Home

Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

This is a discussion on Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

I was playing around with the game last night and had QB accuracy at 10 and Drew Brees was underthrowing everything deep even when I stepped into it. It seems impossible to complete a deep throw in this game.

I had my WR with 2 steps on the DB and pushed up and tried to throw deep and the pass was way underthrown. it needed to be a good 5 or 7 yards farther to lead the receiver. It was only a 35 yard throw or so so it shouldn't have been an issue to lead that receiver.

Is this because the accuracy slider was reduced?

I will test it tonight, but wanted to ask the question so I can jump right in to testing some other items.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does QB Accuracy slider affect Affect arm strngth on Deep Balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I was playing around with the game last night and had QB accuracy at 10 and Drew Brees was underthrowing everything deep even when I stepped into it. It seems impossible to complete a deep throw in this game.

I had my WR with 2 steps on the DB and pushed up and tried to throw deep and the pass was way underthrown. it needed to be a good 5 or 7 yards farther to lead the receiver. It was only a 35 yard throw or so so it shouldn't have been an issue to lead that receiver.

Is this because the accuracy slider was reduced?

I will test it tonight, but wanted to ask the question so I can jump right in to testing some other items.

I had commented on this as well this past week on a different thread... In my experiences, I was able to identify the QB ACC slider as the culprit for this .... The upside is that it is one of the easier annoying issues to fix on M15...
Old 11-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
I had commented on this as well this past week on a different thread... In my experiences, I was able to identify the QB ACC slider as the culprit for this .... The upside is that it is one of the easier annoying issues to fix on M15...

So what's the fix? Raise the QB Acc?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So what's the fix? Raise the QB Acc?

At the present time that is exactly what I have done and I am able to lead my WR on deep bombs....

What I have not tested is the difference between QB's who are rated better for the long ball against those QB's to whom the long ball is not their strength....

I hate modding the sliders to the point where ALL QB's turn into Daryle Lamonica (the OG Mad Bomber) simply because of my mod settings....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg daryle lamonica.jpg (74.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 11-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
At the present time that is exactly what I have done and I am able to lead my WR on deep bombs....

What I have not tested is the difference between QB's who are rated better for the long ball against those QB's to whom the long ball is not their strength....

I hate modding the sliders to the point where ALL QB's turn into Daryle Lamonica (the OG Mad Bomber) simply because of my mod settings....

So where does the QB still have reasonable arm strength but can still be innacurate on short and mid length throws....My guess would be that its around 30 but probably still a little too accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

What are valid ranges then? 20-35? 50-75?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Oh...the enigma of madden.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

I'm going to test it tonight. I think the key to the game is a mix of higher QBA in the 30-40 range and a lowering of the WR catch in the 30 to 40 range.

Most sliders I see have the QBA pretty low. I think this leads to the sack problem specifically around the goal line where everything gets jammed up in the reciver lanes and the AI doesn't know what to do.

I have also seen reducing the fumble slider paralyzes the AI. Its best to keep that at default.

Also, I think I'm going to have to up it to all-madden. The AI seems to really lack killer instinct on lower levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »