Home

Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

This is a discussion on Stress All-Pro Slider Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #57
Rookie

Regency1998's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

What was your goal/get at with these, sorry if it was already asked?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #58
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency1998
What was your goal/get at with these, sorry if it was already asked?
My goal is to make the CPU competitive and to force human players to adjust to stop the run and pass, instead of just picking a default defense and be able to stop both the run and pass fairly evenly...
Old 12-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #59
Rookie

Regency1998's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
My goal is to make the CPU competitive and to force human players to adjust to stop the run and pass, instead of just picking a default defense and be able to stop both the run and pass fairly evenly...
Does this set make it where player ratings matter more? Like if you have a lesser offense going up againast a talented defense, or viceversa, will there be that major differnece within the game, Idk if that was explained well.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #60
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency1998
Does this set make it where player ratings matter more? Like if you have a lesser offense going up againast a talented defense, or viceversa, will there be that major differnece within the game, Idk if that was explained well.
I am still testing as far as how well better teams play against lesser teams..Right now I am playing equal times such as the Eagles versus the eagles; looking for consistency between human controlled side and CPU side...

I played a game of the Jaguars versus the Jaguars and I won by 3 points, and the CPU controlled QB Bartles completed just over 54% of his passes...The final score was 17-14...
Old 12-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #61
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Made a few more adjustments...Biggest one I believe at this point is moving RTP up to 70...Anything below 70 and the defensive line is too slow at responding to the snap of the ball...At 70 they appear to come off the snap in line with the offense....

I am hoping this will make short yardage and goal line runs a little harder for the offense to gain yardage on...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #62
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Made a few more adjustments...Biggest one I believe at this point is moving RTP up to 70...Anything below 70 and the defensive line is too slow at responding to the snap of the ball...At 70 they appear to come off the snap in line with the offense....

I am hoping this will make short yardage and goal line runs a little harder for the offense to gain yardage on...
Hey stress....let me know how that works (I may need this for my set) but watch to make sure that QBs don't just start checking down all the time (i.e. QBs with 'Force Passes' at aggressive should remain aggressive at throwing downfield).
Old 12-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #63
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey stress....let me know how that works (I may need this for my set) but watch to make sure that QBs don't just start checking down all the time (i.e. QBs with 'Force Passes' at aggressive should remain aggressive at throwing downfield).
Two negatives I have noticed is - screen plays are almost always sacks, and the QB now makes some unrealistic throws when under pressure, but I believe that may be something to adjust with the IG slider...

What I mean by unrealistic throws is - facing/looking in one direction and then in a single motion turning and throwing the ball down field to a receiver.

I do not have a grasp on the run game yet...In a second game I played, I was the Eagles against the Chiefs, and RB Charles tore me up; but, i was using defenses under the "suggested play" drop down and Charles did break off a 67 yard run at one point....I liked the large run play though; it was realistic with a runner like Charles and I was able to drop him for losses as well as contain him for 3 to 4 gains...Need more games before I can get a clearer picture of the run game though..

My first game was as the Eagles against the Giants and Eli Manning took shots down the field...3 notable ones of over 25 yards; one was an interception, the other was a completion, of about 37 total yards, and the last was an over throw...
Old 12-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #64
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Updated the OP with a new version; I am going with the "Pro" skill level...So much more balance between players, especially the WR/DB interaction on "Pro." Obviously the key now is to make the skill level competitive for skilled players. Will see how it works as I have played a few games and have had promising results, though I am far from a Madden champion player.

I came about my penalty slider settings by first noting all penalty categories in the NFL and then associating them with an actual penalty slider in Madden; For example, Defensive Pass Interference also includes defensive holding, for the sake of coming up with a slider setting for Madden's DPI.

So, for example, in 2014 an average of 6.47 Defensive Pass Interference penalties per team league wide were called over 16 games; there were also an average of 6.84 Defensive Holding penalties per team league wide over 16 games....I merely rounded up or down , added the total, and in this case, got a DPI penalty slider setting of 21.

Will it work? So far it is looking promising..This method I am testing does not consider penalty slider effects on game play, as there is a good bit of theory there as it is, and one theory may only hold true if another slider is higher or lower that another slider and so on....

At this point I am trying to input some hard fact numbers into the mix to justify my penalty sliders and see how they test out...

In this case I took that total for DPI of 21 and added from zero...Another option I will try is adding that 21 points to the default slider setting of 50, to make DPI a 71 and so on through all the penalty sliders see how that goes.

My source for the penalty information was from: http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-penalties.php?year=2014

If you click on the penalty name itself it brings you to a second page that will give the average total per team over the 16 game season for that particular penalty, as well as the combined average of that penalty in the NFL over 16 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »