whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone. - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone.

This is a discussion on whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #17
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I still find weird things happen with blocking when Pass blocking or run locking is above zero. usually the right guard is the culprit who seems to slide out of the play for no reason; the left giard on pulls to the right will miss the nearest threat; and I have watch the left tackles slide along the LOS to the RG position....smh
You are right and as much as it pains me to do so, I might have to put blocking at 0 and adjust the penalties to compensate for the change in sacks, hurries and the running game.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OP updated with pending changes for any who want to test those.

Once I figure out what every penalty slider does, I will take the avg from the related position(s) and test those.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

How are you liking the changes? Are the ones in red recommended for use now or still a WIP? Also which opi/dpi combo do you like so far?
Old 11-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
How are you liking the changes? Are the ones in red recommended for use now or still a WIP? Also which opi/dpi combo do you like so far?
So far I'm sticking with 10/10 but haven't had time to test much so the changes are still pending. Feel free to give them a go.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
So far I'm sticking with 10/10 but haven't had time to test much so the changes are still pending. Feel free to give them a go.
Ok, so I played a few with the setting from the OP including DPI/OPI at 90/10. I also used the 0/0 PB/RB, the IG 65, however I did leave the QBA at 66/66.

The first game I played (Vikes(me) vs Panthers), first play of the first series my RE rolls in barely touched by the LT and drills Cam, he just gets it off, incomplete. Next play, run right, TFL. 3rd down, LG moves outside to help LT and RB block the DE??? Blitzing Nickel Back shoots though giant hole left by LG, sack. I'm thinking "here we go, same old thing". SMH

But things settled down after that. I thought the running game felt really good, with pretty good averages including some stuffed plays as well as some fairly good gains but nothing big.

Overall sacks were pretty good, only averaging about 4 a game for me and completion % around 70-75%, not bad.

The issue is with the passing game for both CPU and user though, it was anemic with both teams only averaging about 115-150 yards a game and low AYP. The WR/DB interactions were very good and I saw some cool animations I haven't seen before but the defense I think is just too suffocating. The good thing was that it wasn't DBs ballhawking everything or warping to the ball, it just looked like really good coverage all the time.

There was one weird animation I kept seeing. It was weird in that I have seen the animation before but the location of it was weird. For whatever reason the falling out of bounds sideline catch animation would trigger odd places on the field, like 10-15 yards inbounds. Really strange to see guys making a catch that far in bounds and doing the toe drag and fall down.

I'm going to try the DPI/OPI at 10/10 and see if things open up and the weird animations stop.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Ok, so I played a few with the setting from the OP including DPI/OPI at 90/10. I also used the 0/0 PB/RB, the IG 65, however I did leave the QBA at 66/66.

The first game I played (Vikes(me) vs Panthers), first play of the first series my RE rolls in barely touched by the LT and drills Cam, he just gets it off, incomplete. Next play, run right, TFL. 3rd down, LG moves outside to help LT and RB block the DE??? Blitzing Nickel Back shoots though giant hole left by LG, sack. I'm thinking "here we go, same old thing". SMH

But things settled down after that. I thought the running game felt really good, with pretty good averages including some stuffed plays as well as some fairly good gains but nothing big.

Overall sacks were pretty good, only averaging about 4 a game for me and completion % around 70-75%, not bad.

The issue is with the passing game for both CPU and user though, it was anemic with both teams only averaging about 115-150 yards a game and low AYP. The WR/DB interactions were very good and I saw some cool animations I haven't seen before but the defense I think is just too suffocating. The good thing was that it wasn't DBs ballhawking everything or warping to the ball, it just looked like really good coverage all the time.

There was one weird animation I kept seeing. It was weird in that I have seen the animation before but the location of it was weird. For whatever reason the falling out of bounds sideline catch animation would trigger odd places on the field, like 10-15 yards inbounds. Really strange to see guys making a catch that far in bounds and doing the toe drag and fall down.

I'm going to try the DPI/OPI at 10/10 and see if things open up and the weird animations stop.
Sounds good. ya, that's sort of what I expected with 90/10, so to mitigate, maybe move it from 90 to 60. I'm just afraid 10/10 is too wide open but we'll see how it goes. But yes you are right, DPI is best at higher settings while WRs are weaker.

That's great news about the coverage.

As for the comp %, give the test settings a shot. It should even things out. 70% is pretty high still, even for Aaron Rodgers on a consistent basis.

Did you notice much of a difference in the game with Blocking at 0/0 as opposed to the other setting?

Thanks for testing, it really helps
Old 11-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #23
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

So, in regards to OPI & DPI the lower these settings the more conservative the WR's and DB's, passive so to speak, the play? Thus the higher, above 50 the rating is in OPI & DPI, the more aggressive?

I think I confused myself at some point. My apologies...
Old 11-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #24
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
So, in regards to OPI & DPI the lower these settings the more conservative the WR's and DB's, passive so to speak, the play? Thus the higher, above 50 the rating is in OPI & DPI, the more aggressive?

I think I confused myself at some point. My apologies...
DPI higher = more aggressive
OPI higher = less aggressive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »