Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

This is a discussion on Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #57
Pro
 
whosnext00's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
As promised here are my boxscores from my last 5 games. Keep in mind I am playing as a player in my CFM. A HB for the Broncos and a QB for the Chiefs. Therefore I will only be giving the Hum Offensive Stats and CPU Defensive Stats because the rest is super simmed. Here we go:

Denver Broncos at New York Jets
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()70007
New York Jets ()0243027
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning18/25(72%)14114
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(my player)18784.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas543
1
T Hovey536
0
W Welker429
0
D Thomas319
0
A Caldwell114
0
New York Jets
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D3 TFL042


Keep in mind I didn't realize I was the starting HB this game until it had already started so the Qtr Length was at 6 min instead of 9 min so I didn't get in enough plays but oh well.

Denver Broncos at San Francisco 49ers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()0147728
San Francisco 49ers ()00000
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning22/27(81%)21920
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(long of 61 yds)271595.91
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas317
1
T Hovey870
0
W Welker212
0
D Thomas232
1
E Sanders464
0
C Latimer223
0
San Francisco 49ers
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D12 TFL300


FYI the Broncos were actually the home team. I just didn't feel like retyping the players. Much better performance by Manning. As you can see by the TFL the 49ers were bringing it but we just kept grinding. Also it helped having Josj Johnson do nothing offensively for them. Smooth, easy win.

The next 3 games were all with the updated Set 1 penalty sliders except DPI/OPI was much lower. It was at 1/26.

Denver Broncos at San Diego Chargers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()01414028
San Diego Chargers ()07007
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning22/23(95%)29840
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(long of 12 yds)321304.10
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas456
1
T Hovey225
1
W Welker561
0
D Thomas476
1
E Sanders563
0
C Latimer110
0
J Tamme17
1
San Diego Chargers
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D5 TFL100


Broncos were home team here tas well. Can somebody say Holy-Manning. Dude was absolutely lights out this game. He could do no wrong. Dancing around the pocket, making plays, slinging the ball with mind boggling accuracy. He killed it. He also threw a beautiful 41 yard streak to D Thomas that was just a thing of beauty. That was the first time I saw Manning go deep so far. So with the God like passing performance it opened up the ground game and I had good success there too. Another solid win.

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos ()03003
New England Patriots ()7107024
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P Manning6/8(75%)4800
Z Dysert14/19(73%)10601
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T Hovey(long of 17 yds)251064.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J Thomas320
0
T Hovey648
0
W Welker320
0
D Thomas656
0
E Sanders



C Latimer210
0
J Tamme



New England Patriots
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D6 TFL510


Well I felt pretty confident going into this game. Manning had put in back to back great games and the running game was humming along just fine. Now the Patriots had only lost 1 game and it was in Foxborough but still. Then Manning tears his shoulder in the 1st. Well damn. Dysert just couldn't get anothing going. He took 4 sacks and just looked uncomfortable all game. He had a respectable Comp % but look at the yards. That's only 5.6 YPA. Stifiled to say the least. Was having success running in the first half but it was almost as if New England dared Dysert to beat them and started stacking the box in the 2nd half. Could find almost no room. Was a tough road loss. On a side note it is kind of cool doing the player CFM because even though I was having a pretty good game I really couldn't do anything about it. I had to rely on my CPU teammates and they just couldn't hang.

New York Jets at Kansas City Chiefs
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New York Jets ()733821
Kansas City Chiefs ()01001424
New York Jets
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D0 TFL03
Kansas City Chiefs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A Hovey(my guy)16/25(64%)24713
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J Charles11484.42
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D Bowe597
0
T Kelce343
0
J Hemingway343
0
J Charles327
1
A Fasano113
0
D Alexander124
0


Couple things to note here. Like last time I didn't realize my QB was gonna start so I had it at 6 min qtrs instead of 9 min. I will probably bump it to 10 because they seem a little under on the play count. Also, poor, poor Alex Smith. The Chiefs were currently undefeated at 7-0 and Smith was having a career year. I knew I could upgrade my QB to make him better then Smith but since he was playing so well I decided to hold off tell the offseason or for whatever reason the team hit the skids. Wanted it to be more realistic. Then Smith went down. He's only out a couple weeks but I figured I need to make my QB as good as possible while he is out. I tried not to make my QB's Ovr better then Smith but I miss calculated and now they have the same Ovr which by default makes my guy better. So now even when Smith comes back he won't start lol. Talk about deja vu. I just Kaepernicked his *** lol. Anyways to the game. The 3 ints were on me. I haven't played QB in awhile and was a bit rusty. Once again the game felt good. I found a bit of a rythem and was able to make the come back and keep the Chiefs undeafeated. This team is pretty damn good. Might be able to make a deep playoff run with them.

So I will update my penalties to Set 1, go from there, and keep posting stats and feedback.
Really appreciate brother. Those sound like some exciting games. I'm not too excited about the comp% or YPA but everything else looked great.

I recently changed the penalties to try and make up for the poor YPA. I'm still struggling a bit with the comp % though as I can get it down for the USER or CPU but not both lol.

Thanks again for the post and keep'em comin'!
whosnext00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #58
Rookie
 
Rickyfins75's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Offside - 85
False start - 95
Holding- 99
Face mask- 50
DPI- 85
OPI- 99
Kr/Pr int - 75
Clipping - 52
IG- 95
Roughing passer - 5
Roughing kicker - 100

This is where my penalties are set


Im using these penalties with idea 1 as is. Im actually seeing a good amount of penalties. Just played my first preseason game ive seen one holding, one face mask, two false starts and an unnecessary roughness at the sideline. I have a good feeling about offsides the way the qb fakes the snap makes my defense take a step like its a dice roll and i could get flagged at some point. It feels organic false start does too. Rushing attempts were low (early teens for both) and both backs hovered around a 100 yards (one big breakaway run each. Completions and percentage were good for starting qbs around 7 for 11 approx with 110 yards each and backups had approx 20/30 for 200 yards. These are all approx numbers. Flow of the game with idea one is phenomenal. Penalties feel close. Beat Atlanta 31-14. Sorry for not posting my results my one year old shut ofmy ps4 right after but im going to get it from the schedule and post it. Hope this helps at all. Im not starting my season until you guys finish penalties but damn i cant stay away from playing with this set its great!

Edit: total rush attemps were 23 for user 19 for cpu. My bad i was thinking of the starters. Preseason probably isnt a good gauge for this combo of idea 1 with cedwebbs penalties i was able to put it to the backups and pick them apart same with the Falcons CPU. They stayed competitive to the end but made costly mistakes late in the 4th. Cant wait to play more im havin a blast!

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 11-12-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Rickyfins75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #59
Pro
 
whosnext00's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Im using these penalties with idea 1 as is. Im actually seeing a good amount of penalties. Just played my first preseason game ive seen one holding, one face mask, two false starts and an unnecessary roughness at the sideline. I have a good feeling about offsides the way the qb fakes the snap makes my defense take a step like its a dice roll and i could get flagged at some point. It feels organic false start does too. Rushing attempts were low (early teens for both) and both backs hovered around a 100 yards (one big breakaway run each. Completions and percentage were good for starting qbs around 7 for 11 approx with 110 yards each and backups had approx 20/30 for 200 yards. These are all approx numbers. Flow of the game with idea one is phenomenal. Penalties feel close. Beat Atlanta 31-14. Sorry for not posting my results my one year old shut ofmy ps4 right after but im going to get it from the schedule and post it. Hope this helps at all. Im not starting my season until you guys finish penalties but damn i cant stay away from playing with this set its great!

Edit: total rush attemps were 23 for user 19 for cpu. My bad i was thinking of the starters. Preseason probably isnt a good gauge for this combo of idea 1 with cedwebbs penalties i was able to put it to the backups and pick them apart same with the Falcons CPU. They stayed competitive to the end but made costly mistakes late in the 4th. Cant wait to play more im havin a blast!
Glad you're enjoying the set. In all honesty though, it's hard to gauge any slider set in preseason.

It sounds like the game was easy for you? Maybe it's the penalties? I'll have to check out your penalties though and see what comes of it.

Please bare with me as I've been testing some other concepts at the same time. One being Pro mode because the animations are smoother than All-Pro, just can't get that level to be difficult at all.

The other being All-Pro with all sliders at 25 and all penalties at 100 to start. I've adjusted DPI/OPI so far and that goes 100/45. The game feels good and the stats are good with all at 25 on All-Pro.

Anyway, these tests are to determine if I'm just making the sliders more complicated than they are. One thing I have learned though is that no matter what sliders you have, the penalties will make or break them. Every slider set will need a different set of penalties to go with it in order for that set to work properly.

I will update the penalties for this set soon but in the meantime it sounds like everyone's having a lot of fun with Idea #1 so far.
whosnext00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #60
Rookie
 
Rickyfins75's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Glad you're enjoying the set. In all honesty though, it's hard to gauge any slider set in preseason.

It sounds like the game was easy for you? Maybe it's the penalties? I'll have to check out your penalties though and see what comes of it.

Please bare with me as I've been testing some other concepts at the same time. One being Pro mode because the animations are smoother than All-Pro, just can't get that level to be difficult at all.

The other being All-Pro with all sliders at 25 and all penalties at 100 to start. I've adjusted DPI/OPI so far and that goes 100/45. The game feels good and the stats are good with all at 25 on All-Pro.

Anyway, these tests are to determine if I'm just making the sliders more complicated than they are. One thing I have learned though is that no matter what sliders you have, the penalties will make or break them. Every slider set will need a different set of penalties to go with it in order for that set to work properly.

I will update the penalties for this set soon but in the meantime it sounds like everyone's having a lot of fun with Idea #1 so far.


Definitely! I cant wait to see the final set(s) you come up with. Please check out what im using they play great and competitive the cpu plays random and solid. Like any drive they have the potential to score never once i let my guard down. Too many sets make me either overconfident the cpu will stall a drive 4 out of 5 drives which isnt fun i want to be immersed like im not going through the motions and knowing whats coming. They other thing ive seen is the RoboQB destroying me up and down the field with college numbers. When you plug in a set it takes about a quarter to know theyre good. Then youre cheesing the other 3 as your watching all the accurate stats, penalties coming in regularly and if your lucky a jaw dropper aka something awesome you havent seen before that renews your hope in this game. They feel like a couple ticks in the right spots they could be top notch i just dont know where. Ill try out all at 25/100. Btw what are you using for Opi/api is opi 100 or 45? Just wanna be sure i saw there was a typo before

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 11-13-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Rickyfins75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #61
Pro
 
whosnext00's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Definitely! I cant wait to see the final set(s) you come up with. Please check out what im using they play great and competitive the cpu plays random and solid. Like any drive they have the potential to score never once i let my guard down. Too many sets make me either overconfident the cpu will stall a drive 4 out of 5 drives which isnt fun i want to be immersed like im not going through the motions and knowing whats coming. They other thing ive seen is the RoboQB destroying me up and down the field with college numbers. When you plug in a set it takes about a quarter to know theyre good. Then youre cheesing the other 3 as your watching all the accurate stats, penalties coming in regularly and if your lucky a jaw dropper aka something awesome you havent seen before that renews your hope in this game. They feel like a couple ticks in the right spots they could be top notch i just dont know where. Ill try out all at 25/100. Btw what are you using for Opi/api is opi 100 or 45? Just wanna be sure i saw there was a typo before
Is this set creating the immersive or predictable affect for you?

OPI/DPI is both sets on the OP. Currently I'm testing DPI: 11/ OPI: 11, really interesting and brings the QB comp% way down for both sides.
whosnext00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #62
Rookie
 
Rickyfins75's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Is this set creating the immersive or predictable affect for you?

OPI/DPI is both sets on the OP. Currently I'm testing DPI: 11/ OPI: 11, really interesting and brings the QB comp% way down for both sides.


Very much immersive at the moment. Waiting to see what you come up with. Btw i love the slider log it helped me better understand sliders and what they do.
Rickyfins75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Top -