whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone. - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone.

This is a discussion on whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #41
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have been thinking along the lines of how programmers may program the game, and that the programmers would use particular numbers that create more of an effect to the game while other numbers in between do little to nothing as they are not computed the same or mess with the game engine...

I have determined to trying settings of 100, 75, 50 and 25; those have long been the main slider numbers for years to determine game play - M15 separating the sliders between skill level, I assume, didn't result in a change of the key slider rating points...Yes? No? Am I way off?
The change in skill level didn't affect the sliders. In the past they simply made Pro 75/25 to make the game easier for you. You can do the exact same thing yourself and there will be no difference.

This is a point that I brought up in my Rated CM sliders as those sliders all add up to one of the default values (ie: 0/25/50/75/100). For User I used the 25 default values and for CPU I used 50, meaning the first group, QBA/PBL/WRC all add up to 150 and will remain so regardless of what sliders are changed. I won't go into it here but I wrote and entire post on why sliders should stay within the default values in order to have less AI interference.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #42
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
The change in skill level didn't affect the sliders. In the past they simply made Pro 75/25 to make the game easier for you. You can do the exact same thing yourself and there will be no difference.

This is a point that I brought up in my Rated CM sliders as those sliders all add up to one of the default values (ie: 0/25/50/75/100). For User I used the 25 default values and for CPU I used 50, meaning the first group, QBA/PBL/WRC all add up to 150 and will remain so regardless of what sliders are changed. I won't go into it here but I wrote and entire post on why sliders should stay within the default values in order to have less AI interference.
I understand the keeping in the total number per section; I am not particularly saying to keep say penalty slider at 550 total points, but that any slider should be set at 25, 50, 75 or 100 for best results, and that anything off those marks will have little effect or an extreme effect that sends the game into a tail spin.

For example - right now I have QB Acc and WR Catch at 100, but Pass Blocking at 25, for a total of 225 points; then I have Run blocking at 25 and Fumbles at 75, for a grand total of 325 points, instead of the default 250 points in the offensive slider group.

Right now I am seeing an explosive CPU, but then I can use the penalty sliders to dial in, fine tune from there; I guess I am doing things backwards from some slider workers as I am working on the game play sliders first and using the penalty sliders as the fine tuners. I do not care about creating a proper number of penalties, I use the penalty sliders only for their effects on game play..

Either way this may lead me to great sliders, or more than likely a heavy dependence on alcohol and prescription drug abuse...LMAO j/k

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-15-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #43
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Yes about the comp%, this is why I am converting the QBA over to the QBA average from the QBA chart. For user, the QBA will never be over 26 if you use the chart but the default anyway is 23/77. Give that a shot and if you liked the way the rest of the game played then I think you'll be happy with this last change.

Q: a DPI/OPI setting of 90/10 would cause aggressive DB's and also aggressive WR's correct? For lack of a better term this could be referred to as the "DB/WR battle setting"?

A: Yes, that would be a good way to look at it.

@Steelers4190 - I'll be changing injuries to 51, hopefully that will solve the issue.
One more game withe the original Sliders on pg 1

Kansas City Chiefs at Seattle Seahawks
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Kansas City Chiefs (Home Team)3701020
Seattle Seahawks ()03003
Kansas City Chiefs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A Hovey24/33(72%)27512
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J Charles20472.30
D Thomas23417.00
A Sherman
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D Bowe66510.80
D Alexander
J Hemingway4307.50
D Avery15555.01
T Kelce68414.00
Seattle Seahawks
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team D7 TFL120

Tight game. Seattle's D was tough. Made a couple bonehead throws in the redzone for ints. Love how this game felt.

Next 2 games I will lower QBA to 23/77 and see how that goes. Good stuff.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 11-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #44
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
If all your games are close, then you certainly need to use DPI/OPI at 10/10. I don't know how you can have a low scoring game with that setting.
Yeah, IDK about 10/10, haven't gotten there yet but every game seems to be tight and low scoring no matter what sliders I use, and 60/10 just made weird stuff happen. Should I have changed something else when I moved DPI from 90 to 60? Maybe I'm just really good on D and suck on offense? I guess my next step is trying 10/10.

Anyway, the last game I played (on 60/10) ended 9-7, a safety by me being the difference. Completion % was pretty good at 50%/70% for the User/CPU, both sides threw 3 picks, passing yards were low, 109/119 though. Sacks were good 2/4 for the User/CPU. One other thing, 5 false starts on the CPU, none on me.

I tired these out on Pro (DPI/OPI at 10/10) and I see what you mean about the animations, the game seems much more fluid and smooth, with a nice variety of animations. I think this was especially noticeable in the run game, I don't think I saw any of the rag doll ballcarrier with is arm twisted behind his back, which is awesome because I hate that! The game was a lot more open, possibly the most scoring I've seen, LOL. Ended 37-24 me but did feel a little less competitive. One thing I noticed immediately was the WR aggression, they went after everything and made catches I have never seen before. The kind of catches I have been yelling at the TV about since getting Madden, wondering why my receivers never seem to make a play on the ball, they just run their route and if you don't hit them in the hands they don't even try for the ball. On Pro I saw receives going up and battling for the ball, making one hand grabs behind them, picture perfect sideline grabs, it was a thing of beauty!

Completion % I thought was very good, 65/70 for User/CPU, 306/243 passing yds with 9.8/8 YPA and 2/3 INTs. Run game was good, maybe a bit strong with 4.8/4.0 YPC. Sacks we back though with 6/5 for the User/CPU.

I really love the look of the game on Pro, but how do we get those animations to trigger on All-Pro or get Pro to be competitive without losing the animations?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #45
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
That's why sliders are so finicky. You can't just lower DPI for example and expect it to only affect the DBs. This year everything is dynamic and intertwined, so it's really difficult to dial in on a setting unless you know exactly what that setting does and how it affects other settings. If you are going to lower DPI, then you need to raise OPI and equal amount. See 90/10 is an equal amount. I lower OPI 40 from it's default and raise DPI by 40. This concept should be applied to all sliders, penalty or not. Otherwise, you will notice a lot of weird stuff happening.

Injuries at 54 seems fine as long as the sliders do no create a favoritism. I have noticed many slider settings creating a favoritism to the USER or CPU but not necessarily overall, usually in one aspect of the game whether it's running or passing, sacks and so on. This is why it's important to adjust sliders with other sliders in mind. This might seem confusing but it's really not if you grasp the concept of the sliders from a programmers perspective. If you'd like, I can post an explanation of the sliders, its concepts, how they interact with one another and how to adjust them without breaking the AI.
I'd love to have a look at that! Thanks!

Old 11-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #46
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Couple of question: You stated.

If you are going to lower DPI, then you need to raise OPI and equal amount. See 90/10 is an equal amount. I lower OPI 40 from it's default and raise DPI by 40. This concept should be applied to all sliders, penalty or not. Otherwise, you will notice a lot of weird stuff happening.

I'm confused, you say DPI/OPI need to be an equal amount like 90/10, but your other setting are DPI/OPI 10/10 and 90/90, am I missing something here?

Also,

CPU is throwing too many INTs so this needs to be fixed which can be done with DPI/OPI at 10/10 because the separation has such a large gap but this might also boost the comp% by a lot. If you want to control INTs without messing with the skill sliders, then you will have to raise OPI above DPI by I'd say at least 20 points.

I agree with the 10/10 to correct the INT issue since that would make the DBs weaker and the WRs stronger, but I don't understand the "...you will have to raise OPI above DPI by I'd say at least 20 points.". Wouldn't that make the WRs weaker? I would thing the biggest disparity between them (10/10, to make DBs weak and WRs strong) would give the biggest edge to the offense and help decrease the INTs.

Thanks for always being willing to respond and answer questions, it's much appreciated!

Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #47
Rookie

Shadowthedemon's Arena

OVR: 0

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowthedemon/b/589351146

If you click the above link it shows you my game stats in video form (too lazy to fill out a box score atm...)

With that being said... I used the QBA Slider settings and everything else default (23/77) and I decided to experiment with the Wiz's penalty sliders plugged in and this was the net result (for one game at least)

Don't let the ending score fool you either, KC was playing tough and AS went down hard on a read-option play midway through the game and didn't return until the 3rd qtr, he lead them down for a good score but failed the 2-point conversion.

I got the ball back and couldn't do anything with it, KC got it and was driving nicely. AS had almost all day in the pocket and tried to force a pass to Fasano on a crossing route but my safety stepped up and made a interception (it looked like something you would see on sundays, was pretty nice) Culliver had a pick earlier in the game as well, he was playing close coverage on a hitch route and jumped it for the pick at the last moment.

It was an enjoyable game for sure.

these are the penalty sliders in case you're wondering:
Offside: 53
False Start: 55
Holding: 50
Facemask: 54
DPI: 37
OPI: 67
Punt catch interference: 47
Clipping: 45
Int grounding: 80
Roughing the passer: 20
Roughing the kicker: 50
Old 11-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #48
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Yeah, IDK about 10/10, haven't gotten there yet but every game seems to be tight and low scoring no matter what sliders I use, and 60/10 just made weird stuff happen. Should I have changed something else when I moved DPI from 90 to 60? Maybe I'm just really good on D and suck on offense? I guess my next step is trying 10/10.

Anyway, the last game I played (on 60/10) ended 9-7, a safety by me being the difference. Completion % was pretty good at 50%/70% for the User/CPU, both sides threw 3 picks, passing yards were low, 109/119 though. Sacks were good 2/4 for the User/CPU. One other thing, 5 false starts on the CPU, none on me.

I tired these out on Pro (DPI/OPI at 10/10) and I see what you mean about the animations, the game seems much more fluid and smooth, with a nice variety of animations. I think this was especially noticeable in the run game, I don't think I saw any of the rag doll ballcarrier with is arm twisted behind his back, which is awesome because I hate that! The game was a lot more open, possibly the most scoring I've seen, LOL. Ended 37-24 me but did feel a little less competitive. One thing I noticed immediately was the WR aggression, they went after everything and made catches I have never seen before. The kind of catches I have been yelling at the TV about since getting Madden, wondering why my receivers never seem to make a play on the ball, they just run their route and if you don't hit them in the hands they don't even try for the ball. On Pro I saw receives going up and battling for the ball, making one hand grabs behind them, picture perfect sideline grabs, it was a thing of beauty!

Completion % I thought was very good, 65/70 for User/CPU, 306/243 passing yds with 9.8/8 YPA and 2/3 INTs. Run game was good, maybe a bit strong with 4.8/4.0 YPC. Sacks we back though with 6/5 for the User/CPU.

I really love the lo ok of the game on Pro, but how do we get those animations to trigger on All-Pro or get Pro to be competitive without losing the animations?
I would be ecstatic if I could get these sliders into Pro and keep the game competitive because Pro is much smoother than All-Pro or All-Madden, Rookie is good too for animations.

There would have to be numerous tweaks to the sliders if they were put on Pro to compensate for the AI giving the User a slight advantage (I'm not even 100% convinced that it does).

Did you play on Slow or Normal speed? Pro automatically switches it to Slow, so you have to go in and change it to Normal.

I won't have much time for testing over the next few weeks because work will be demanding a lot from me until mid December. If you want to put it on Pro, set speed to Normal, plug in the sliders then test/make your own adjustments and post the results here, that would be terrific as I too would like to have the better animations and smoother gameplay without destroying the integrity of these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »