I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider. - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider.

This is a discussion on I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Sliders should all be independent of each other and definitive. If I raise the AI run block slider, I want to see better blocking, more pancakes, longer sustained blocking, better downfield blocking, in other words globally raise all the AI players blocking attributes.

And it should do only that.

And the QB accuracy should just make players throw off target, not effect arm strength, not affect decision making, not effect anything else, just if the QB throws at a target its the probability of him hitting that target.

But that's not the case. The QBA I suspect effects almost everything from a gameplay standpoint. I haven't pinpointed it, but lowering the QBA makes the AI play worse and its not just missing the occasional pass. Its like it doesn't know the down and distance and drives just stall when it completes a short pass on third and medium. Pretty sure it may the overall awareness slider that marginally affects Robo QB's accuracy.
I'm not disagreeing with you, they should be definitive but that's unlikely to be the way they coded the game, at least from my experience as a developer (6 years now). Granted, I'm not a game developer but the logic should be the same.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
I'm not disagreeing with you, they should be definitive but that's unlikely to be the way they coded the game, at least from my experience as a developer (6 years now). Granted, I'm not a game developer but the logic should be the same.
I think that was probably how the sliders were intended, but over time they had too many different people getting their hands on things and at some point, they broke the sliders and then piled a bunch of crappy code ontop of it and now they don't have the time, energy, or passion to unwind it.

The sliders should simply be global ratings boost to the attributes. 0 on the catch slider should be hands of stone, 100 should be Super Glue, etc.

I noticed your sliders have high QBA. That may be why you are getting good games. Move the AI accuracy slider down only and I bet you see the AI becoming inept and it won't be just missing throws. I bet you see totally different play calling, pocket presence, and decision making as well as ineffective run game for whatever reason.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
I think that was probably how the sliders were intended, but over time they had too many different people getting their hands on things and at some point, they broke the sliders and then piled a bunch of crappy code ontop of it and now they don't have the time, energy, or passion to unwind it.

The sliders should simply be global ratings boost to the attributes. 0 on the catch slider should be hands of stone, 100 should be Super Glue, etc.

I noticed your sliders have high QBA. That may be why you are getting good games. Move the AI accuracy slider down only and I bet you see the AI becoming inept and it won't be just missing throws. I bet you see totally different play calling, pocket presence, and decision making as well as ineffective run game for whatever reason.
Reminds me of a situation I'm in now at work dealing with my companies e-commerce system. We have people from Japan, Germany and the US working on it and nothing is consistent. One person changes something and there is no check-in/check-out process so code gets overwritten and jumbled together. It's a hot mess and I could easily see the same thing happening over at EA.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

QBA and Run Block slider discussion

Quote:
Reminds me of a situation I'm in now at work dealing with my companies e-commerce system. We have people from Japan, Germany and the US working on it and nothing is consistent. One person changes something and there is no check-in/check-out process so code gets overwritten and jumbled together. It's a hot mess and I could easily see the same thing happening over at EA.
Yep. Now I just need to test the theory. Can you run a game with your sliders and only move the QBA lower and tell me what you see.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Re: QBA and Run Block slider discussion

Quote:
Yep. Now I just need to test the theory. Can you run a game with your sliders and only move the QBA lower and tell me what you see.
Yes, errant throws, no pocket presence or scrambling.

I wonder if anyone has tried calling EA's IT department to ask what each sliders do and how they interact with each other.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Re: QBA and Run Block slider discussion

Quote:
Yes, errant throws, no pocket presence or scrambling.

I wonder if anyone has tried calling EA's IT department to ask what each sliders do and how they interact with each other.
They don't know, if you asked them what QBA slider they would probably say "Well Duh, it makes your QB more or less accurate, next question....."
Old 11-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Its so ridiculous that all these outlandish theories about sliders get thrown around. All EA would have to do is tell us whats going on with them. i wonder if they even know. This game is such a hard thing to have fun with.
they mean what they say they mean, there are just a lot of other computer processes accounting for the way things actually happen on the field- things there are no slider for. and the ones that do have a slider- well the process can only be altered so much, or to a particular degree, so you have to find the number through trial and error. there is also a balance of the processes, so that things will only happen to the maximum of one sliders degree based inside another sliders' setting.

take your QB accuracy for example- once you set it, it now dictates the scale WR catching uses, which dictates the scale run blocking uses.. so that my slider with pass defense reaction time at 4 and interceptions at 63 plays much differently than one with 3 and 40 perhaps, because all the processes have to work together, also many are out of your control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »