The Injury Slider - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The Injury Slider

This is a discussion on The Injury Slider within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #17
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0
The Injury Slider

I use 65 for injuries and fatigue and I see a nice balance of minor and major injuries.
I lost Calvin Johnson for 4 weeks, Matthew Stafford for 4 weeks, Jeremy Ross for 7 weeks, and Rashean Mathis for 5 weeks.
I got Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford back and then lost Golden Tate(8 weeks) and Reggie Bush(4 weeks) in the very next game.

I've also had Julius Thomas got out for 23 weeks with a complete PCL tear in an old CFM.
Fatigue plays a huge role in injuries.

OL are only injured if they're involved in a tackle.

Last edited by Davon_A_Brown; 10-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: The Injury Slider

This year I have played quite a few games now. I don't sim just play and I can say in all of the games I have played I have had 1 OL get hurt for longer than a few plays. It was on a trap play and a huge pile the C got a broken leg and was out for 10 or 11 weeks. I have had a few leave for a play or 2 but never OFG other than the broken leg guy.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
I use 65 for injuries and fatigue and I see a nice balance of minor and major injuries.
I lost Calvin Johnson for 4 weeks, Matthew Stafford for 4 weeks, Jeremy Ross for 7 weeks, and Rashean Mathis for 5 weeks.
I got Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford back and then lost Golden Tate(8 weeks) and Reggie Bush(4 weeks) in the very next game.

I've also had Julius Thomas got out for 23 weeks with a complete PCL tear in an old CFM.
Fatigue plays a huge role in injuries.

OL are only injured if they're involved in a tackle.
Are all those Lions injuries in the same season? That seems a little excessive
Old 10-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #20
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

The Injury Slider

Yes. Take a look at the Lions' injury report and I promise it won't seem that excessive.
We currently have six players out for the year with injuries.
Calvin Johnson is injured, all three of our starting TEs missed last week, and just a few weeks ago we had to depend on George Winn because Bush, Bell, and Riddick were hurt.
We also lost Nick Fairley last week.

Sucks to say, but injuries are quite prevalent in the NFL and it seems to be getting worse.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Yes. Take a look at the Lions' injury report and I promise it won't seem that excessive.
We currently have six players out for the year with injuries.
Calvin Johnson is injured, all three of our starting TEs missed last week, and just a few weeks ago we had to depend on George Winn because Bush, Bell, and Riddick were hurt.
We also lost Nick Fairley last week.

Sucks to say, but injuries are quite prevalent in the NFL and it seems to be getting worse.
Yeah I guess you're right. Just maybe thought the overall severity of them was a little over the top, not necessarily the frequency. And honestly if I had to pick between a little more injuries than not enough, I'd go with more cuz like you said IRL guys get hurt left and right in the NFL. Just wish we had practice squads and stuff to make everything more realistic in terms of depth

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
Yeah I guess you're right. Just maybe thought the overall severity of them was a little over the top, not necessarily the frequency. And honestly if I had to pick between a little more injuries than not enough, I'd go with more cuz like you said IRL guys get hurt left and right in the NFL. Just wish we had practice squads and stuff to make everything more realistic in terms of depth

I been calling for Practice Squad for years..however would have no effect on depth..due to the fact PS players aren't active that day and also need to be signed to 53 roster anyway..to be honest game now allows too many players active on game day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #23
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic

Yeah that's the problem. There are no lingering injuries, no game time decisions, no coming back early for a big game, etc. When a guy gets hurts it's set in stone how many weeks he'll be out right at the time of the injury.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #24
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Yeah that's the problem. There are no lingering injuries, no game time decisions, no coming back early for a big game, etc. When a guy gets hurts it's set in stone how many weeks he'll be out right at the time of the injury.
I wish the way EA conceptualized "injury" was more fluid, allowing for things like playing through nagging injuries, rushing returns vs. taking things slow, etc. Given that everyone in the NFL is playing through something by mid-season, this seems an important element to get right to increase realism and immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »