Home

I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider.

This is a discussion on I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider.

It needs some more testing, but I thought I was having too much success running the ball so I lowered my human run block and it ended up totally nerfing the AI over a few games testing all different teams even with tackling at 0. So I had human tackling at 0, Human Run Block 0, AI run block 50 and AI tackling at 0. And the AI couldn't move the ball on the ground.

So then I upped the human run block to 50 and upped tackling to 25 and boom, the AI was running beautifully. That was with both human and AI run block 50 and tackling at 25. Question is, why would the AI run so much better with human tackling at 25 and human block at 50 than it does with tackling at 0 and human run block at 0 when I didn't move the AI run block slider off of 50?

Unfortunately it got too late to do any more testing and I may be tied up this weekend. So can anyone try this out and see what they find?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I think the Human Run Block Slider is actually the AI run block slider.

I got the USER runblocking at 0 and the CPUs at 45 and they have no trouble running the ball. It might of just been that one game you played. I been having the USER runblocking at 0 for a long time.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I got the USER runblocking at 0 and the CPUs at 45 and they have no trouble running the ball. It might of just been that one game you played. I been having the USER runblocking at 0 for a long time.
Before I changed it, the AI was averaging about 2 yards a carry for multiple games. Multiple teams. I'll do some more testing when I get around to it.

I also think the lower the AI QBA the worse the entire AI offense plays. I like the innacurate throws at 15 or less, but they just can't move the ball on me even with just base defenses.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Its so ridiculous that all these outlandish theories about sliders get thrown around. All EA would have to do is tell us whats going on with them. i wonder if they even know. This game is such a hard thing to have fun with.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Before I changed it, the AI was averaging about 2 yards a carry for multiple games. Multiple teams. I'll do some more testing when I get around to it.

I also think the lower the AI QBA the worse the entire AI offense plays. I like the innacurate throws at 15 or less, but they just can't move the ball on me even with just base defenses.
The CPU hasn't had any trouble running the ball on me. Maybe it does have something to do with the low accuracy. I remember when I tested the CPUs accuracy at a low number a while back to see if I can get the completion percentage down there overall Offense did seem pedestrian. That's why I keep my setup the way I have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
The CPU hasn't had any trouble running the ball on me. Maybe it does have something to do with the low accuracy. I remember when I tested the CPUs accuracy at a low number a while back to see if I can get the completion percentage down there overall Offense did seem pedestrian. That's why I keep my setup the way I have it.

I did move the AI QBA up at the same time I moved human blocking up. So that may very well be it.

The AI's drives usually just fizzle out with the low QBA. They seem to throw really short passes on 3rd down that kills drives.

I got to get some more testing in on this. But I will say that I played about 10 games with AI Run Block at 50 and my tackling at 0 and they weren't able to run at all, this was with all different teams. So I have to now test if this can be attributed to that low QBA slider. QBA might be the overall AI intelligence slider.

If this proves to be the case, this is why EA needs to get rid of Robo QB. Just make it at default that inaccurate passers are inaccurate. Every QB seems to have Tom Brady accuracy on Default, but appears it has to be that way otherwise the AI starts to tank.

Last edited by fistofrage; 11-14-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It needs some more testing, but I thought I was having too much success running the ball so I lowered my human run block and it ended up totally nerfing the AI over a few games testing all different teams even with tackling at 0. So I had human tackling at 0, Human Run Block 0, AI run block 50 and AI tackling at 0. And the AI couldn't move the ball on the ground.

So then I upped the human run block to 50 and upped tackling to 25 and boom, the AI was running beautifully. That was with both human and AI run block 50 and tackling at 25. Question is, why would the AI run so much better with human tackling at 25 and human block at 50 than it does with tackling at 0 and human run block at 0 when I didn't move the AI run block slider off of 50?

Unfortunately it got too late to do any more testing and I may be tied up this weekend. So can anyone try this out and see what they find?
No slider is definitive, they all interact with each other. This is the way it should be from a programmers perspective in order to compensate for difficulty level, penalties, ratings, etc, etc.

It wouldn't make sense for a programmer to essentially hard-code the difficulty of one slider, otherwise there would be no point in difficulty levels (which i wouldn't mind btw). Actually I would prefer it to be "hard-coded" individually, scrap difficulty and 0 means that slider sucks and 100 means it's unstoppable.

My point is that the run block slider is neither the USER or CPU, it is both and it also depends on your difficulty level.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
No slider is definitive, they all interact with each other. This is the way it should be from a programmers perspective in order to compensate for difficulty level, penalties, ratings, etc, etc.

It wouldn't make sense for a programmer to essentially hard-code the difficulty of one slider, otherwise there would be no point in difficulty levels (which i wouldn't mind btw). Actually I would prefer it to be "hard-coded" individually, scrap difficulty and 0 means that slider sucks and 100 means it's unstoppable.

My point is that the run block slider is neither the USER or CPU, it is both and it also depends on your difficulty level.
Sliders should all be independent of each other and definitive. If I raise the AI run block slider, I want to see better blocking, more pancakes, longer sustained blocking, better downfield blocking, in other words globally raise all the AI players blocking attributes.

And it should do only that.

And the QB accuracy should just make players throw off target, not effect arm strength, not affect decision making, not effect anything else, just if the QB throws at a target its the probability of him hitting that target.

But that's not the case. The QBA I suspect effects almost everything from a gameplay standpoint. I haven't pinpointed it, but lowering the QBA makes the AI play worse and its not just missing the occasional pass. Its like it doesn't know the down and distance and drives just stall when it completes a short pass on third and medium. Pretty sure it may the overall awareness slider that marginally affects Robo QB's accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »