Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

This is a discussion on Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
Rookie

carlito1171's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

IDK...Im using sliders with low QB ACC, and my drafted QB with 93thp is still launching the ball down the field. Sometimes he gets overthrows on deep balls. Brees doesn't have a strong arm to begin with. How was your deep throws before changing the sliders?
Old 11-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1171
IDK...Im using sliders with low QB ACC, and my drafted QB with 93thp is still launching the ball down the field. Sometimes he gets overthrows on deep balls. Brees doesn't have a strong arm to begin with. How was your deep throws before changing the sliders?
Saw some overthrows, but I was using Stafford and Tannehill. I will have to check Brees's throwing power but he should be able to throw it more than 35 yards without underthrowing it.

I know that play now plays a little differently than CFM but I am going to get the play now sliders set so I can just pick up and play random games, then I'm going into CFM to tweak those.

I am sure I can get a play now set finished tonight.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm going to test it tonight. I think the key to the game is a mix of higher QBA in the 30-40 range and a lowering of the WR catch in the 30 to 40 range.

Most sliders I see have the QBA pretty low. I think this leads to the sack problem specifically around the goal line where everything gets jammed up in the reciver lanes and the AI doesn't know what to do.

I have also seen reducing the fumble slider paralyzes the AI. Its best to keep that at default.

Also, I think I'm going to have to up it to all-madden. The AI seems to really lack killer instinct on lower levels.

tRuE dAT .....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bro, true dat.jpg (41.7 KB, 117 views)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #12
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

If you raise the QB slider then deep ball will be better, however for the CPU and coach mode players, the pass distribution will go mostly to RBs and avgs will remain around 3-4 ypa. To solve this you need to reduce WR Catch as low as you can before drops become too many. It appears with WR Catch low, RBs aren't targeted as much and WR 1s & 2s are the most targeted.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Still need to do more testing. At 25 can definitely throw the deep ball. But you have to have time, I noticed that if there was any defenders closing in on the QB, it really affected the pass. I did complete a nice over the shoulder to fitzgerald.

Then I moved it down to 8 and Alex Smith was throwing wobblers down the field.

I am going to try to hone in on the lowest possible QBA number where deep balls are still there.

I went into practice mode and tried it out. It really varied from throw to throw with Matt Stafford. Sometimes it went 60 yards in the air, Other times around 40 to 45. It really depended on the time I was given to throw. If there is no pressure and you step into a throw where you basically tap the button you get alot of air and distance. If you hold the button too long its a line drive pass that doesn't get enough air to lead the reciver.

If you know you are going deep, its best to max protect.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #14
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Look at the ratings find the lowest accuracy rating amongst all QB's then use that as your starting point for the QBA slider...

Then do the same thing with the WR Catch rating but use the catch in traffic rating as your starting point for the Catch Slider.

You'll probably end up somewhere around QBA-65 and Catch-35.....

The Catch slider being set low will still allow for some passes to be off target because the radius of the WR will decrease.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Look at the ratings find the lowest accuracy rating amongst all QB's then use that as your starting point for the QBA slider...

Then do the same thing with the WR Catch rating but use the catch in traffic rating as your starting point for the Catch Slider.

You'll probably end up somewhere around QBA-65 and Catch-35.....

The Catch slider being set low will still allow for some passes to be off target because the radius of the WR will decrease.
OH my Playmaker! What's up my good QBA chart friend?

It's funny you say that because I just determined the sweet spot is QBA 64-66/WRC 36 and WRC must stay at 36 or above and QBA must be above 64 which is funny because that equals 100 which also changes the difficulty of the game as if it was 99 total, the difficulty would be easier.

Funny thing too is that these affect the running game and pretty much every other slider too.

These also appear to be the general avg of the CIT and QBA ratings.

For all those interested, the starting point can't be 65/35 because of all the drops by the CPU, but at 64/36 the drops are limited and then you can adjust UP from there to your liking.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #16
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
OH my Playmaker! What's up my good QBA chart friend?

It's funny you say that because I just determined the sweet spot is QBA 64-66/WRC 36 and WRC must stay at 36 or above and QBA must be above 64 which is funny because that equals 100 which also changes the difficulty of the game as if it was 99 total, the difficulty would be easier.

Funny thing too is that these affect the running game and pretty much every other slider too.

These also appear to be the general avg of the CIT and QBA ratings.

For all those interested, the starting point can't be 65/35 because of all the drops by the CPU, but at 64/36 the drops are limited and then you can adjust UP from there to your liking.
Good stuff man but still itching to see the full set!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »