The Injury Slider - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The Injury Slider

This is a discussion on The Injury Slider within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
MVP
 
booker21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Argentina
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You don't lose all your starters at that setting. What you actually see is a spike in players injured for a quarter or two or for the game with minor nagging injuries.

The fact is that most people say they want realism in sports games but when it comes to injuries they absolutely do not. They want a mostly healthy team for the whole season.

I'd encourage folks to check the injury reports and IR lists for their favorite teams. I root for OAK, and at the halfway mark or so they have 9 guys out or questionable for next week and 8 guys on the reserve/injured list.

That will never happen in Madden with a setting in the 50s, so I respectfully disagree with folks advocating for that range.
I do want realism and i do know teams in real life has like 8 or 9 players on injuries or even more. The problem is that madden doesn`t do injuries well and with a high injures setting like that you most likely will end up playing with Backup QB for both sides on most games, since in the madden, QB, WR and HB are the most injury prone.

IRL OL get a lot of injuries, in madden is none exist.

So while i would love to see realism in injuries i don`t want to end up playing with Backup QBs and 4 and 5 string WR because that doens`t happen in Real life either.

i aim to get the same amount of injuries the SIM has. That is my goal.
__________________
English, is not my first language.
booker21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
All Star
 
Trojan Man's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Huntsville, TX
Posts: 10,644
Re: The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I do want realism and i do know teams in real life has like 8 or 9 players on injuries or even more. The problem is that madden doesn`t do injuries well and with a high injures setting like that you most likely will end up playing with Backup QB for both sides on most games, since in the madden, QB, WR and HB are the most injury prone.

IRL OL get a lot of injuries, in madden is none exist.

So while i would love to see realism in injuries i don`t want to end up playing with Backup QBs and 4 and 5 string WR because that doens`t happen in Real life either.

i aim to get the same amount of injuries the SIM has. That is my goal.
Yeah, that's a fair point. I wish OL injuries were more prevalent. I keep only 8 in that group because I know I won't need extras.

I will say that at 70 I see lots of LB, DB, and DL go out for minimal time, which is nice. I also see the skill positions but not much in the OL dept.
Trojan Man is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: The Injury Slider

I had only played 2 games in my franchise before my friggin xbox broke and I had to sent it in for repair, but after the 2nd game I browsed every team's injury report and saw literally nothing. I was the only team with a listed injury.... not sure if it was just a glitch and the injured players weren't showing up or what. As far as in game injuries, what I don't like is that I only saw ppl w/ the ball getting hurt.... not realistic at all

itsOTTOmatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #12
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I do want realism and i do know teams in real life has like 8 or 9 players on injuries or even more. The problem is that madden doesn`t do injuries well and with a high injures setting like that you most likely will end up playing with Backup QB for both sides on most games, since in the madden, QB, WR and HB are the most injury prone.

IRL OL get a lot of injuries, in madden is none exist.

So while i would love to see realism in injuries i don`t want to end up playing with Backup QBs and 4 and 5 string WR because that doens`t happen in Real life either.

i aim to get the same amount of injuries the SIM has. That is my goal.

Reason OL and even DL don't get hurt is because for a player to get hurt u MOST have three active player at that specific position.

Edit: meaning 3 RT 3 RE 3 LG etc not just tackles not just defensive ends etc


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #13
MVP
 
booker21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Argentina
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Reason OL and even DL don't get hurt is because for a player to get hurt u MOST have three active player at that specific position.

Edit: meaning 3 RT 3 RE 3 LG etc not just tackles not just defensive ends etc


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don`t think that is the reason. I believe it has something to do with The engine that weight more on the Tackler and tackled. Since OL rarley are tackled or tackle they rarely get injured.

ON pre season i got tons of OL and they are still not being injured.

Regarding the CPU teams they have a lot more injuries than my team on Default 50. This is why i think the value has to be higher, but i`m still playing with it. I started at 54 and i will go from there. As i said i want to even out Sim with In games.
__________________
English, is not my first language.
booker21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
"I reckon so."
 
Last Gunfighter's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 845
Re: The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I don`t think that is the reason. I believe it has something to do with The engine that weight more on the Tackler and tackled. Since OL rarley are tackled or tackle they rarely get injured.

ON pre season i got tons of OL and they are still not being injured.

Regarding the CPU teams they have a lot more injuries than my team on Default 50. This is why i think the value has to be higher, but i`m still playing with it. I started at 54 and i will go from there. As i said i want to even out Sim with In games.
I have to agree with you on this. I only had 2 QBs to start the season in my Vikings CFM, Bridgewater got hurt in the first game and was out for 6 weeks so I was left with just Ponder. I had to sign a backup off the wire. Also, I run a 4-3 D but only had 4 total DTs on the roster and both starters went down for multiple weeks leaving me with only 2 DTs. So I don't think not having a certain number of players at a position is affecting injuries, at least not in my experience.
__________________
New Orleans SAINTS |LSU TIGERS |New York RANGERS

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Last Gunfighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: The Injury Slider

It was the way of the past..so I assumed it continued with this gen..I have had only one OL hurt for any amount of time..and it fell under this situation hence I continued the belief..however above statements prove other wise..ohhh well. But at least they fix it for QB's! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #16
Banned
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 5,575
Re: The Injury Slider

Posted in error
SECElit3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Top -