD begin to get a case of "happy feet" in the pocket. The problem with RTP is that, at the lowest setting, it creates very odd animations from the d-line the can "kill" the mo-jo of the game visually.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg yoda-training-luke.jpg (143.8 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 10-24-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've had my IG @ 80 for a few years now, with both Madden and NCAA...I HIGHLY recommend that setting re: overall "pocket presence"...

What's you take on the way that RTP works?

I see you have it at 20...does that cause the DL to be less aggressive to the QB, in your experience?

Thanks!

FINALLY!!! A true connoisseur of Madden!!! I was wondering how long it was going to take for a true veteran to catch onto the IG setting, AND ITS VALUE to CPU QB game play.

My respect's Don KingV2k3... Well done, bravo! You have done your homework.

These are the type of posts that DO MOTIVATE me to post and manage a thread, Madden Junkies that have more than a clue of what is under the hood and the challenges that TRUE slider witches have to deal with.

Now.... Regarding your VERY GOOD question regarding RTP, my previous post to JoshC1977 outlines what my data supports for RTP. In a nutshell, the RTP acts like what we used to call the PASS RUSH SLIDER.

That having been said, at 20, and maybe even 11, it was a good counterbalance to 'roiding up QB IQ through the IG slider and setting PASS BLK above default of 50. At the end of the day IG & RTP & PASSBLK, and to a lesser degree RUNBLK, PASS REAC can all be inter-related ONCE you find a balance point that you can live with. Regarding the impact of RTP on DL line aggressiveness, let's put it this way, it's still in lab for further testing, but if I was a betting man, I would lean toward saying that it has an influence on DL aggressiveness...

My hope was to do all the heavy lifting and provide a BASELINE of PEN SLIDER balance points from which the OS community could work from. Unfortunately, sometimes the OS community gets lazy, doesn't want to think or work a little for themselves, and instead wants perfect game play handed to them on a silver platter.

Perfect game play is in the EYE of the BEHOLDER, true slider witches can only provide good baseline/balance points from which to fine tune to your tastes...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metallica.jpg (8.9 KB, 98 views)
Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #69
Just started!

Tis sliders working on CFM offline? Bucs are bad team in madden 15 but i win every game!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #70
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
RTP is transplanting Mean Joe Greene, Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, Reggie White to play your front line. RTP is what I gloss, "the LandShark gene"... the lower you set it, especially lower than 10 units, the greater chance that your ho-hum d-line turns into, four ferocious LandShark's .... Now, this is still being tested in lab, so I would lean toward this analogy for the time being.

Does it affect QB awareness? Indirectly, yes. But not in the manner that would address making the CPU QB smarter but rather how quicker the CPU QB SHOULD begin to get a case of "happy feet" in the pocket. The problem with RTP is that, at the lowest setting, it creates very odd animations from the d-line the can "kill" the mo-jo of the game visually.
Thanks for the input...I look forward to finding out what you conclude in the long run re: RTP...

I would tend to agree that the lower settings will make the DL rush with more "abandon", as they don't concern themselves with the possibility of incurring a flag...

Because of this year's "sack issue", my thought was that raising RTP above default MAY slow them down a bit, affording the time needed for PRIMARY receivers to get open...

One of the reasons that the completion percentages are so high, is because the "red route" (if you were to pull up their play art) is bailed off of too quickly...

Some of that has to do with QB awareness, but it's also because CTH settings below default historically steer the ball away from the primary receiver and to the secondary and check down options...it really should be called the "Pass Receiver Ability" slider, as it impacts route running...

Bailing off the primary not only, raises the completion percentage, but also impacts YPA and total yardage negatively...it also can cause the 3rd Down Conversion rate to drop, because the "red route" is the one that always has the distance required to convert tied to it...

So:

I'd say using IG to make the QB "smarter" in conjunction with keeping CTH @ default, while quelling the rush with a slightly higher RTP and a slightly lower Offsides MAY give the CPU the time to find and stick with the primary receiver...

That leads to a tighter stat line / look / feel because the primary option is often a lower percentage pass for more yardage...

As far as penalties that affect passing go, I'm thinking of something like:

Offsides: 40 (less "jump the snap")
False Start: 60 (get set to pass block sooner, may help with screens)
Holding: 60-75 (duration of block increases)
IG: 80
RTP: 60-80 (less "abandon")

I'm also a big proponent of OPI / DPI @ 100, because the "Five Yard Fight" at the snap has a nice "risk / reward" in Press or Cover 2 / Man 2...it usually ends up with one wideout with low STR / AGI / Release getting taken out of the play...much like...football?

Old 10-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Thanks for the input...I look forward to finding out what you conclude in the long run re: RTP...

I would tend to agree that the lower settings will make the DL rush with more "abandon", as they don't concern themselves with the possibility of incurring a flag...

Because of this year's "sack issue", my thought was that raising RTP above default MAY slow them down a bit, affording the time needed for PRIMARY receivers to get open...

One of the reasons that the completion percentages are so high, is because the "red route" (if you were to pull up their play art) is bailed off of too quickly...

Some of that has to do with QB awareness, but it's also because CTH settings below default historically steer the ball away from the primary receiver and to the secondary and check down options...it really should be called the "Pass Receiver Ability" slider, as it impacts route running...

Bailing off the primary not only, raises the completion percentage, but also impacts YPA and total yardage negatively...it also can cause the 3rd Down Conversion rate to drop, because the "red route" is the one that always has the distance required to convert tied to it...

So:

I'd say using IG to make the QB "smarter" in conjunction with keeping CTH @ default, while quelling the rush with a slightly higher RTP and a slightly lower Offsides MAY give the CPU the time to find and stick with the primary receiver...

That leads to a tighter stat line / look / feel because the primary option is often a lower percentage pass for more yardage...

As far as penalties that affect passing go, I'm thinking of something like:

Offsides: 40 (less "jump the snap")
False Start: 60 (get set to pass block sooner, may help with screens)
Holding: 60-75 (duration of block increases)
IG: 80
RTP: 60-80 (less "abandon")

I'm also a big proponent of OPI / DPI @ 100, because the "Five Yard Fight" at the snap has a nice "risk / reward" in Press or Cover 2 / Man 2...it usually ends up with one wideout with low STR / AGI / Release getting taken out of the play...much like...football?

I'm liking your line of thinking here. From what I've observed in Coach Mode, The Catch Slider seems to be "the final touch" when it comes to tuning the passing game. In online cfm play, it is very sensitive for the CPU. 39 and they look like jerry rice. 38 they look like run of the mill receivers.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #72
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Try Offsides @ 0
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »