Speed Threshold - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
You also have to remember that the Pursuit rating gives a speed boost to a player that is chasing the ball carrier. So if a dline player has 70 speed, 65 pursuit and another player has 65 speed, 89 pursuit then the second player will run to the QB faster in your test.
AHh yes, so pursuit makes speed almost irrelevant when chasing the ball carrier?
Old 12-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #10
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

In adjusting penalty sliders here is what I have in regards to sliders tested and have not affected the 20 yard dash time of my test subject TE Delanie Walker of the Titans.

PENALTIES

Offsides: 70 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
False Start: 0 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
Holding: 0 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
Facemask: 0 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
D.P.I.: 50
O.P.I.: 70
KR/PR: 50
Clipping: 50
I.Grounding: 7 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
RTP: 50
RTK: 50

I am putting my money on one of the following sliders to affect 20 yard dash times, or essentially acceleration: RTK, KR/PR, or Clipping.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-13-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:21 AM   #11
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

So, trying to summarize, you are suggesting the most realist speed/thrshld combos are:

Slow - 50
Normal - 0
Fast - 80

?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
So, trying to summarize, you are suggesting the most realist speed/thrshld combos are:

Slow - 50
Normal - 0
Fast - 80

?
The first few posts you appear to be referring to were early experiment posts showing the progression line I was working with to find settings that produce and maintain real time acceleration rates in madden using default rosters.

POsts number 6 and 10 summarize, at this point in the experiment, where the best threshold and game speed is; Which with the penalty sliders at the setting in post 10, a slow game speed with a threshold of 50 appears best in timed 10 and 20 yard dashes.

I believe either RTK, Clipping or KR/PR sliders may alter how fast players accelerate, so at this point those sliders remain at 50...The other sliders I have changed have had no effect pf player acceleration and allowed my test subject TE Delanie Walker of the Titans to remain close to his recorded dash times, with default rosters.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-14-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #13
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
In adjusting penalty sliders here is what I have in regards to sliders tested and have not affected the 20 yard dash time of my test subject TE Delanie Walker of the Titans.

PENALTIES

Offsides: 70 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
False Start: 0 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
Holding: 0 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
Facemask: 0 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
D.P.I.: 50
O.P.I.: 70
KR/PR: 50
Clipping: 50
I.Grounding: 7 (doesn't change 10 yard times)
RTP: 50
RTK: 50

I am putting my money on one of the following sliders to affect 20 yard dash times, or essentially acceleration: RTK, KR/PR, or Clipping.
I believe that RTK is the culprit. But make sure you consider the potential for impact by the RBA slider (errr...Fumbles slider).
Old 12-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I believe that RTK is the culprit. But make sure you consider the potential for impact by the RBA slider (errr...Fumbles slider).
Excellent..Thank you for the information..Gonna check into this after today's games.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #15
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

And what was the conclusion?
Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #16
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
And what was the conclusion?
My observations is, at this point, that RTK effects a players acceleration; I do not have it's limits ironed out...I feel that 50 provides an unaltered acceleration effect but then you have to make changes in other areas to counter changes made to the RTK slider, which I have not gotten a grip on...

I recently moved, and upgraded to a Sharp TV with 1080p and 12ms response time, which isn't die-hard gaming response time, but much better than what I had prior, and I am seeing a totally different game in some aspects...

NOw I am curious how certain animations and interactions play out for people on differing setups? Or am I just experiencing some placebo effect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »