Home

Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

This is a discussion on Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

As some of you may know, I'll be soon releasing a set of sliders that I've been working on. Until that time though and even after, I have a few ideas that I would like you guys to test out.

All of these are on All-Pro, Normal Speed, 15 min/15 sec. I will not use All-Madden mode because the AI interferes too much.

Speed is a huge factor in Madden and has been for years, so Threshold at 0 is the ONLY setting I use period.

Idea #1 - See penalties

With this set we will use the lowest rating for each eligible position related to that slider. Now I very well could be wrong on some of these, so please comment about it.

QBA: 66/66 - Lowest QB Throwing Accuracy rating
Pass Blocking: 44/44 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Pass Block rating
WRC: 39 - Lowest HB/WR/TE Catch In Traffic rating
Run Blocking: 55 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Run Block rating
Fumbles: 50 - Lowest QB/HB/FB/WR/TE Carry rating
Pass Reaction: 33 - Lowest DL/LB/CB/FS/SS Play Recognition rating
INT: 33 - Same as above
Pass Coverage: 40 - Lowest LB/CB/FS/SS Man Coverage rating
Tackle: 33 - Lowest Defensive Tackle rating
Injury: 50 - Lowest NFL Injury rating
Fatigue: 55 - Lowest NFL Stamina rating

Here are the current penalties I'm testing. These will change so check back. There are two sets, so please try both and report back with stats and which one you liked better in terms of gameplay.

Making edits: Offside, False Start and Holding all interact with each other to create your running game and to control sacks. Raising Offside will also create more hurried throws and hence less completions. Since IG is at 80, this isn't a problem because the QB has the awareness to get rid of the ball, creating less sacks. OPI does NOT create deep balls or the ability to overthrow, that is determined by your QBs arm strength. With that said, it is safe to keep OPI above DPI which will help control comp%, cause INTs and make passing windows a bit smaller. I have yet to adjust Rough Passer or Kicker.

Set 1 -- Set 2
Offside: 55 -- 99
False Start: 50 -- 94
Holding: 50 --96
Facemask: 55 -- 55
DPI: 47 -- 45
OPI: 63 -- 99
KR/PR: 50 -- 66
Clipping: 50 -- 33
Int Grounding: 80 -- 80
RP: 50 -- 50
RK: 50 -- 50

Idea #2

With this set, we will do the same as the above set except we will use the maximum rating. I know this looks far from ideal, but try it, you will get some crazy games.

QBA: 97/97 - Lowest QB Throwing Accuracy rating
Pass Blocking: 98/98 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Pass Block rating
WRC: 98 - Lowest HB/WR/TE Catch In Traffic rating
Run Blocking: 99 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Run Block rating
Fumbles: 99 - Lowest QB/HB/FB/WR/TE Carry rating
Pass Reaction: 99 - Lowest DL/LB/CB/FS/SS Play Recognition rating
INT: 99 - Same as above
Pass Coverage: 98 - Lowest LB/CB/FS/SS Man Coverage rating
Tackle: 99 - Lowest Defensive Tackle rating
Injury: 99 - Lowest NFL Injury rating
Fatigue: 99 - Lowest NFL Stamina rating

Idea #3

In this set we will use the AVERAGE for each positions combined ratings as they relate to the relevant slider.

QBA: 83/83 (Starters Only) - SAC/MAC/DAC, 3 ratings x 32 teams divided by 96

If anyone wants to put together the rest, that would be terrific.

Penalties

I haven't decided what to do with these yet.

It doesn't make sense for penalties NOT to affect sliders.

Take Intentional Grounding for example. Why would you want to hurt your QBs awareness or make it too good?

False Start and Holding is likely to affect your OLs Impact Blocking rating

Offsides probably affects Pursuit and Play Recognition

Face Mask, as I'm sure you're all aware, affects the Tackle and Hit Power ratings

DPI and OPI both affect Awareness, Spectacular Catch and Catch In Traffic

PCI probably just affect awareness

Clipping affects Tackle, Hit Power and all Blocking ratings

Roughing Passer I'm sure affects Pursuit, Play Recognition and Hit Power. This is probably also true for Roughing Kicker

Now what does all this mean and how can we put this into a set of numbers that makes sense to Madden? Honestly, I have no idea... yet

With the help of the OS community, we will figure it out and what's funny is that we're probably just over-complicating it.

The holy grail is probably all penalties at 99 and the sliders at All-Pro default. Nobody will try this though cause it's too easy, ha.

Ok, please do some testing on these, let us know your results and if these ideas are totally dumb.

Last edited by whosnext00; 11-11-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2014, 11:18 PM   #2
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

I like the ideas. I've always been a numbers guy and I'd like to think there is a rhyme and reason to these sliders to makes things work. Back 5 or 6 years ago I did a set that changed based on the player attributes of each team weekly(DanSF came up with the idea).

Anyways I'd love to help but I have almost no time to play so I've just been doing a player cfm (QB and HB). I wouldn't be able to give u the full picture but at least a certain aspect. Keep it up though. I love this stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 AM   #3
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
As some of you may know, I'll be soon releasing a set of sliders that I've been working on. Until that time though and even after, I have a few ideas that I would like you guys to test out.

All of these are on All-Pro, Normal Speed, 15 min/15 sec

Speed is a huge factor in Madden and has been for years, so Threshold at 0 is the ONLY setting I use period.

Idea #1

With this set we will use the lowest rating for each eligible position related to that slider. Now I very well could be wrong on some of these, so please comment about it.

QBA: 66/66 - Lowest QB Throwing Accuracy rating
Pass Blocking: 44/44 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Pass Block rating
WRC: 39 - Lowest HB/WR/TE Catch In Traffic rating
Run Blocking: 55 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Run Block rating
Fumbles: 50 - Lowest QB/HB/FB/WR/TE Carry rating
Pass Reaction: 33 - Lowest DL/LB/CB/FS/SS Play Recognition rating
INT: 33 - Same as above
Pass Coverage: 40 - Lowest LB/CB/FS/SS Man Coverage rating
Tackle: 33 - Lowest Defensive Tackle rating
Injury: 50 - Lowest NFL Injury rating
Fatigue: 55 - Lowest NFL Stamina rating

Idea #2

With this set, we will do the same as the above set except we will use the maximum rating. I know this looks far from ideal, but try it, you will get some crazy games.

QBA: 97/97 - Lowest QB Throwing Accuracy rating
Pass Blocking: 98/98 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Pass Block rating
WRC: 98 - Lowest HB/WR/TE Catch In Traffic rating
Run Blocking: 99 - Lowest TE/FB/OL Run Block rating
Fumbles: 99 - Lowest QB/HB/FB/WR/TE Carry rating
Pass Reaction: 99 - Lowest DL/LB/CB/FS/SS Play Recognition rating
INT: 99 - Same as above
Pass Coverage: 98 - Lowest LB/CB/FS/SS Man Coverage rating
Tackle: 99 - Lowest Defensive Tackle rating
Injury: 99 - Lowest NFL Injury rating
Fatigue: 99 - Lowest NFL Stamina rating

Idea #3

In this set we will use the AVERAGE for each positions combined ratings as they relate to the relevant slider.

QBA: 83/83 (Starters Only) - SAC/MAC/DAC, 32 teams multiplied by 96

If anyone wants to put together the rest, that would be terrific.

Penalties

I haven't decided what to do with these yet.

It doesn't make sense for penalties NOT to affect sliders.

Take Intentional Grounding for example. Why would you want to hurt your QBs awareness or make it too good?

False Start and Holding is likely to affect your OLs Impact Blocking rating

Offsides probably affects Pursuit and Play Recognition

Face Mask, as I'm sure you're all aware, affects the Tackle and Hit Power ratings

DPI and OPI both affect Awareness, Spectacular Catch and Catch In Traffic

PCI probably just affect awareness

Clipping affects Tackle, Hit Power and all Blocking ratings

Roughing Passer I'm sure affects Pursuit, Play Recognition and Hit Power. This is probably also true for Roughing Kicker

Now what does all this mean and how can we put this into a set of numbers that makes sense to Madden? Honestly, I have no idea... yet

With the help of the OS community, we will figure it out and what's funny is that we're probably just over-complicating it.

The holy grail is probably all penalties at 99 and the sliders at All-Pro default. Nobody will try this though cause it's too easy, ha.

Ok, please do some testing on these, let us know your results and if these ideas are totally dumb.
This sounds like something that a true slider tester would enjoy this project , Whistle Whistle
Old 11-09-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the sound of Idea #1 and #3...Will see what I can get done there...
Old 11-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #5
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

COACH MODE CFM Using Idea #1 Jets 20 Bears 19 Geno 30-40-267-75%-2TD-AYPA-6.6-Long Pass 20, Rushing Ivory 29-106-AVG-3.6-1TD, Johnson 2-16, Jets D 5 Sacks 1 INT, Bears Cutler 30-40-370-75%-1TD-1INT-AYPA-9,2-Long Pass 61, Rushing Forte 12-56-AVG-4.6-1TD, Cutler 2-5 , Bears D 1 Sack Total Sacks 5 Total Fumbles 2 Total INT 1, Total Drops 4 , Total Penalty"s 1 false start, Total Plays 131, All Pro , Normal 15 min 15 sec , Default Penalty

Last edited by HC0023; 11-09-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 02:49 AM   #6
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

YAY, I think I'm done searching for a slider set. I've been playing Idea #1 for about 3 games now and have had nothing to complain about, I loved almost everything I saw gameplay-wise.

Never saw before: Andre Johnson triple covered in the corner of the end zone, Fitz lobs it up and AJ leaps over the 3 defenders catching it for a score. That was a thing of beauty.

I'll be posting some stats on these games soon as I get a chance.

So with all that said, the sliders themselves are great, I love'em. Now it's all about adjusting penalties because.

I played 3 games, 1 with penalties at 99, another with them at 1 and another with them at 50. The game with 99 and 50 were the best and the one with the all at 50 was awesome. My only gripe is too many runs. With penalties at 1 the CPU passed a lot, 50 or above and they run way too much. I wish I knew which specific slider is affecting this so I can move only that one down.

I saw lots of passes thrown of the back foot trying to escape from pressure, that was cool.

Anyway, try Idea #1 with all penalties at 50.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:36 AM   #7
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Ok guys, this is about the best game I have ever played on Madden. I'm excited to play my next one.

One thing to note. A lot of the yards and all but 1 sack came in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter during no-huddle offense by both teams. I won by 2 TD's because in the final 1 minute I recovered a fumble for a TD as they were driving at my 10 yard line about ready to score and tie the game. I'm also not mad about Arian Foster having a 6.4avg against the Raiders. I love that Justin Tuck got 3 sacks, he's suppose to shine in that defense (all late in 4th quarter).

The CPU did run too much and that has to do with the penalties. Will get to that later.

Houston Texans at Oakland Raiders
Nov 9, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Houston Texans ()1077731
Oakland Raiders ()703717
Team Stats Comparison

HOUOAK
Total Offense292387
Rushing Yards125156
Passing Yards167231
First Downs1619
Punt Return Yards145
Kick Return Yards1576
Total Yards321468
Turnovers03
3rd Down Converstion6-1311-18
4th Down Conversion0-00-2
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/12/0
Penalties1-52-10
Posession Time26:3933:21
Houston Texans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Ryan Fitzpatrick (6.9avg, 26 long)18/3020820
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Arian Foster (22 long)191226.41
Alfred Blue393.00
Ryan Fitzpatrick3-6-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
C.J. Fiedorowicz57114.20
Deandre Hopkins56312.61
Andre Johnson4379.21
Ryan Griffin22613.00
Jay Prosch155.00
Arian Foster166.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
All OL25
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Brian Cushing13100
Kendrick Lewis9000
D.J. Swearinger6001 (FR)
JJ Watt5000
Johnathan Joseph4000
Daniel Manning3000
Jared Crick2100
Brooks Reed3100
Jason Ankrah1100
Oakland Raiders
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Derek Carr (6.8avg, 44 long)23/3624710
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Darren McFadden271104.00
Latavius Murray4297.21
Maurice Jones-Drew3175.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Darren McFadden7537.50
James Jones4369.01
Kembrall Thompkins36521.60
Brian Leonhardt22613.00
Denarius Moore22211.00
Marcell Reece2126.00
Rod Streater11010.00
Andre Holmes155.00
David Ausberry11818.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
All OL33
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Tyvon Branch7000
Justin Tuck6300
Tarell Brown5100
Ray Ray Armstrong5100
Nick Roach4000
Khalil Mack3000
Antonio Smith3200

Ok so the penalties have a lot to do with the success and failure of these sliders. We need to mess around with those without changing any of the other sliders.

Anyway, cool fun and challenging game. Think I'm keeping these.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Your stats look pretty good. Keep testing and see if they hold up over 5-10 games with various teams.

11 sacks is still an issue, but like you said, maybe tweaks to the penalty sliders can help some of that. That is alot of sacks, but if it is the exception rather than the norm, then ok. I guess see what happens in more games.

Personally, I don't think there is any combination of sliders and penalty tweaks that can alleviate the sack problem all together. It does require a code tweak by EA to their QB logic. But maybe it can be brought down to 4-7 a game which I think most people would live with at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »