User Running too easy...suggestions? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

User Running too easy...suggestions?

This is a discussion on User Running too easy...suggestions? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: User Running too easy...suggestions?

I went ahead and added up the rushing averages of the top 38 rushers, by attempts, from the link above, stopping at RB Ben Tate, and the rushing average of the top 38 RB's in the NFL in 2014 is: 4.134 yds/carry.

That obviously includes break away runs, and short yardage runs like 3rd and 1 plays, as well as goal line attempts...
Old 12-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I have User Run Block at 0, User fumble at 55, and CPU Tackling at 55. And I wouldn't say I run all over the cpu, but picking up 2-3 yards EVERY time is easy. So in 3rd and short situations it's almost always a first down.... I will try lowering the fumble slider and cpu tackle to see what happens....
If you are playing at all madden, that TAK slider at 55 is still way too high. Defenders will basically run right into the o-line and get caught up. I would try TAK at 35 to start.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Its a combination of run blocking, tackling and the fumble slider. Running can be way to easy with run block 0 if the other sliders are out of kilter.

Try Human run block 0, AI tackling 30 or 35 and Human Fumbles at 5. This seems to be a pretty good mix.
Are DTs getting off the block though? Like Outkast said its not necessarily easy getting a big chunk of yards regularly but runs up the middle is almost guaranteed 2-3 yards no matter where you have the tackling slider or runblocking slider. I'm gonna test the fumble slider at a low number to see if the DTs shed blocks better against the run. That's my only issue with the run game. The CPU just can't stop run plays up the middle.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Are DTs getting off the block though? Like Outkast said its not necessarily easy getting a big chunk of yards regularly but runs up the middle is almost guaranteed 2-3 yards no matter where you have the tackling slider or runblocking slider. I'm gonna test the fumble slider at a low number to see if the DTs shed blocks better against the run. That's my only issue with the run game. The CPU just can't stop run plays up the middle.
If you put runblock 0, fumbles 6 or less and AI tackling between 40 and 45, you will get stuffed for no gain on some plays. Also put AI pass reaction down if you really want to see the run stuffed. They will play run first.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
If you put runblock 0, fumbles 6 or less and AI tackling between 40 and 45, you will get stuffed for no gain on some plays. Also put AI pass reaction down if you really want to see the run stuffed. They will play run first.
I'll try lowering the fumble slider. I'm not having any issues with outside running. I get stuffed pretty good on those. It's just inside running is almost guaranteed 2-3 yards and I hate that. I don't know why they took away the rush reaction and blockshedding slider..
Old 12-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #14
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The key, IMO, is getting your safeties and LB's to react properly and avoid/shed blocks....The DE's and especially DT's have a tendency to be in place to maintain blocks to free up safeties and LB's to make plays...

Obviously in a 4-3 you will get a DE with higher tackles...For example, Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul has 68 tackles so far in 2014, but is ranked 87th in tackles in the league and the first Defensive Lineman to appear on the tackle list...The first DT to make the list is the Jets NT Damon Harrison at 156 ranking with 52 tackles....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-p=1

As Jarod21 mentioned, we need run reaction and block shedding sliders back...I think the sliders need to be broken down by position group...sliders for DL, and then for LB's and then for DB's...It still wouldn't be perfect but it is a start....obviously Safeties are better at block shedding and tackling than CB's, so even those two could have their own sliders...
Old 12-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The key, IMO, is getting your safeties and LB's to react properly and avoid/shed blocks....The DE's and especially DT's have a tendency to be in place to maintain blocks to free up safeties and LB's to make plays...

Obviously in a 4-3 you will get a DE with higher tackles...For example, Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul has 68 tackles so far in 2014, but is ranked 87th in tackles in the league and the first Defensive Lineman to appear on the tackle list...The first DT to make the list is the Jets NT Damon Harrison at 156 ranking with 52 tackles....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-p=1

As Jarod21 mentioned, we need run reaction and block shedding sliders back...I think the sliders need to be broken down by position group...sliders for DL, and then for LB's and then for DB's...It still wouldn't be perfect but it is a start....obviously Safeties are better at block shedding and tackling than CB's, so even those two could have their own sliders...
We actually only need about 10 sliders total. You don't want EA putting more sliders in their game, trust me. They have a better chance of breaking something else, not working, or being reversed than they have of actually working.

Go back to Tecmo Super Bowl. Simplistic yes, but you knew who Reggie White was. He was the DT blowing up the line. You knew who John ELway was with the cannon arm. Barry Sanders, yep.

The Stars were stars. Whatever formula they were using, you could certainly tell the difference between the great players and the average players.

We need ratings to matter. I would imagine in Madden you could put your punter and kicker in as tackles and the D line wouldn't throw them into next week. They would in Tecmo Bowl.

Ratings seem to matter more as you lower the sliders as a whole. The % gap between players is increased.

So lets say you have a 95 rated RB and a 85 10 points apart but 11% higher than 85 rated running back. If you raised Fumbles to 100, these backs would be virtually the same. If you lower fumbles to 5 and lets say every 5 slider points is a 1 point equivalent in ability that would be 9 points. 50-5=45 45/5=9. so now you have a 86 rated runningback and a 76 rated running back 13% difference, but additionally, players at 85 and above rating net(or there abouts) really separate themselves from players below 85 so it reduces the amount of really good players if you reduce the sliders.

The same can be said for reducing the QBA slider. AT 50, you see a lot of Robo even from the scrubs. Reduce that down to 5 and now the Good QBs can still be very good, but the average QBs start really showing that they are average.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #16
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
We actually only need about 10 sliders total. You don't want EA putting more sliders in their game, trust me. They have a better chance of breaking something else, not working, or being reversed than they have of actually working.

Go back to Tecmo Super Bowl. Simplistic yes, but you knew who Reggie White was. He was the DT blowing up the line. You knew who John ELway was with the cannon arm. Barry Sanders, yep.

The Stars were stars. Whatever formula they were using, you could certainly tell the difference between the great players and the average players.

We need ratings to matter. I would imagine in Madden you could put your punter and kicker in as tackles and the D line wouldn't throw them into next week. They would in Tecmo Bowl.

Ratings seem to matter more as you lower the sliders as a whole. The % gap between players is increased.

So lets say you have a 95 rated RB and a 85 10 points apart but 11% higher than 85 rated running back. If you raised Fumbles to 100, these backs would be virtually the same. If you lower fumbles to 5 and lets say every 5 slider points is a 1 point equivalent in ability that would be 9 points. 50-5=45 45/5=9. so now you have a 86 rated runningback and a 76 rated running back 13% difference, but additionally, players at 85 and above rating net(or there abouts) really separate themselves from players below 85 so it reduces the amount of really good players if you reduce the sliders.

The same can be said for reducing the QBA slider. AT 50, you see a lot of Robo even from the scrubs. Reduce that down to 5 and now the Good QBs can still be very good, but the average QBs start really showing that they are average.
IF we are talking what EA/Tiburon needs, I think they need a whole new engine worked on by a single team or well informed group of people...As it is now, the new programmers probably have about as much knowledge of what is going on in the code and in the game as any slider guru does...

IMO, EA has one thing going for it in regards to players, in the NFL there isn't really much difference between most players...Even apparent great players one season go average or bad the next...EA/Tiburon has the chore of making it possible for any backup to have the potential to step in and be really good or bad, as in the NFL...That, IMO is the hardest part....Anyone can program a great player by making all the other players average...

Seems also EA/Tiburon has taken football to a higher level - yes, ratings should matter, but it can also be seen that certain good teams can make regular players look better as certain bad teams can turn an apparent good player into an average or bad player....EA/Tiburon has a team dependency connection going on in the background, from what I have experienced...Thus you can make a change to a slider, such as Pass Blocking, and all of a sudden QB's play better and WR's catch better...

If I have, lets say, Johnny Manziel on the Browns, he apparently tanked his debut against cincinnati, but the team as a whole sucks...Plug Johnny into the Patriots offense and I bet he is a star...The player isn't different, but the team as a whole is different.....I think EA/Tiburon is trying to replicate this effect, which is an observable event of football.

Then you have a situation such as in Chicago where a backup like McCown comes in last year and plays great, then Cutler comes back and the Bears lose their chance to make it to the playoffs last year, the Bears let McCown go and the Bears again suck....It isn't that the Bears offense sucks, IMO, but Cutler does truly suck as a QB...

When Aaron Rodgers went down in GB...You saw a true star player went down, and not just a player that was looking great because he was surrounded by other great players.

I know I'll get heat for this, but IMO the Pats have a generally great team and coach, but Brady is not that great of a QB...Brady stepped into a system that Bledsoe thrived in, and that Matt Cassell looked great in, etc...and as we know, Cassell went on to other teams and sucked...But I bet Cutler could go to New England and look like BRady.

Hell, MArk Sanchez looks better in Philly than he ever looked on teh Jets, though he hasn't become great in Philly; he has a better system and it is showing in how he plays...Sanchez the person/player has not changed, the system has..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-16-2014 at 03:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »