Home

Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

This is a discussion on Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #33
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

Does anyone know if the following player weightings for overalls still hold true?

http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/20...ffect-ovr.html

Essentially, Awareness is most important for RT and RG; as well as C and LG. LT is Pass Blocking and then Awareness.. Seems a lot of Right side players lack the awareness needed, or their Pass Block and Run block is not considered as properly and they are short changed...

I am gonna try the FBG ratings for my Xbox One; I'll use the same Chargers vs Chiefs and see how the sacks turn out and how they are distributed.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #34
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Using the previous sliders I set out and playing with the FBG ratings, I got 1 sack from a CB blitz.

QB A.Smith 230 yds 68% 3TD 7.9 avg/att 53 yd lng
QB P.Rivers 202 yds 66% 0TD 5.6 avg/att 23 lng

KC J. Charles 23/169 yards 7.3 yds/carry
SD R.Mathews 13/27 yards 2.0 yds/carry
KC K.Davis 11/33 yards 3.0
SD Woodhead 3/19 yds 6.3 yds/carry

Chiefs 38 points
Chargers 10 points

the main differences between the default ratings rosters and the FBG ratings is the reduction in sacks and decline in completion percentage by about 10 percentage points, and the lopsidedness of the game...WIth the default roster ratings the sacks were crazy but i won like 27 to 20....

my conclusion now is to see what changes are done to the defensive left side players and the offensive right side players and maybe adjust a simple set of changes to fix the sack issue in the main EA rosters....As the evidence to me suggest that the issue with sacks is player rating/mathematical formula orientated, and since the coding cannot be adjusted by anyone here, the ratings can be.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-09-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #35
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The most prominent issue between FBG and default rosters is noticeable in the LB speed, strength, agility and acceleration ranges..

FBG LB speed Ranges for all LB's is about: 85-68
Default EA speed ranges for LB's is about: 90-73

and you get essentially the same 5 point different in the other main ratings between default and FBG ratings.....So the average 5 point difference of ratings in those main categories with the linebackers, appears, at face value, to make the biggest difference in sack....Default EA LB's are too fast, strong, agile, quick and aware...

The difference between FBG roster OL players and EA default OL players is nothing but a few points difference..The defensive lines of the FBG are generally lower in the main ratings too, compared to default EA ratings, about 5-6 points in each of the main categories....

EA Default defensive line and especially Linebackers need to be toned down...I think, as far as the scoring, the rest of the EA ratings are not as bad, as I got a better overall scoring game with default EA ratings; just more realistic sack results from the FBG rated DL and LB ratings...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The most prominent issue between FBG and default rosters is noticeable in the LB speed, strength, agility and acceleration ranges..

FBG LB speed Ranges for all LB's is about: 85-68
Default EA speed ranges for LB's is about: 90-73

and you get essentially the same 5 point different in the other main ratings between default and FBG ratings.....So the average 5 point difference of ratings in those main categories with the linebackers, appears, at face value, to make the biggest difference in sack....Default EA LB's are too fast, strong, agile, quick and aware...

The difference between FBG roster OL players and EA default OL players is nothing but a few points difference..The defensive lines of the FBG are generally lower in the main ratings too, compared to default EA ratings, about 5-6 points in each of the main categories....

EA Default defensive line and especially Linebackers need to be toned down...I think, as far as the scoring, the rest of the EA ratings are not as bad, as I got a better overall scoring game with default EA ratings; just more realistic sack results from the FBG rated DL and LB ratings...
How about strength and block shedding my man?
Old 11-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #37
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
How about strength and block shedding my man?
Strength of FBG:

LOLB = 75-48
LE = 78-51
DT = 93-51
RT = 89-50
RG = 87-58
----------------------------
Strength of Default:

LOLB = 86-62
LE = 94-66
DT = 97-75
RT = 93-79
RG = 90-77
---------------------------------

Blk Shed default:

LOLB = 88-63
LE = 90-64
DT = 95-65

Pass blk default:

RT = 89-69
RG = 87-71
-------------------------------------

Blk Shed FBG

LOLB = 77-53
LE = 80-58
DT = 86-62

Pass Blk FBG:

RT = 86-66
RG = 82-69
----------------------------------------

*Note: I truncated the top stragglers and bottom dwellers from each group to get the most consistent bulk of where the ratings stand.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-09-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Does anyone know if the following player weightings for overalls still hold true?

http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/20...ffect-ovr.html

Essentially, Awareness is most important for RT and RG; as well as C and LG. LT is Pass Blocking and then Awareness.. Seems a lot of Right side players lack the awareness needed, or their Pass Block and Run block is not considered as properly and they are short changed...

I am gonna try the FBG ratings for my Xbox One; I'll use the same Chargers vs Chiefs and see how the sacks turn out and how they are distributed.
I think a lot of issues with both of EA's football games out of the box is sometimes do to their own player ratings...

I personally try to stay away from their default ratings as much as possible...

FBG Rosters/Ratings have always made gameplay in both NCAA and Madden more organic for me

That's just my 2-cents

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »