Home

User Running too easy...suggestions?

This is a discussion on User Running too easy...suggestions? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: User Running too easy...suggestions?

^^^^I agree for the most part that the difference between players in the NFL is fairly marginal, but there are great players.

I think of Gronkowski, when that guy is healthy, he's on another planet.

Calvin Johnson can go up and snag the ball at its highest point and there is nothing the DBs can do.

Devin Hester, not as much now, but his kick return skills were on another level.

Running backs are mainly a product of the line, but a healthy Jamaal Charles has unmatched vision and speed. Lynch is a beast to bring down. McCoy has his moments as well.

Its probably impossible to program, but when these guys are on, they are ridiculous.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

, didn't mean to highjack the thread, back to talking about the running game and eliminating automatic 2 and 3 yard gains up the middle.

Anyone who has time, play on All-Madden, human rb 0, fumbles 6, and AI Tackling at 45 with 10 Pass reaction. The linebackers should get in the hole much quicker and stack up the run.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #19
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
^^^^I agree for the most part that the difference between players in the NFL is fairly marginal, but there are great players.

I think of Gronkowski, when that guy is healthy, he's on another planet.

Calvin Johnson can go up and snag the ball at its highest point and there is nothing the DBs can do.

Devin Hester, not as much now, but his kick return skills were on another level.

Running backs are mainly a product of the line, but a healthy Jamaal Charles has unmatched vision and speed. Lynch is a beast to bring down. McCoy has his moments as well.

Its probably impossible to program, but when these guys are on, they are ridiculous.
HEre is an area I would have to disagree on:

I do not think Gronkowski is that great of a TE or player - he is under a great system and rules that allow for him to just be big and tall and succeed..Same with Calvin Johnson, size along with rule changes that make receivers nearly untouchable but allow receivers more privileges and contact freedom....

An example of this would be going back and looking at rule changes in relation to the start of top receiving TE's...Prominent catching TE's Kellen Winslow SR. and Dave Casper...Both in high pass offenses and the beginning of the looser pass coverage rules, such as the 5 yard rule that prevented defenders from touching a receiver (this rule was put in place due to the smothering defense of the 1970's Steelers)....Also note that Gronkowski is 6'6 and about 265, a large TE as Calvin Johnson is a large WR.....Kellen Winslow and Dave Casper were also both in the 6'5 and 250 pound range, and this was back in the day when an Offensive lineman was about 265 pounds...and Defensive backs were definitely smaller...

Here is a link to how player size has changed in the NFL over the years...I believe CB's and LB's have stayed relatively static compared to other positions...

http://regressing.deadspin.com/how-h...ime-1545701731

and here is your average height chart for players by position in 2014...TE's are the second tallest players on average....

Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

To Add:

Rules, supposedly to protect players from injury, have hampered the ability of defenders to cause fear in receivers/Tight Ends who come across the middle...Now the middle of the field, the slants, posts and seams are safer plays, and very effective, especially for over sized players who have no worries about getting hit legally by a Ronnie Lott or Jack Tatum...

Any big hit now that would put fear in a player about going across the middle is now met with a 15 yard penalty and essentially a whole game check worth of fines...

Next question for defenders is, do we just go for the knees and blow out Gronkowski's knee? Only a few players are willing to do that...I would call Raven's Safety Matt Elam one of those players...And yes, I consider T.J. Ward one of those players who will still take you down regardless of rules or fines...Like LB James Harrison played regardless of rules...But most players adhere to the rules to avoid fines and penalties...

I say rules were changed "supposedly" to protect players, and that may be, to an extent; I think the main goal was only to make for higher scoring games...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-16-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

^^^I don't want to clutter the thread, but the players I mentioned have the ability to do things that go beyond rules, stats and system. You can see it in the plays they make.

The system and rules help, but go back to Barry Sanders, he could flat out do what other players couldn't do.

I saw some show on Calvin Johnson and basically from flat footed he could cover an area that was a 10 foot high double wide garage door. Any ball from 15 yards away on a rope he was catching. Combine that with his speed, and he's a monster. The Lions system is actually slowing him down.

But anyway, I agree that the system has a lot to do with certain players stats and production, but there are guys in the league that do things on a consistent basis that no one else in their position group can pull off regularly based on all the variables and combinations of their size speed and skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #22
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
^^^I don't want to clutter the thread, but the players I mentioned have the ability to do things that go beyond rules, stats and system. You can see it in the plays they make.

The system and rules help, but go back to Barry Sanders, he could flat out do what other players couldn't do.

I saw some show on Calvin Johnson and basically from flat footed he could cover an area that was a 10 foot high double wide garage door. Any ball from 15 yards away on a rope he was catching. Combine that with his speed, and he's a monster. The Lions system is actually slowing him down.

But anyway, I agree that the system has a lot to do with certain players stats and production, but there are guys in the league that do things on a consistent basis that no one else in their position group can pull off regularly based on all the variables and combinations of their size speed and skill.
THis topic may need it's own thread...I'll just close by saying Barry Sanders was a true star and athlete, unlike Gronkowski or Calvin Johnson...Sanders had himself, no big pass game, no great offensive line, no special rules...Same with Walter Payton....But Emmitt Smith? He got lucky with an offensive line that I could run through and maintain a 5 yard average....Smith is the product of the system he played in, huge, strong, one on one blockers, nothing more, IMO.....

Best to just agree to disagree.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
, didn't mean to highjack the thread, back to talking about the running game and eliminating automatic 2 and 3 yard gains up the middle.

Anyone who has time, play on All-Madden, human rb 0, fumbles 6, and AI Tackling at 45 with 10 Pass reaction. The linebackers should get in the hole much quicker and stack up the run.

How would that change the passing D for the CPU?
Old 12-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
How would that change the passing D for the CPU?
In theory the lower the pass reaction, the quicker they attend to the run.

But anyway, I did some testing, put human block between 25-40, human fumble at 40 and defensive tackling at 55 to 60 and keep reaction around 50 and the dive and trap plays were definitiely no longer money.

You never really want to go too extreme with the sliders if possible because it cvan cause issues with some sliders. 55 to 60 for tackling, the interior linemen seem to shed blocks as well as lBs getting in the holes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »