Home

pr/pc sliders question

This is a discussion on pr/pc sliders question within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
pr/pc sliders question

I didn't want to hijack any threads with this so I wanted to start a new thread. I have done a lot of testing and I've pretty much found a number I like for all the sliders except pr/pc. I've seen so many variations it's hard to determine what is best. I've tried 50/30 but it seems to be to easy to pass and human d. Seems to strong. I was using 20/80 on an old set and I went back to try it and it was working well. I guess I just don't see what you guys are seeing at 50/30 can anyone ahead some light on this for me. I'm looking for a equal set for both sides and I'm thinking this may be completely different from each other. I play on all madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #2
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Re: pr/pc sliders question

What I'm really looking for is a secondary that plays to their attributes. If I play a tough secondary I want to see that and vice versa. Also I don't want the human do too strong 5th at I hold qbs to 200 yards. I would like to see variations on both sides.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

I honestly think alot of it depends on where all the other sliders are set as a whole. FistofRage has a very solid 2nd set he released last night thats a very good mix of balance and variety on All Madden.

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 12-15-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

A lot has to do with how other sliders are set as there are many sliders that are interdependent....

As it seems to be - Pass Reaction determines how well the defense reacts to the pass. The apparent trick is, anything above 50 and the defense reacts faster to the pass, but slower to the run...and then, anything lower than 50 and the defense reacts faster to the run and slower to the pass...

Pass cover appears to deal with just how well defenders will cover their opponent..This slider seems to affect defenders to where some player ratings may be artificially adjusted, making better defenders out of players who are not that great, the higher the slider goes.

Therefore, in theory, the lower you go the more the ratings of the defender matter because there is less modification applied by the slider. I have run PC on zero and good defenders still cover good, but bad defenders do not cover well as often....

As far as I understand it, a player rating, even a low rating, will allow a player to be successful over another player, who is generally better, some of the time...Your odds are just lower by how low your ratings are in comparison to the opponent your facing...

Madden is really nothing but a dice based game like Dungeons & Dragons, with modifiers and bonuses or minuses to the base dice roll...So it's all odds based, out of 100...A player with a higher number in a rating just has a better chance of winning, not a guarantee to be better all the time...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-15-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Great explanation..thank you. I see now why you shoot for 50 on reaction. It let's the dbs. React equally to run and pass which is what I want. I'm not sure where to set coverage. Do you still get good def. At 0. If so I'm looking that way. Maybe a 50/ 0 set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Great explanation..thank you. I see now why you shoot for 50 on reaction. It let's the dbs. React equally to run and pass which is what I want. I'm not sure where to set coverage. Do you still get good def. At 0. If so I'm looking that way. Maybe a 50/ 0 set
I'd start with the 50/0 and then just adjust pass coverage as you feel necessary in an attempt to achieve the results you want with the other settings you are happy with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »