Home

Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

This is a discussion on Thoughts on some sliders at extremes within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

That's cool then. We will have to agree to disagree on this. I think guys are analyzing the sliders way too much. I will say this for a fact. Raising the slider will prevent any fumbles from occurring in the game. Especially true, in regards to the FBG rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
That's cool then. We will have to agree to disagree on this. I think guys are analyzing the sliders way too much. I will say this for a fact. [b]Raising the slider will prevent any fumbles from occurring in the game. [\b]Especially true, in regards to the FBG rosters

That's not true. I have my fumble slider at 82 and I'm still seeing fumbles.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 11-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
That's cool then. We will have to agree to disagree on this. I think guys are analyzing the sliders way too much. I will say this for a fact. Raising the slider will prevent any fumbles from occurring in the game. Especially true, in regards to the FBG rosters

That must be the rosters you are using. I can guarantee that you will see fumbles still with it at 50. I'd love to have you over for a beer and talk sliders sometime and I will show you exactly what I am seeing.

I was skeptical at leaving the fumble slider high because on previous generations the fumble slider was for fumbles only. But now they don't have a RB ability slider and I swear its combined in the fumble slider. Where you have the tackle slider may play a factor in determining if there are fumbles or not because to some extent I think defensive run awareness and going for big hits and strips is tied to the tackle slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Just played as the Cardinals against the Bears. Forte fumbled twice with Tackling and Fumbles at 50, Floyd fumbled once and Palmer fumbled on a sack.

All Madden level play now.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #13
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Just raised my fumbles to 63 and had 2 in the next game.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32
Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

Well, it could absolutely be the rosters that I'm using. The FBG Ratings do a number on attributes, such as hit power, tackling, and strength. All of which I think plays into the fumbles setting.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #15
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

Bottom line is EAs sliders are broken. I too have encountered sweet spots like on roughing the passer, 1 click more than the sweet spot and its a flag fest. I do try penalties at default and at extremes to see what happens, but I don't test every click in between.

I know the holding slider is broken and doesn't work. In fact upping it seems to make them block less like they try to avoid the penalty causing more issues.

EA really needs to have one of the slider guys from OS come to their place, and show them exactly what is wrong and what sliders don't work.

I am sure the penalty sliders have an impact on gameplay, but to what extent is unknown. There could be some magic potion perfect combination, but to find it you'd have to test 5 games on every combination one click at a time. Good luck with that.

I am pretty sure EA doesn't even know what sliders do. A couple work, but most of them are broken, backwards, ore just placebo.

They need to be revamped and they need to have it where 0 means none and 100 means every play and let people adjust from there.

Just wanted to comment on your holding theory. Actually I get holding calls all the time such as a bomb I threw in my most recent game and the receiver caught it, but it got called back because of holding. Holding is set at 75.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Just wanted to comment on your holding theory. Actually I get holding calls all the time such as a bomb I threw in my most recent game and the receiver caught it, but it got called back because of holding. Holding is set at 75.
What system are you playing on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »