Home

Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

This is a discussion on Thoughts on some sliders at extremes within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I just tested pass block at 0. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Blitzes are overly successful. I think the key here is putting pass coverage below 50 and reaction pretty low as well.

2 things that cause sacks are the AI not wanting to throw a pick and not wanting to throw the ball away.

Try pass block at 0, run block at 0, QBA at 5 to 10, WR catch around 40, pass coverage 40, reaction at 10. Int at 50, Play on all Madden.

I'm not seeing too many sacks unless I'm blitz happy.
How often are you blitzing?

Try WR Catch at 99 and play with it for a game or two. QBs play smarter. To me it seems like the read the coverage better and move around in the pocket very realistically. I do Coach Mode and have yet to see the HUM controlled qb scramble. But the CPU QB will. Human Controlled QBs move up to the line of scrimmage and shuffles up into the pockets and hops until he gets tackled. Usually gains 1 yard. Never, ever does he turn upfield into lots of wide open space. I've just about talked myself into not feeling bad about occasionally controlling the QB and making him take off.

This is on All Madden.

I honestly think we should setup a series of Polls and have people vote on what they think each slider does. I think we have so many slider threads going and that's good. That's allowed plenty of testing. It's time we narrow this down, i think it's essential to fixing this game. It's the only way we can get some kind of definite answers.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #34
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I just tested pass block at 0. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Blitzes are overly successful. I think the key here is putting pass coverage below 50 and reaction pretty low as well.

2 things that cause sacks are the AI not wanting to throw a pick and not wanting to throw the ball away.

Try pass block at 0, run block at 0, QBA at 5 to 10, WR catch around 40, pass coverage 40, reaction at 10. Int at 50, Play on all Madden.

I'm not seeing too many sacks unless I'm blitz happy.
You guys are trying to eliminate one thing without keeping the game balanced. Too many things have to be sacrificed to fix sacks.

About what the sliders do, well hardly any of them really do anything, you're better off leaving everything at 0 besides QBA, WRC (CPU), PRC and PCV, even PRC is good at 0. I have tested these and it seems the entire difficulty of the game as well as how well the players perform is dependent on the sum totals of the sliders. So if you have QBA at 75 and WRC at 25, that is 100, which plays entirely different than if you have QBA at 50 and WRC at 35. The difference includes RBs, WR/CB interactions, Blocking and so on.

With QBA at 75, I avg 2-3 sacks per game. If I lower it to 45, I get 5-6 sacks per game. It sounds dumb, but that's what I've tested.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
You guys are trying to eliminate one thing without keeping the game balanced. Too many things have to be sacrificed to fix sacks.

About what the sliders do, well hardly any of them really do anything, you're better off leaving everything at 0 besides QBA, WRC (CPU), PRC and PCV, even PRC is good at 0. I have tested these and it seems the entire difficulty of the game as well as how well the players perform is dependent on the sum totals of the sliders. So if you have QBA at 75 and WRC at 25, that is 100, which plays entirely different than if you have QBA at 50 and WRC at 35. The difference includes RBs, WR/CB interactions, Blocking and so on.

With QBA at 75, I avg 2-3 sacks per game. If I lower it to 45, I get 5-6 sacks per game. It sounds dumb, but that's what I've tested.
Well that's right because QBA is also QB awareness. With QBA at 75 though every pass will be right on the money and the AI pass % will be too high because it will always find the open receiver.

You can have a high QBA but then you better have a high coverage and reaction or the AI will complete too many passes.

But I do think the AI is overall smarter with a higher QBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #36
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Well that's right because QBA is also QB awareness. With QBA at 75 though every pass will be right on the money and the AI pass % will be too high because it will always find the open receiver.

You can have a high QBA but then you better have a high coverage and reaction or the AI will complete too many passes.

But I do think the AI is overall smarter with a higher QBA.
I put WRC at 25, PRC at 5 and PCV at 95 and everything is fine. RGIII recently threw for 62%, so I'd say that's pretty good. Although there were drops by Alfred Morris and Jordan Reed, Garcon and Jackson didn't drop any. Also with PCV so high and Grounding at 0, the QB will throw the ball away under pressure and defenders will defend the ball, batting some down. There are also overthrows and such. I haven't seen a lot of problems besides the disparity from great QBs and poor QB's not being that great.

Try QBA 65 and WRC at 30, it's a little better but QBs don't act as aware as at 75.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
I put WRC at 25, PRC at 5 and PCV at 95 and everything is fine. RGIII recently threw for 62%, so I'd say that's pretty good. Although there were drops by Alfred Morris and Jordan Reed, Garcon and Jackson didn't drop any. Also with PCV so high and Grounding at 0, the QB will throw the ball away under pressure and defenders will defend the ball, batting some down. There are also overthrows and such. I haven't seen a lot of problems besides the disparity from great QBs and poor QB's not being that great.

Try QBA 65 and WRC at 30, it's a little better but QBs don't act as aware as at 75.
Are you getting any INT's from your AI teammates? What is your INT slider at? Are you using the same sliders for human and AI?

Are you playing on All-Maddden?

Its good to have these discussions because I know I don't have enough time to test every slider at every level and get a large enough of a sample by myself. Its best we all work together and try to get a consensus.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #38
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Funny I was also using Rushin and moved to Josh's but haven't seen any at 99..I think I had maybe one or twice once on Rushin..have u seen any difference in blocking with holding high to low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't played with it any lower than 75 as these are these are the 2 sets I have been rolling with since I got the game. I don't see much difference in the run game between 75 and 99.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 11-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #39
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Are you getting any INT's from your AI teammates? What is your INT slider at? Are you using the same sliders for human and AI?

Are you playing on All-Maddden?

Its good to have these discussions because I know I don't have enough time to test every slider at every level and get a large enough of a sample by myself. Its best we all work together and try to get a consensus.
I have INT at 0 and yes I do get them but without the DB being thrown in front of the ball. Admittedly there are a lot of drops by DBs but they don't catch particularly well in the first place.

I'm playing on All-Pro because All-Madden seems to have the AI take over, mostly in the 4th quarter.

I'm not using all the same sliders. I'll be posting my set soon for everyone to test and help fine tune.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »