Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #81
Go Pack Go

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of human thrown interceptions?

Derek Carr threw 3 in a game and then 4 in the next game.

In my Cardinals CFM Carson Palmer just put up 4 INT as well.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 01-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #82
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH

I am, yes.

I did not notice this before, but in the last couple of weeks I've noticed CPU defenders warping some and covering shocking amounts of distance while the ball is in the air. And my pick numbers have risen by 1/3 at least as a result.

I'm not sure what can be done about that, but King would know.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #83
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I am, yes.

I did not notice this before, but in the last couple of weeks I've noticed CPU defenders warping some and covering shocking amounts of distance while the ball is in the air. And my pick numbers have risen by 1/3 at least as a result.

Well, if you guys are using:

HUM / CPU

QBA 5 / 5 or

QBA 4 /4

That's the reason...I'm finding that with "equal numbers" the HUM accuracy really suffers...

I had one 3 pick game and have thrown about 5 in a three game span, so I'm also seeing that to an extent...including the occasional, yet rare warping...

Messing with the defensive sliders has been a Waterloo with this set, so I'd suggest going back to the "original recipe" of:

HUM / CPU

QBA 5 / 4

HOWEVER: If you like the kind of numbers the CPU is putting up offensively with their QBA @ 5 then try:

HUM / CPU

QBA 6 / 5

Personally, I'm prob going to try that next. Curiosity more than anything else. I'm also going to drop HUM CTH to 44, so the passing sub categories for both HUM and CPU stay at 75...

If THAT doesn't work, then it's back to "Original Recipe" QBA 5 / 4...bumping up CPU CTH to 46, so once again, the passing subcategories for both HUM and CPU stay at 75...

Or just stick with 5 / 5 and realize that the windows are REALLY tight...
I've messed around with these setting plenty, and it always comes back to the QBA settings and their "relative relationship"...

Equal presents a better challenge, but also creates the rare unrealistic animations...and some REALLY poor throws by the HUM controlled are possible...esp. with lower tiered QBs...

When the HUM slider is "one click greater" than CPU, the game plays great but overall, it's a little bit easier to defeat the CPU...

I hope this helps!

Bottom line:

I'd suggest leaving the other sliders the same as the base set and pick from these three QBA options:

HUM / CPU

QBA: 5 / 5
CTH 45 / 45

QBA: 6 / 5
CTH 44 / 45

QBA: 5 / 4
CTH 45 / 46

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-16-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #84
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Played the NFC Championship game last night (I wish there was just a regular Playoff setting instead of having to choose between Exhibition and Super Bowl) and I really enjoyed the experience.

Green Bay (CPU) @ Seattle

Final Score: Seattle 27-20

QB completion % was near-identical for the two QB's. Wilson was 61 percent and Rodgers was 63 percent. I saw some legit off-line throws from both QB's, which was very refreshing to see.

I would've liked to have seen Green Bay try and run the ball more with Lacy, I think he only had 7 carries (Rodgers ran a few times and Starks also had some carries so I think as a team they were around 15 rushing attempts). Beast Mode had a nice game, going for 135 yards on 28 carries with a touchdown.

I didn't see anything crazy in terms of sacks. Seattle had three and Green Bay got to Wilson twice.

Speaking of Wilson, he threw a beautiful TD pass in the 4th quarter. I can't recall what the play's called but it's a play-action pass that has the far-side slot and outside WR's running drags across the field. Green Bay bit on the play-fake (thanks to the run game being effective) and that enabled the slot receiver to slip between the LB's and safety (they were playing a single-high coverage scheme), catch the pass and jog into the end zone. Real-nice execution on that play.

I'll probably run the AFC Championship game tonight or tomorrow, but this time control the road team.

As for the sliders, I had my QB Accuracy at 5/5. Wilson threw one INT and that was one of those go routes where the WR doesn't jump/fight for the ball and the CPU jumped up to snag it. That's been an issue for a few years now on deep passes if you attempt to throw into any kind of coverage. Outside of that, I didn't notice any warping or anything by the DB's.
NBA Live 18 (XB1)
Batman: The Telltale Series (Switch)
Old 01-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #85
MVP

JG80's Arena

OVR: 0

King, do you have any house rules?

NBA:MAVERICKS
Old 01-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #86
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
King, do you have any house rules?
Nope!

I play as MIN / use a truly blitz heavy "Attacking 4-3" / use Pass Commit on 3rd and long / etc.

I'm having enough trouble getting consistent pressure without having to limit myself in any way...

Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #87
MVP

JG80's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Nope!

I play as MIN / use a truly blitz heavy "Attacking 4-3" / use Pass Commit on 3rd and long / etc.

I'm having enough trouble getting consistent pressure without having to limit myself in any way...

Well your sliders saved M15 for me. I'm still on last-gen and these provide a realistic challenge. I actually lost my first two games with these.

NBA:MAVERICKS
Old 01-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #88
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I am, yes.

Okay, I had a chance to try this:

HUM / CPU

QBA 6 / 5
CTG 44 / 45

IMHO, this is NOT going to work...

With HUM QBA @ 6 the CPU D AI seems to "perceive" that since the HUM appears to be really good at passing, it plays a 2 Deep "soft" defense on nearly EVERY down...

The running and passing lanes are bigger, the safeties don't play in the box and the blitz is rare, so it's just TOO easy to move the ball...

So: it's down to either living with the occasional "All Madden" warping and surges associated with default (which 5 / 5 plays like) OR:

Go back to "Original Recipe" which I've amended slightly to:

HUM / CPU

QBA 5 / 4
CTH 45 / 46

As I said, EVERY time I mess with the rest of the sliders, things go into "reverse", so these the only options I KNOW work...

The ONLY other option I can recommend trying (which I haven't had the opportunity to try myself yet) is:

HUM / CPU

QBA 4 / 4
CTH 46 / 46

Keeps the passing subcategories at 75, may or may not be a less "All Madden" feel as 5 / 5 can be...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-16-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Additional Option

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »