Home

Running Back Sliders

This is a discussion on Running Back Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Running Back Sliders

What sliders impact the cpu defense against the run? Is it the speed threshold or pass reaction time?

Previously I was running really well and the changed the sliders and now I'm getting stuff like crazy. I'm liking my sliders otherwise. What do I need to change? I actually upped the speed threshold and lowered CPU pass reaction. Anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Running Back Sliders

Roughing the kicker affects the running game, try to reduce it.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Just started!

I am having he same issue with my running game. I am on all-madden and i am getting stuffed like crazy. I have a RB with an overall rating of 83 with a Oline with ratings between 80 - 90 and I get maybe 40 yards a game.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 11-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallp26
I am having he same issue with my running game. I am on all-madden and i am getting stuffed like crazy. I have a RB with an overall rating of 83 with a Oline with ratings between 80 - 90 and I get maybe 40 yards a game.

What am I doing wrong?
What are your PEN SLIDERS?

What are your PASS REAC/COV SLIDERS?

What is your SPEED-THRESH?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Just started!

Penalty sliders:

Offside 85
False Start 67
Holding 100
Face masking 55
Def Pass Inter 89
Off Pass Inter 85
Punt catch inter 100
Clipping 56
Intentional grounding 90
Roughing Passer 49
Roughing kicker 100

Pass reaction CPU 2 USER 15
Cover CPU 82 USER 83

I have game speed on normal. Would moving that to slow help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #6
Banned

Icon6 Re: Running Back Sliders

Quote:
Penalty sliders:

Offside 85
False Start 67
Holding 100
Face masking 55
Def Pass Inter 89
Off Pass Inter 85
Punt catch inter 100
Clipping 56
Intentional grounding 90
Roughing Passer 49
Roughing kicker 100

Pass reaction CPU 2 USER 15
Cover CPU 82 USER 83

I have game speed on normal. Would moving that to slow help?
What is your SPEED THRESH set at? Normal is GAME speed, not SPEED THRESHOLD.

Now, I can tell you that having your ROUGHING THE KICKER and PUNT CATCH INTERFERENCE so high is going to kill ya ('roided heat-seeking aggressiveness from the Defense)... Separately, what is your FUMBLE SLIDER set at? What is your Tackling slider set at?

Here is the bottom line:

To get a BEAST running game, the FUMBLE/RUN BLK/ROUGH THE KICKER/PUNT CATCH INTER/SPEED THRESH/CLIPPING/FACE MASK/OFFSIDE/FALSE START/HOLDING/PASS REAC/PASS COVER sliders all have to be in harmony and balance with regards to the level of difficulty and GAME speed that you prefer....

Try this one on for size... In real football, when running the ball, is the O-Line or D-Line the aggressor? Typically the O-Line correct? If you agree with this line of logic, then why would you ask the AI in your settings to "mute" the aggressiveness of the O-Line by setting the FALSE START penalty slider so proportionately lower than the OFF-SIDES slider?

Shouldn't the FALSE START slider be higher than the OFF-SIDES slider? If the OFF-SIDES slider is higher, then the D-LINE is getting an "aggression" advantage that is forcing your run blocking to start from a defensive position (think of it as run blocking while back on your heels).

But if you mute the D-Line aggressiveness, then what do you do about the pass rush? Well that's what the ROUGHING THE PASSER is for, D-LINE aggression, so to speak....

Yeah I know, this all sounds totally RIDICULOUS...

This is why true slider witches deserve their due....
Old 11-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #7
Just started!

Fumble sliders are set at 35 for CPU and USer

Tackling is 35 for user, 40 for CPU

What should I have the penalties set at?

For speed thresh are you talking about the min player speed threshold? I have that set at 0
Old 11-03-2014, 02:38 AM   #8
Banned

Icon6 Re: Running Back Sliders

Quote:
Fumble sliders are set at 35 for CPU and USer

Tackling is 35 for user, 40 for CPU

What should I have the penalties set at?

For speed thresh are you talking about the min player speed threshold? I have that set at 0

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?

Well no wonder your running game is stuck in muck.... Dude your slider approach is like Microsoft Windows 8....

Borrow an idea here, borrow an idea there, wrap it around with some C language and Voila -
Windows 8; OS v_ _it (rhymes with Hobbit) for the masses! But I digress....

How good of a Madden player are you? Considering you have chosen All-John-M mode, I have to assume that your stick skills have some cred...

If so, you really should consider starting your slider solution from the penalty sliders and work up from there.... I hope to drop an All-John-M set soon, dunno if you have a plane to catch or if you can chill till I unwrap my brew.... Up to you....

At the very least, try to research/read up on the purpose and effect each slider has on game play.

The key is to understand the inter-dependencies of the sliders. For example, the FUM SLIDER does not just impact and influence the number of fumbles.

Hold on..... Try this for fun. This comes from my slider-witch theory manual on dealing with broken running games:

Lower punt catch interference and roughing the kicker a few clicks below 50... Lower false start and off-sides a few clicks below 50 with false start being higher in ratio to off-sides... lower clipping a few clicks below 50...lower holding to a few clicks below 50..... Raise facemask to a few clicks above 0... Drop RUNBLK to 0, and increase FUMSLIDER into the 80's ... CPU TKL may want to be set to 38, just sayin'

Don't control the HUM RB and watch how the run game starts to BREATHE...

Don't know specific slider levels to recommend because of the inter-dependency to other factors, including your true skill level (mine bites by the way...), but this has been ripped straight out of my manual from the page titled: BEAST MODE - HOW TO CREATE MARSHAWN FRANKEN-LYNCH

REFRESHING.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg beast mode.jpg (10.4 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-03-2014 at 02:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »