Stress All-Pro Slider Thread - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

This is a discussion on Stress All-Pro Slider Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #49
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
In regards to the facemask setting, from what I've witnessed, the higher the slider the more aggressive the tackling. DB's pull off far too many big hits and RB's routinely get "jacked up" and knocked backwards. When you lower the slider, you see more conservative wrap tackles with defenders (particularly DB's) going low, which I think is more realistic.

Personally, I like both facemask and tackling sliders significantly lowered. Tackling is too overpowered in M15 and too many defenders produce big hits. I like seeing missed tackles, especially in the open field vs good RB's and WR's. It's what you see on Sundays.
I am starting to see, just with facemask, that yes it does effect the power of the hit, and at lower levels it reduces the number of big hits by players who are not big hitters; at the same time, when it is set low, it is almost impossible to make a short yardage stand...

I believe Fumble and Run Blocking and Clipping can all be adjusted along with Facemask to get a balance, especially in regards to allowing for at least a 50/50 chance of the defense being able to stop a short yardage run for a 1st down.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #50
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Did a general overhaul of the OP sliders...This is a version 1.0 of a new theory I am testing out; essentially a 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100 theory...See what happens...
Old 12-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Interesting. What's the idea behind this?
Old 12-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #52
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Interesting. What's the idea behind this?
All past EA/Tiburon sliders have had set points of multiples of 25, so I am testing the effects of the game at these points and from there, if minor changes are needed, I will then gradually adjust a slider up or down...

It would seem that the past points would have had the most testing and/or programming attention given to them..

Overall I am betting that a good game can be found by just using the multiples of 25 in the correct spots.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
All past EA/Tiburon sliders have had set points of multiples of 25, so I am testing the effects of the game at these points and from there, if minor changes are needed, I will then gradually adjust a slider up or down...

It would seem that the past points would have had the most testing and/or programming attention given to them..

Overall I am betting that a good game can be found by just using the multiples of 25 in the correct spots.
Interesting concept.

I would have thought the increments of 25 was due to "laziness" for lack of a better word, and to easily differentiate between the skill levels of rookie, pro, all-pro, and all-madden. Simply in an attempt to dumb it down for the masses. I believe majority of their "testing and tuning" would come on default 50, then tweaking under the hood in regards to difficulty levels.

The penalty sliders for example don't appear to be tested at all, let alone in specific increments of 25, as they simply don't work as penalties. Also pass blocking slider for example. Many are now sold on 0 being the best setting as oppose to 100, where as run blocking is quite clearly the opposite with the higher the slider the better the blocking. It's all very backwards and inconsistent and mystifying.

I wish you good luck with it but, and hope you come across something ground breaking.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:56 AM   #54
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Interesting concept.

I would have thought the increments of 25 was due to "laziness" for lack of a better word, and to easily differentiate between the skill levels of rookie, pro, all-pro, and all-madden. Simply in an attempt to dumb it down for the masses. I believe majority of their "testing and tuning" would come on default 50, then tweaking under the hood in regards to difficulty levels.

The penalty sliders for example don't appear to be tested at all, let alone in specific increments of 25, as they simply don't work as penalties. Also pass blocking slider for example. Many are now sold on 0 being the best setting as oppose to 100, where as run blocking is quite clearly the opposite with the higher the slider the better the blocking. It's all very backwards and inconsistent and mystifying.

I wish you good luck with it but, and hope you come across something ground breaking.
I have gotten away from using 0 for pass blocking and run blocking...A big issue I see with pass blocking at zero or other low rating is the RG generally sliding to the left side of the line, leaving a gaping hole for anyone to blitz through..

Run blocking most definitely gets better as it gets higher - the better part is that lead blockers and pulling linemen actually take on defenders in a logical manner which actually appears to show awareness of greatest threat...Lead blockers actually taking the hole that matches their logic path per the play diagram...

I made adjustments to run and pass blocking in my newest update which I just posted on the OP... Also moved Offsides and False Start to 50; as for False Start at 50, I am seeing the offensive linemen actually going at the snap of the ball instead of delaying until the ball is half-way to the QB when in shotgun formation, for example....

I also lowered RTP and RTK to 25...Not sure how they work individually, but I am seeing a nice mix of passes by the CPU, short, medium and long.. Also seeing nice rushing results on money plays like the trap plays...It also appears that the CPU defense is calling more aggressive plays, which may be key in reducing the yards of certain money run plays.

Wish I could explain what was going on with RTP and RTK individually, but I have no clue except it feels right...Also seeing acceptable punt returns, including a nice 8 yard return which seems to be about a fair average return for a punt.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #55
Rookie

Regency1998's Arena

So these dont nor will work in CFM ?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #56
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency1998
So these dont nor will work in CFM ?
I have not tested them in CFM, so I am not sure of their quality in that game mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »