The Injury Slider - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The Injury Slider

This is a discussion on The Injury Slider within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You don't lose all your starters at that setting. What you actually see is a spike in players injured for a quarter or two or for the game with minor nagging injuries.

The fact is that most people say they want realism in sports games but when it comes to injuries they absolutely do not. They want a mostly healthy team for the whole season.

I'd encourage folks to check the injury reports and IR lists for their favorite teams. I root for OAK, and at the halfway mark or so they have 9 guys out or questionable for next week and 8 guys on the reserve/injured list.

That will never happen in Madden with a setting in the 50s, so I respectfully disagree with folks advocating for that range.
I do want realism and i do know teams in real life has like 8 or 9 players on injuries or even more. The problem is that madden doesn`t do injuries well and with a high injures setting like that you most likely will end up playing with Backup QB for both sides on most games, since in the madden, QB, WR and HB are the most injury prone.

IRL OL get a lot of injuries, in madden is none exist.

So while i would love to see realism in injuries i don`t want to end up playing with Backup QBs and 4 and 5 string WR because that doens`t happen in Real life either.

i aim to get the same amount of injuries the SIM has. That is my goal.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I do want realism and i do know teams in real life has like 8 or 9 players on injuries or even more. The problem is that madden doesn`t do injuries well and with a high injures setting like that you most likely will end up playing with Backup QB for both sides on most games, since in the madden, QB, WR and HB are the most injury prone.

So while i would love to see realism in injuries i don`t want to end up playing with Backup QBs and 4 and 5 string WR because that doens`t happen in Real life either.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I wish OL injuries were more prevalent. I keep only 8 in that group because I know I won't need extras.

I will say that at 70 I see lots of LB, DB, and DL go out for minimal time, which is nice. I also see the skill positions but not much in the OL dept.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

I had only played 2 games in my franchise before my friggin xbox broke and I had to sent it in for repair, but after the 2nd game I browsed every team's injury report and saw literally nothing. I was the only team with a listed injury.... not sure if it was just a glitch and the injured players weren't showing up or what. As far as in game injuries, what I don't like is that I only saw ppl w/ the ball getting hurt.... not realistic at all

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #12
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

The Injury Slider

Quote:

Reason OL and even DL don't get hurt is because for a player to get hurt u MOST have three active player at that specific position.

Edit: meaning 3 RT 3 RE 3 LG etc not just tackles not just defensive ends etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Reason OL and even DL don't get hurt is because for a player to get hurt u MOST have three active player at that specific position.

Edit: meaning 3 RT 3 RE 3 LG etc not just tackles not just defensive ends etc

I don`t think that is the reason. I believe it has something to do with The engine that weight more on the Tackler and tackled. Since OL rarley are tackled or tackle they rarely get injured.

ON pre season i got tons of OL and they are still not being injured.

Regarding the CPU teams they have a lot more injuries than my team on Default 50. This is why i think the value has to be higher, but i`m still playing with it. I started at 54 and i will go from there. As i said i want to even out Sim with In games.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don`t think that is the reason. I believe it has something to do with The engine that weight more on the Tackler and tackled. Since OL rarley are tackled or tackle they rarely get injured.

ON pre season i got tons of OL and they are still not being injured.

Regarding the CPU teams they have a lot more injuries than my team on Default 50. This is why i think the value has to be higher, but i`m still playing with it. I started at 54 and i will go from there. As i said i want to even out Sim with In games.
I have to agree with you on this. I only had 2 QBs to start the season in my Vikings CFM, Bridgewater got hurt in the first game and was out for 6 weeks so I was left with just Ponder. I had to sign a backup off the wire. Also, I run a 4-3 D but only had 4 total DTs on the roster and both starters went down for multiple weeks leaving me with only 2 DTs. So I don't think not having a certain number of players at a position is affecting injuries, at least not in my experience.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

It was the way of the past..so I assumed it continued with this gen..I have had only one OL hurt for any amount of time..and it fell under this situation hence I continued the belief..however above statements prove other wise..ohhh well. But at least they fix it for QB's! Lol

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

Posted in error

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »