Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

This is a discussion on Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #17
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Ya, the only downfall is if you keep penalties at 50 which produces the best games with these sliders, you might have 1 or 2 false starts per game but that's it. hey, who cares, if the games are good, who needs penalties?

Funny is that slider set took very little effort. It was just finding the lowest rating for each position relevant to that slider.

I would like to work on penalties though which could make it better.

Try the game with all at 99 except Facemask at 55, Intentional Grounding at 65, Roughing Passer at 80, False Start at 65 and Offsides at 90
The penalty sliders that I am using actually had the cpu draw me offsides. It wasn't me that jumped but when the cpu Qb gave the cadence he was able to draw the DE I was using over the line for a free play. Was a first for me seeing that. I am also seeing holding calls called more often. I have seen 2 In a game called and it's happening on a semi consistent basis I would say.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #18
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Ya, the only downfall is if you keep penalties at 50 which produces the best games with these sliders, you might have 1 or 2 false starts per game but that's it. hey, who cares, if the games are good, who needs penalties?

Funny is that slider set took very little effort. It was just finding the lowest rating for each position relevant to that slider.

Try the game with all at 99 except Facemask at 55, Intentional Grounding at 65, Roughing Passer at 80, False Start at 65 and Offsides at 90
I'm gonna give this a shot, unfortunately I probably won't have a chance to play until Friday. I'm gonna have to figure a way to get around this working thing...

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #19
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Offside - 85
False start - 95
Holding- 99
Face mask- 50
DPI- 85
OPI- 99
Kr/Pr int - 75
Clipping - 52
IG- 95
Roughing passer - 5
Roughing kicker - 100

This is where my penalties are set

Last edited by cedwebb; 11-09-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #20
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:

Dude penalties have never worked right. They are just another gameplay slider. Period. I've realized long ago that getting realistic penalties is not possible so why even try. If the gameplay is tight that's all I care about.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 11-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #21
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
False start - 95
Holding- 99
Face mask- 50
DPI- 85
OPI- 99
Kr/Pr int - 75
Clipping - 52
IG- 95
Roughing passer - 5
Roughing kicker - 100

Your penalties look like they would produce a low QB ypa due to the high OPI. So the targets would go mostly to the TE and RB. Is this not happening?

Also this looks like food for the sack issue. They just look a bit backwards to me but hey, this is Madden. I'll give'em a shot.

Edit: Were these penalties with the Idea #1 slider set?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #22
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Your penalties look like they would produce a low QB ypa due to the high OPI. So the targets would go mostly to the TE and RB. Is this not happening?

Also this looks like food for the sack issue. They just look a bit backwards to me but hey, this is Madden. I'll give'em a shot.

Edit: Were these penalties with the Idea #1 slider set?
Wait a second, you said "Try the game with all at 99 except Facemask at 55, Intentional Grounding at 65, Roughing Passer at 80, False Start at 65 and Offsides at 90", that would include OPI at 99. But here your saying it shouldn't be at 99??? I'm confused!?!?!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #23
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Wait a second, you said "Try the game with all at 99 except Facemask at 55, Intentional Grounding at 65, Roughing Passer at 80, False Start at 65 and Offsides at 90", that would include OPI at 99. But here your saying it shouldn't be at 99??? I'm confused!?!?!
Oops, I looked at that wrong, I saw the OPI at 99 but was thinking DPI lol. That's what I get for scanning the post.

If the DPI was 99, then it would produce the result I was talking about. Sorry about that.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #24
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
False start - 95
Holding- 99
Face mask- 50
DPI- 85
OPI- 99
Kr/Pr int - 75
Clipping - 52
IG- 95
Roughing passer - 5
Roughing kicker - 100

What about offsides?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »