Home

Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

This is a discussion on Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Ah I just saw the OP, I'll play a game now with them and give you the results, also I think the offside was on 55
Old 11-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #50
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Those games sound like a lot of fun. I haven't tested in player mode so not sure if there's a difference.

Yes, it feels nice to lose doesn't it lol? You did play that on All-Pro right?
Doesn't feel really different from coach mode except you control the one guy obviously. This was on All-Pro. I despise All-Madden. I'll play it if I have to but I would much rather not. Just always feels like there are to many "cheat" moments. If I lose I want to lose because I suck or the other team is just hands down better.

Just finished 3 more games with the updated penalties. 2 with the Broncos and I'm also using a QB on the Chiefs who just got a start because Alex Smith got injured. It got 2 wins and 1 complete beat down lol. So when I get a chance I'll have 5 boxscores to post. I'll try to get to it later tonight.

Edit: Check that. I see you updated the penalties again. I used the ones that look like Set 1 but OPI/DPI were really low. 1/29 I think.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 11-11-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #51
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Updated OP with new penalties and explanation.

Looks like we're rolling with this set, so I was thinking to just create its own slider thread to make it more organized. What do you guys think?
I think that's a good idea if you think these are close to final.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

Last edited by Last Gunfighter; 11-11-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #52
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

So, just looking for some clarification. The OP says "...it is safe to keep DPI above OPI..." but the penalties for both sets have OPI (63--99) above DPI (47--45), is that just a typo? Thanks man, looking forward to giving these a shot on Friday.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 11-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #53
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
So, just looking for some clarification. The OP says "...it is safe to keep DPI above OPI..." but the penalties for both sets have OPI (63--99) above DPI (47--45), is that just a typo? Thanks man, looking forward to giving these a shot on Friday.
Yes typo, thanks for catching that
Old 11-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #54
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Updated OP with new penalties and explanation.

Looks like we're rolling with this set, so I was thinking to just create its own slider thread to make it more organized. What do you guys think?

Absolutely! Which penalty set are you recommending to use with idea 1? This thread looks like its yielding good results id like to try them out. Trying to find a good sim with somewhat decent penalties. Ive never seen a set with qba at 66 but hell ill go for anything at this point. Every set i try i just off on something. Looks like you guys are on it!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #55
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Absolutely! Which penalty set are you recommending to use with idea 1? This thread looks like its yielding good results id like to try them out. Trying to find a good sim with somewhat decent penalties. Ive never seen a set with qba at 66 but hell ill go for anything at this point. Every set i try i just off on something. Looks like you guys are on it!
I haven't decided yet on the penalty set because the lower one produces mostly False Starts and Face Masks, whereas the higher one will get you some other penalties splashed in.

Offsides might need to come down to 54 though as it's pretty tough right now. Arian Foster get 2.8ypc with the occasional break for a long one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #56
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

As promised here are my boxscores from my last 5 games. Keep in mind I am playing as a player in my CFM. A HB for the Broncos and a QB for the Chiefs. Therefore I will only be giving the Hum Offensive Stats and CPU Defensive Stats because the rest is super simmed. Here we go:

Denver Broncos at New York Jets
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()70007
New York Jets ()0243027
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning18/25(72%)14114
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(my player)18784.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas5431
T Hovey5360
W Welker4290
D Thomas3190
A Caldwell1140
New York Jets
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D3 TFL042

Keep in mind I didn't realize I was the starting HB this game until it had already started so the Qtr Length was at 6 min instead of 9 min so I didn't get in enough plays but oh well.

Denver Broncos at San Francisco 49ers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()0147728
San Francisco 49ers ()00000
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning22/27(81%)21920
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(long of 61 yds)271595.91
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas3171
T Hovey8700
W Welker2120
D Thomas2321
E Sanders4640
C Latimer2230
San Francisco 49ers
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D12 TFL300

FYI the Broncos were actually the home team. I just didn't feel like retyping the players. Much better performance by Manning. As you can see by the TFL the 49ers were bringing it but we just kept grinding. Also it helped having Josj Johnson do nothing offensively for them. Smooth, easy win.

The next 3 games were all with the updated Set 1 penalty sliders except DPI/OPI was much lower. It was at 1/26.

Denver Broncos at San Diego Chargers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()01414028
San Diego Chargers ()07007
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning22/23(95%)29840
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(long of 12 yds)321304.10
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas4561
T Hovey2251
W Welker5610
D Thomas4761
E Sanders5630
C Latimer1100
J Tamme171
San Diego Chargers
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D5 TFL100

Broncos were home team here tas well. Can somebody say Holy-Manning. Dude was absolutely lights out this game. He could do no wrong. Dancing around the pocket, making plays, slinging the ball with mind boggling accuracy. He killed it. He also threw a beautiful 41 yard streak to D Thomas that was just a thing of beauty. That was the first time I saw Manning go deep so far. So with the God like passing performance it opened up the ground game and I had good success there too. Another solid win.

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()03003
New England Patriots ()7107024
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning6/8(75%)4800
Z Dysert14/19(73%)10601
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(long of 17 yds)251064.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas3200
T Hovey6480
W Welker3200
D Thomas6560
E Sanders
C Latimer2100
J Tamme
New England Patriots
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D6 TFL510

Well I felt pretty confident going into this game. Manning had put in back to back great games and the running game was humming along just fine. Now the Patriots had only lost 1 game and it was in Foxborough but still. Then Manning tears his shoulder in the 1st. Well damn. Dysert just couldn't get anothing going. He took 4 sacks and just looked uncomfortable all game. He had a respectable Comp % but look at the yards. That's only 5.6 YPA. Stifiled to say the least. Was having success running in the first half but it was almost as if New England dared Dysert to beat them and started stacking the box in the 2nd half. Could find almost no room. Was a tough road loss. On a side note it is kind of cool doing the player CFM because even though I was having a pretty good game I really couldn't do anything about it. I had to rely on my CPU teammates and they just couldn't hang.

New York Jets at Kansas City Chiefs
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New York Jets ()733821
Kansas City Chiefs ()01001424
New York Jets
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D0 TFL03
Kansas City Chiefs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A Hovey(my guy)16/25(64%)24713
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J Charles11484.42
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D Bowe5970
T Kelce3430
J Hemingway3430
J Charles3271
A Fasano1130
D Alexander1240

Couple things to note here. Like last time I didn't realize my QB was gonna start so I had it at 6 min qtrs instead of 9 min. I will probably bump it to 10 because they seem a little under on the play count. Also, poor, poor Alex Smith. The Chiefs were currently undefeated at 7-0 and Smith was having a career year. I knew I could upgrade my QB to make him better then Smith but since he was playing so well I decided to hold off tell the offseason or for whatever reason the team hit the skids. Wanted it to be more realistic. Then Smith went down. He's only out a couple weeks but I figured I need to make my QB as good as possible while he is out. I tried not to make my QB's Ovr better then Smith but I miss calculated and now they have the same Ovr which by default makes my guy better. So now even when Smith comes back he won't start lol. Talk about deja vu. I just Kaepernicked his *** lol. Anyways to the game. The 3 ints were on me. I haven't played QB in awhile and was a bit rusty. Once again the game felt good. I found a bit of a rythem and was able to make the come back and keep the Chiefs undeafeated. This team is pretty damn good. Might be able to make a deep playoff run with them.

So I will update my penalties to Set 1, go from there, and keep posting stats and feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »