Home

Speed threshold broken or am I testing it wrong?

This is a discussion on Speed threshold broken or am I testing it wrong? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2014, 12:22 AM   #9
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Speed threshold broken or am I testing it wrong?

Got yeah..sending u pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #10
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

GW 4QS - acceleration would be a valid study too

You would not want to rub the speed without also rubbing the acceleration numbers so you get an accurate complete correlation

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #11
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
GW 4QS - acceleration would be a valid study too

You would not want to run the speed without also running the acceleration numbers so you get an accurate complete correlation

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
And in the past, threshold had a bigger impact on acceleration than on top level speed. People try using low threshold on here and that, combined with the crazy acceleration for d-linemen in default rosters, and it is no wonder we see too many sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Slider works fine, although setting it to 0 is like setting it to 100. Works well between 16 - 20
In the past, setting it to 0 actually turned threshold off; meaning speed differences are derived solely on player ratings. With default rosters and the messed up ratings, you get lots of strange artifacts. Now SEC....0 might actually work quite well for the FBG roster. If you are calibrating acceleration to realistic levels, that should theoretically do the trick. Now, I am guessing you already tried a 0 thresh; but if so, am surprised it didn't work.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-24-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
Rookie

I'm going to test some more tonight with it at every 10 clicks. But the 2 extremes 0 and 100 there is 0 difference in total time with Jeff demps and the slowest lt that I had playing te. And if acceleration is anything like it was 7 years ago it's a joke. In 07 days it only took in to account the first few yards. All players reached their top speed with in the first few yards. So a 99 speed and 25 acc would look like he was in mud the first 3 yards and then the 99 speed kicks in.
And fbg speed would be the best. I used their ratings all the way back in 03. But the stock slow speed I can live with. I have no problem with fast players getting chased down by "slower" players.
As I said I'll run a few more test and then use a few other players to test. If I don't see anything I'll prob just drop it down to the 0-15 range and then on to the qb acc slider.
Speaking of which, does that slider only affect how far they throw the ball? So it really had 0 change on acc and more on if the qb could only throw it 50 yds or 80 yds. I know that's how it was back in the day.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
And in the past, threshold had a bigger impact on acceleration than on top level speed. People try using low threshold on here and that, combined with the crazy acceleration for d-linemen in default rosters, and it is no wonder we see too many sacks.

In the past, setting it to 0 actually turned threshold off; meaning speed differences are derived solely on player ratings. With default rosters and the messed up ratings, you get lots of strange artifacts. Now SEC....0 might actually work quite well for the FBG roster. If you are calibrating acceleration to realistic levels, that should theoretically do the trick. Now, I am guessing you already tried a 0 thresh; but if so, am surprised it didn't work.
I did very extensive testing with this and I can definitively say that 0 either turns the feature off or sets it back to default. The issue with high threshold settings, or in this case the 0 setting is that there is no, consistent breakaway by faster players in the open field. I didn't start to see the breakaway until I had the threshold slider below 30. I didn't see accurate speed representation until around 20. I chose 19.

I do believe there are other factors playing into this game behavior... Fatigue is a big one.

Higher settings present major concern in that the faster players never seem to gain ground on a ball carrier in the open field, and instead just seem to run behind him.

I am baffled by the number of sets running these high threshold settings.

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-24-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I did very extensive testing with this and I can definitively say that 0 either turns the feature off or sets it back to default. The issue with high threshold settings, or in this case the 0 setting is that there is no, consistent breakaway by faster players in the open field. I didn't start to see the breakaway until I had the threshold slider below 30. I didn't see accurate speed representation until around 20. I chose 19.

I do believe there are other factors playing into this game behavior... Fatigue is a big one.

Higher settings present major concern in that the faster players never seem to gain ground on a ball carrier in the open field, and instead just seem to run behind him.

I am baffled by the number of sets running these high threshold settings.
Well sir...I absolutely love your threshold of 19 on All Madden!! I have updated my slider set likewise.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Well sir...I absolutely love your threshold of 19 on All Madden!! I have updated my slider set likewise.
That's good to hear because, 16 - 20 are the only settings that truly work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #16
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

AT a speed threshold of 10; I am seeing about 5 - 6 sacks per game, so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »