Home

Play Now vs CFM

This is a discussion on Play Now vs CFM within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Play Now vs CFM

Made an interesting observation last night. I was playing a franchise game against the Saints using JoshC's sliders, and, through the first half, had sacked Drew Brees 4 times in 22 passing attempts (twice on HB slip screens from the shotgun). Getting a little frustrated, I decided to exit the CFM and go into practice mode to test the same HB screens that Brees could not complete in game, to see if any adjustments on blocking or reaction sliders (maybe using the "High Cvr/Low Awr" appr) would have an effect. And you know what, in practice mode, regardless of the settings, Brees complete about third of even the under center center screens, and threw the ball away almost every other time. I only sacked him in about 1/5 attempts under center, and 1/10 in shotgun. Now, I will grant you that is still a bit high for a screen play compared to real life, but I could live with it (better than 4/5 I was seeing in CFM).

So I took Saints into Play now, in coach mode, and ran nothing but Slip screens. Same slider settings, and the computer controlled Drew Brees completed most of them, and was not sacked once (though, admittedly, I did not get alot of first downs).

So I say hey, the CFM game must just been an anomaly. I restart . . . and sack Drew Brees twice in the first three plays, and a total of 4 times in the first quarter . . . 3 on HB Slip Screens . . . I give up. Every other slider and setting was the same. Based on Play Now and Practice Mode, the Madden engine/AI does know how to avoid being sacked even on the Slip Screens . . . but somehow in CFM another layer of "brain-deadness" is being added to a Super Bow-quality QB, and suddenly he cannot complete any plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Play Now vs CFM

Confidence is the factor that makes the game in CFM feel different. In the other modes this variable is neutralised.

This doesn't help the sack issue as DL/LBs get decent confidence boosts for sacking the QB, while OL get slower confidence boosts. Creates disparity.

It's a reasonable addition, just implemented slightly poorly, and exacerbates the whole Sack situation.

Last edited by pjburrage; 11-23-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Play Now vs CFM

That's the thing; all the Saints offense has confidence of 60+.

In practice mode, I see Brees throw it away at least once every 3-4 plays under pressue. Similar in Play Now. In CFM, I have seen him throw it away only once or twice in 10 quarters of testing (despite taking 21 sacks in roughly 90 pass attempts in those same 10 quarters).

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 11-23-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now vs CFM

Why does auto subs work differently in Play Now and CFM? They don't know why and can't fix it..this is just similar..sucks but not surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »