Home

Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

This is a discussion on Stress All-Pro Slider Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

Thanks!! I really appreciate your work on these sliders. This set you just posted for me is good in many ways accept I can't get the computer's run game going. However, at this point I am so frustrated with this year's game I am willing to look past that because at least with this set I am seeing computers take shots downfield. Who's next sliders for pro were AMAZING before the stupid patch!!! I swear the people who work on this game either don't know or even watch football.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #42
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs4Lif3
Thanks!! I really appreciate your work on these sliders. This set you just posted for me is good in many ways accept I can't get the computer's run game going. However, at this point I am so frustrated with this year's game I am willing to look past that because at least with this set I am seeing computers take shots downfield. Who's next sliders for pro were AMAZING before the stupid patch!!! I swear the people who work on this game either don't know or even watch football.

IF the CPU run game is lacking, move their Run Block to 35 and see how that work...
Old 12-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #43
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Updated the OP with changes to the sliders...I essentially went with Josh's sliders for User and CPU because, in all honesty, Josh has kicked butt with his sliders, and his theories on how the sliders work and interact are proving themselves in action....

The difference comes with the sliders here in that I have merely used different penalty slider settings that were influenced by tc020791, who has done a great job of presenting excellent theories and slider ideas in his own right.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #44
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Updated the OP with changes to the sliders...I essentially went with Josh's sliders for User and CPU because, in all honesty, Josh has kicked butt with his sliders, and his theories on how the sliders work and interact are proving themselves in action....

The difference comes with the sliders here in that I have merely used different penalty slider settings that were influenced by tc020791, who has done a great job of presenting excellent theories and slider ideas in his own right.
I'm going to try those penalty settings out...spinning my wheels a bit on the CPU qb AI with my set.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #45
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm going to try those penalty settings out...spinning my wheels a bit on the CPU qb AI with my set.
Cool...I hope you get some positive results, Josh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #46
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, I gave them a spin as the 'Skins versus the Giants...here are some thoughts:
  • QB AI was improved. I played against Eli (who is a notorious sack-taker in this game) and he got rid of the ball well for the most part. I had 8 sacks total but was trying to do everything to get at him as a way of 'testing' the settings (doing far more in terms of blitzing than most teams would). He only took 2 'bad' sacks and a 3rd was a debatable sack as he was nearly at the LOS before being stripped.
  • A few more drops by WRs than I'd like (5 by the CPU). This is something I have seen on my set and plan on making on my set.
  • Tackling was far too 'sure' for my taste. I just think that the facemask slider at 1 is far too low.
  • Coverage was a bit too loose for my taste (now exposed by a QB that gets rid of the ball better).
  • Three non-QB fumbles in the game....which was good to see.
  • Too many dropped INTs by the CPU - that is something I have noticed on my set as well.
I'm definitely adapting the FS, Holding, IG, and RTK settings for my set along with some other changes to it. All things said....this was outstanding!!

Now....the following (which I am going to post in my set as well) is a general statement about All Pro in general based on observations since I went back to AP....

I just don't think AP can hold up long-term for experienced users. The problem is that the CPU will make mistakes at the worst time. I never feel like I can be blown away by a good team. With the confidence system in place, it would be far too easy to gain momentum in a season (even with a mediocre team) and ride it. It then snowballs and before you know it, you have a 'super team'. You get good games on All Pro with good stats and it feels good; but over the long haul, it is just too easy to put up a winning record year after year.

I do feel though that it is easiest to build an AM set once you have a good AP set as a base. After adding these modifications and a couple of other teams, I am going to bump it up to AM and see what happens.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #47
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, I gave them a spin as the 'Skins versus the Giants...here are some thoughts:
  • QB AI was improved. I played against Eli (who is a notorious sack-taker in this game) and he got rid of the ball well for the most part. I had 8 sacks total but was trying to do everything to get at him as a way of 'testing' the settings (doing far more in terms of blitzing than most teams would). He only took 2 'bad' sacks and a 3rd was a debatable sack as he was nearly at the LOS before being stripped.
  • A few more drops by WRs than I'd like (5 by the CPU). This is something I have seen on my set and plan on making on my set.
  • Tackling was far too 'sure' for my taste. I just think that the facemask slider at 1 is far too low.
  • Coverage was a bit too loose for my taste (now exposed by a QB that gets rid of the ball better).
  • Three non-QB fumbles in the game....which was good to see.
  • Too many dropped INTs by the CPU - that is something I have noticed on my set as well.
I'm definitely adapting the FS, Holding, IG, and RTK settings for my set along with some other changes to it. All things said....this was outstanding!!

Now....the following (which I am going to post in my set as well) is a general statement about All Pro in general based on observations since I went back to AP....

I just don't think AP can hold up long-term for experienced users. The problem is that the CPU will make mistakes at the worst time. I never feel like I can be blown away by a good team. With the confidence system in place, it would be far too easy to gain momentum in a season (even with a mediocre team) and ride it. It then snowballs and before you know it, you have a 'super team'. You get good games on All Pro with good stats and it feels good; but over the long haul, it is just too easy to put up a winning record year after year.

I do feel though that it is easiest to build an AM set once you have a good AP set as a base. After adding these modifications and a couple of other teams, I am going to bump it up to AM and see what happens.
Thank you greatly for the expanded summary of your findings....Excellent review....I am hoping to get a clearer explanation on what you mean by, "Tackling was far too 'sure' for my taste. I just think that the facemask slider at 1 is far too low."?

Does raising the facemask allow for more broken tackles? or fewer hard hits from player that shouldn't hit hard?

WR drops I have had issues with also...CPU I honestly have not watched as closely the last few games, but with the Hum WR catching, I find that Drag routes, flat and curl routes can produce the most drops...Curls seem to allow for the most knocked out balls, with slants being next in line for dropped balls due to hits...

At the current settings I do find the corner route to be way too easy against M2M but well covered by many zones..

I have seen some nice jump balls from the receiver perspective, but DB's still seem to have an edge, but I believe the edge the DB's have is acceptable so the long ball doesn't become too easy...
Old 12-12-2014, 02:57 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

In regards to the facemask setting, from what I've witnessed, the higher the slider the more aggressive the tackling. DB's pull off far too many big hits and RB's routinely get "jacked up" and knocked backwards. When you lower the slider, you see more conservative wrap tackles with defenders (particularly DB's) going low, which I think is more realistic.

Personally, I like both facemask and tackling sliders significantly lowered. Tackling is too overpowered in M15 and too many defenders produce big hits. I like seeing missed tackles, especially in the open field vs good RB's and WR's. It's what you see on Sundays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »